CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

And if a gang of irate customers turned up at the door of a nearly empty secure office and she had her wits about her, she should hide behind the door and ignore the till they go away.

Not necessarily, she could easily be using Skype.  That's what we are doing.  I am working from home and I can put my caller on hold and Skype my Manager.

• Thanks 1

All Carnival staff should now be working at home. It took a while to get everyone set-up at home. Security on site.

Contact centre staff were initally not admitting to working at home as initial staff moved before lockdown.

Contact centre staff have instant message capabilities to talk to managers and can also do so by video call. Think Microsoft Teams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not necessarily, she could easily be using Skype.  That's what we are doing.  I am working from home and I can put my caller on hold and Skype my Manager.

Reading 1324/1325 would clear this up for you 😂

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

The noise of children you heard was probably the IT department updating their systems.

I was going to say the Cunard Management upstairs, but yours is better 😁

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Did you apply for the refund online?  If so, there would just have been a screen saying thank you for the submission.  That's all others have said.  I did mine over the phone back in March.

I did it online following their email  to me advising me that the cruise was cancelled. There were two options the first was “if you do nothing you will get a future cruise credit” 

The other option was to request a refund.   I did this but no acknowledgement was received.  I am wondering if I should do it again.

34 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

I did it online following their email  to me advising me that the cruise was cancelled. There were two options the first was “if you do nothing you will get a future cruise credit” 

The other option was to request a refund.   I did this but no acknowledgement was received.  I am wondering if I should do it again.

Nobody has received an acknowledgement all you got was a quick "pop up"  like jeanlyon stated and if you blinked you would have missed it

10 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

All I got was a series of silly photos to prove that I was not a robot.  I have now contacted them to enquire if they have received my request.

Have you checked your Spam folder?  This is where a lot of us found our (incorrect in my case) cancellation invoices.

4 minutes ago, Bernie Bedstead said:

I have filled in a refund request form on the P & O website and submitted it. I have had no confirmation it was received by P & O or any acknowledgment. Is this normal or should I resubmit the form. The form was submitted on 23rd April

Unfortunately seems to be normal P&O practise, also they have said, only submit once.

Expect refund around 22nd June in your case, based on other refund dates.

I spoke to a very polite lady at P&O this morning who acknowledged that I had now been waiting more than 60 days for a refund, was very sorry about it, and that was it.    There is clearly a strategy to delay refunds.  I wonder If they are planning some sort of pre pack administration of the UK  business to avoid their liabilities.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mat5664 said:

I spoke to a very polite lady at P&O this morning who acknowledged that I had now been waiting more than 60 days for a refund, was very sorry about it, and that was it.    There is clearly a strategy to delay refunds.  I wonder If they are planning some sort of pre pack administration of the UK  business to avoid their liabilities.   

Does that mean if they go into administration that I won’t get my money? 

I also have a cancelled holiday with virgin and they are looking more likely to into admin and I am worrying about that money too

14 minutes ago, mat5664 said:

Wow, you cancelled early? my guess around about the 10th March, earliest that I have seen reported!

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Does that mean if they go into administration that I won’t get my money? 

I also have a cancelled holiday with virgin and they are looking more likely to into admin and I am worrying about that money too

At the moment I would be less worried about Carnival than Virgin. Carnival have secured $6bn of funding, albeit at 11%,  and look to be financially stable for the rest of this year at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

At the moment I would be less worried about Carnival than Virgin. Carnival have secured $6bn of funding, albeit at 11%,  and look to be financially stable for the rest of this year at least.

oh I am definitely more worried about virgin. They also owe me more. 

2 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

All I got was a series of silly photos to prove that I was not a robot.  I have now contacted them to enquire if they have received my request.

Did you pass the test?. I failed twice.........exterminate,exterminate.

• Haha 1

I spoke to a very nice lady at P&O just now.  Got through in about 5 minutes.  She stated that cruises were being done in date order, so I explained that I cancelled BEFORE my cruise was cancelled, owing to being over 70 and one with underlying condition.  She agreed my cancellation figure and the date of March 12th and that it would be a cheque.  All cancellations are going onto a spreadsheet (!!), then they would have to be printed by someone going into the office, then the post room would have to opened for them to be franked and mailed.  (Actually that is the same for the the way we are working at my office).  The 45 days and the 60 days ARE working days, so she estimates my 45 days is this coming week.

That's all I have.  I did feel that the refund would come, but my 60th day is 6th June (worst case scenario).  We will see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I spoke to a very nice lady at P&O just now.  Got through in about 5 minutes.  She stated that cruises were being done in date order, so I explained that I cancelled BEFORE my cruise was cancelled, owing to being over 70 and one with underlying condition.  She agreed my cancellation figure and the date of March 12th and that it would be a cheque.  All cancellations are going onto a spreadsheet (!!), then they would have to be printed by someone going into the office, then the post room would have to opened for them to be franked and mailed.  (Actually that is the same for the the way we are working at my office).  The 45 days and the 60 days ARE working days, so she estimates my 45 days is this coming week.

That's all I have.  I did feel that the refund would come, but my 60th day is 6th June (worst case scenario).  We will see.

if it is working days then they should state that. I know where I work I have to state that so as not to confuse people. If it’s 60 working days that’s ridiculous 

• Like 1

That’s 12 weeks plus 3or 4 bank holidays. So call it’s 13 weeks 

that would put me getting my refund at mid June. Right around my birthday 

it states

that does not say working days 

If you requested a refund before 30 March, your refund should be credited to you within around 60 days.

Edited by Vampiress88

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

if it is working days then they should state that. I know where I work I have to state that so as not to confuse people. If it’s 60 working days that’s ridiculous

Take no notice of what they say, it was never working days, then it was within 45/60 days, now it is at least... 

The truth is, they don't know and are just fobbing us off.. Not their fault, nobody is giving them true guidelines so they use what they think they can get away with.. 

Andy 

• Like 4

Any company is only as good as its senior management and to be honest you could phone P&O twice and get 2 different answers that has been the case for years so dont expect any change now. I would take everything they say with a very large pinch of salt and dont blame them they are not being given direction from the top and I think a lot is guess work.

• Like 3