CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, mickrory said:

Andy

You live in Southampton, what's to stop you driving down to P&O House on day 61 armed with the requisite paperwork and demanding your refund?

Because probably a futile exercise because like most of us in the travel business, unless you haven’t been furloughed, the staff are working from home and the actual office buildings are locked up and closed as ours are. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Because probably a futile exercise because like most of us in the travel business, unless you haven’t been furloughed, the staff are working from home and the actual office buildings are locked up and closed as ours are. 

When I rang P&O on Friday the lady kept me on hold a few times while she said she was consulting her manager for advice.

This indicated to me she was in the office.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I rang P&O on Friday the lady kept me on hold a few times while she said she was consulting her manager for advice.

this is what I’ve been having to tell customers. I’m working from home. So is manager. You have to call through to them or email to get help. 

some may be in the office but not a lot. You can tell by the background noise 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mickrory said:

Andy

You live in Southampton, what's to stop you driving down to P&O House on day 61 armed with the requisite paperwork and demanding your refund?

I've been down there Mick, it is basically locked up. 

I'm sure some are there but no reception etc. 

Doubt the security guard can help me... 

Andy 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I've been down there Mick, it is basically locked up. 

I'm sure some are there but no reception etc. 

Doubt the security guard can help me... 

Andy 

Government offices are open for staff  but not letting customers in.

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It's a strange building as you can't really see in, but hardly any cars in the adjoining car park and real lack of movement would suggest there are not many in there. 

Im sure one of the agents I spoke to was at home, I could hear children playing. 

Andy 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

When I called a few weeks ago I spoke to a chap who usually works for Cunard but has been seconded to P&O to assist. He checked something with a colleague during my call. I expressed some surprise, as I said that I had expected him to be working from home and he said that many were, but a number of staff were still working in the office, of which he was one. I suspect that they are dong what many organisations are - asking as many staff who can work from home to do so, but providing an option for those where home working isn’t a viable option (lack of suitable / quiet workspace etc) to work in the office under social distancing rules. 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

When I called a few weeks ago I spoke to a chap who usually works for Cunard but has been seconded to P&O to assist. He checked something with a colleague during my call. I expressed some surprise, as I said that I had expected him to be working from home and he said that many were, but a number of staff were still working in the office, of which he was one. I suspect that they are dong what many organisations are - asking as many staff who can work from home to do so, but providing an option for those where home working isn’t a viable option (lack of suitable / quiet workspace etc) to work in the office under social distancing rules. 

exactly that selbourne for the company I work for. There is also a few people who are an assist team that helps us out if we can’t order things they have admin rights to do so. There has to be some there to take payments as it is not allowed while we are at home

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Staff with existing health issues or a BMI over 40 were sent home mid march for 13 weeks but required to work from home.

22 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's a strange building as you can't really see in, but hardly any cars in the adjoining car park and real lack of movement would suggest there are not many in there. 

Im sure one of the agents I spoke to was at home, I could hear children playing. 

Andy 

The noise of children you heard was probably the IT department updating their systems.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The noise of children you heard was probably the IT department updating their systems.

Love it! I always had a mental picture of Clowns! Of course, the average child has more IT skill than the average adult so, on reflection, P&O’s IT is too poor to be under the control of IT literate children 😉

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

exactly that selbourne for the company I work for. There is also a few people who are an assist team that helps us out if we can’t order things they have admin rights to do so. There has to be some there to take payments as it is not allowed while we are at home

It's the opposite for us, we cannot take payments on site but can from home or online using the Global payment system, but we are not a massive company, so there is probably different rules. 

Andy 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Or the finance department playing/working? On our Refunds.

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's the opposite for us, we cannot take payments on site but can from home or online using the Global payment system, but we are not a massive company, so there is probably different rules. 

Andy 

im not sure what the rules are for us. Only know that it’s possible to do it but not legally so we don’t. 

we have been told that we might not go back till next year. 

they are renovating the building or were before this so might use it to speed everything up

I do know that we are only just getting back to nearly normal. 

it’s not that I don’t understand the reason for the refunds taking a long time. It’s the none communication, the fact that these companies feel in the right when they clearly are not and that I don’t see other people with cruises before mine getting the refunds yet either. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

im not sure what the rules are for us. Only know that it’s possible to do it but not legally so we don’t. 

we have been told that we might not go back till next year. 

they are renovating the building or were before this so might use it to speed everything up

I do know that we are only just getting back to nearly normal. 

it’s not that I don’t understand the reason for the refunds taking a long time. It’s the none communication, the fact that these companies feel in the right when they clearly are not and that I don’t see other people with cruises before mine getting the refunds yet either. 

Communication is the biggest disappointment for me. 

I said before, a simple update of 'we have x amount of refunds to do, we currently have done x amount, we expect the rest to be done by x date' would have quietened many of us. 

Changing the goalposts to suit them and mixed messages makes us naturally frustrated and concerned for our money. 

Andy 

• Like 5

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Communication is the biggest disappointment for me. 

I said before, a simple update of 'we have x amount of refunds to do, we currently have done x amount, we expect the rest to be done by x date' would have quietened many of us. 

Changing the goalposts to suit them and mixed messages makes us naturally frustrated and concerned for our money. 

Andy 

yep. Agree with you it would definitely help. Problem is that the advisors we speak to have very little say in anything so will just say what they have been told to. 
as I paid p&o directly as I booked on their website I am expecting them to put it all back into my credit card that I paid the bulk of in January. I think the deposit was on the joint account but if these aren’t back in by Thursday then I will have to call and chase them 

I am expecting them to now say 90 days as I don’t think they have actually set anything in motion the other week when I called as no refund had yet been processed. 

id love to not have to have an argument with them. im sure we all would have rather than none of this ever happened and we could have all already been on the ships spending money on numerous cocktails. 
I think p&o are forgetting that a lot of the older generations will feel that their loyalty hasn’t counted for anything and that will ruin the chances of them going with them again. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

The travel Insurance company has no connection with ABTA, they are represented by ABI. 

Yes, we know that. Your post finished by having a pop at ABTA, hence my reply agreeing with you.

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

yep. Agree with you it would definitely help. Problem is that the advisors we speak to have very little say in anything so will just say what they have been told to. 
as I paid p&o directly as I booked on their website I am expecting them to put it all back into my credit card that I paid the bulk of in January. I think the deposit was on the joint account but if these aren’t back in by Thursday then I will have to call and chase them 

I am expecting them to now say 90 days as I don’t think they have actually set anything in motion the other week when I called as no refund had yet been processed. 

id love to not have to have an argument with them. im sure we all would have rather than none of this ever happened and we could have all already been on the ships spending money on numerous cocktails. 
I think p&o are forgetting that a lot of the older generations will feel that their loyalty hasn’t counted for anything and that will ruin the chances of them going with them again. 

Yep, there are so many factors that are making this bad pr, but like a lot of companies, they are hiding behind 'different times', allowing them to break the law. 

But I suppose they see it that they are doing all they can to stay afloat and trying to protect their business and staff, so it's difficult for me to get too wound up, just disappointed... 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

And if a gang of irate customers turned up at the door of a nearly empty secure office and she had her wits about her, she should hide behind the door and ignore the till they go away.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, there are so many factors that are making this bad pr, but like a lot of companies, they are hiding behind 'different times', allowing them to break the law. 

But I suppose they see it that they are doing all they can to stay afloat and trying to protect their business and staff, so it's difficult for me to get too wound up, just disappointed... 

Andy 

I think that’s the thing we are all swinging between what’s best for us and what’s best for the companies we use. 

it is ridiculously difficult and this all basically sucks. Just wish someone had all the right answers for this pandemic. 

im the same with virgin. They annoy me greatly and I want my money but at the same time I need them to stay as their business of planes feeds into my husbands company who makes plane parts. It’s like the chicken and the egg. Which first. If virgin goes then his job could go but also if virgin refund that could then keep us afloat a bit if his job cuts down etc. 

what day are you on andy for your refund? 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I think that’s the thing we are all swinging between what’s best for us and what’s best for the companies we use. 

it is ridiculously difficult and this all basically sucks. Just wish someone had all the right answers for this pandemic. 

im the same with virgin. They annoy me greatly and I want my money but at the same time I need them to stay as their business of planes feeds into my husbands company who makes plane parts. It’s like the chicken and the egg. Which first. If virgin goes then his job could go but also if virgin refund that could then keep us afloat a bit if his job cuts down etc. 

what day are you on andy for your refund? 

We are waiting for 2. One is way past its 45 days quoted at the time, the other is coming up to its quoted 60 days. 

In general business, everybody is asking for a minimum of 60 days now, some 90 days, but I expect them to keep pushing as far as they can. 

Andy 

On 23rd April I applied for a refund of my 17th May cruise.  I have received NO acknowledgement that my request has been received.  I wouldn't mind waiting if I could be sure that my request has BEEN RECEIVED.    Any thoughts anyone?