CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

22 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's good news Graham. 

That's all we ask, a bit of information.. 

Just hope you don't get a 'cheques in the post' scenario.. 

Fingers crossed for you.. 

Andy 

Hi Andy.

I've had an email from P&O asking for bank details and it seems they are going to do a Bacs.

• Like 2

They should put a ‘pause’ on new bookings and concentrate on sorting their PR disaster with regards these refunds. Going to leave a lasting impression on their customer base.

So quick in chasing payment and charging exuberant fees for booking changes or address changes... and then when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems to be a bad fit.

What’s good for this goose isn’t good for their gander.

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Another actual refund being celebrated on FB this morning, received day 65 - working the calendar back this means cancellation on 8th March, which would likely mean that the passenger cancelled, not P&O, but can't be certain on that.

Passenger reports chasing P&O for at least a couple of weeks.

Think that I may need to request a refund on my postal order of the vuvuzela...😅

The refund on FB has been confirmed as a cancellation by the customer before any 'pause' was announced.

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

There is also the example of those organisations who are paying out in a fairly reasonable period of time to show up those who are dragging their heels. We have had our money back from every other cruise/ holiday / hotel / car park with the exception of P&O.

Same here. As an example that is in complete contrast to P&O, I have this morning cancelled a 5 night booking with Premier Inn for the end of June. The booking was an early saver (or whatever they call it) made last year and was non-refundable. As a result of the crisis, Premier Inn have now considered all bookings, including non-refundable ones, to be fully amendable or eligible for a full refund. Now that we have more detail on the gradual release from lockdown, we realise that a hotel stay at the end of June won’t be viable, so I cancelled this morning. Within 5 minutes I received a proper email cancellation form which also confirmed that the full payment (no fees) has been immediately refunded to my credit card. They are a massive company and have far more customers on a weekly basis than P&O, yet can amend their T’s and C’s in the customers favour (not theirs) and refund within minutes. Chalk and cheese when compared with P&O. Guess which company I would recommend to others and which I would urge caution with?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

They should put a ‘pause’ on new bookings and concentrate on sorting their PR disaster with regards these refunds. Going to leave a lasting impression on their customer base.

So quick in chasing payment and charging exuberant fees for booking changes or address changes... and then when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems to be a bad fit.

What’s good for this goose isn’t good for their gander.

They cannot put a pause on new bookings because not all are asking for refunds many are opting for FCC and they are then making new bookings with the FCC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Same here. As an example that is in complete contrast to P&O, I have this morning cancelled a 5 night booking with Premier Inn for the end of June. The booking was an early saver (or whatever they call it) made last year and was non-refundable. As a result of the crisis, Premier Inn have now considered all bookings, including non-refundable ones, to be fully amendable or eligible for a full refund. Now that we have more detail on the gradual release from lockdown, we realise that a hotel stay at the end of June won’t be viable, so I cancelled this morning. Within 5 minutes I received a proper email cancellation form which also confirmed that the full payment (no fees) has been immediately refunded to my credit card. They are a massive company and have far more customers on a weekly basis than P&O, yet can amend their T’s and C’s in the customers favour (not theirs) and refund within minutes. Chalk and cheese when compared with P&O. Guess which company I would recommend to others and which I would urge caution with?

Ditto. Seven originally non refundable bookings with Premier Inn cancelled last Saturday. All refunds bar one on my credit card today.

Edited by Joseph Bloggs

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

They cannot put a pause on new bookings because not all are asking for refunds many are opting for FCC and they are then making new bookings with the FCC.

It is very obvious that the 60+ day delay in paying refunds is not a resource problem but a company policy decision.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Andy.

I've had an email from P&O asking for bank details and it seems they are going to do a Bacs.

That's great news Graham. 

I know you are sensible enough to check the validity of the request.. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Turn the Tide said:

It is very obvious that the 60+ day delay in paying refunds is not a resource problem but a company policy decision.

In terms of P&O turning out to be an outlier, some of this will depend on whether or not the cruise lines who said up to 90 days actually stick to their word and if their customers experience shows that "up to" means that, instead of "average," or "from."

Beyond the current scenario annoying a lot of the customers that they are trying to retain, they seem to have less than a month left both to clear the historic refunds and get on top of those requested from the second pause up to the end of July.  This will most likely be extended again by that point, causing more queues of refunds.

If part of the reason for the delay is their cumbersome IT and spreadsheet system then they are on track for amongst the worst or worst in class.

Otherwise, they will stick out like a sore thumb, even more so than already.  Mind you, they'll still be better than a certain low cost airline, just about.

13 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's great news Graham. 

I know you are sensible enough to check the validity of the request.. 

Andy 

Thanks.

It's from guest relations team leader carnival UK.

She said it could take up to 7 working days but I will post when it goes into our bank.

Today is day 60.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joseph Bloggs said:

Ditto. Seven originally non refundable bookings with Premier Inn cancelled last Saturday. All refunds bar one on my credit card today.

I had the same experience with Days Inn, didn't even need to ask for the refund.  That will make me think positively about that company whenever travel restarts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

isnt that for the ferries?

No, my understanding is that the Carnival group (including P&O Cruises) have announced up to 450 redundancies, which is sad for everyone affected.

P&O Ferries also making redundancies, but they are a separate entity.

The impact on refund timeliness may again prove to be negative, I agree.

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

No unfortunately. It's  on the news today. 450 over P&O and Cunard 

Avril 

Haven’t seen that. Only ferries. 
it’s awful what this is doing to the economy. 
I can’t see what people will do. If they are made redundant there is no other jobs to take over I would think. 
and the dole isn’t gonna be enough for people not to lose house etc 

just read it. It’s awful. Says it’s equivalent to 1/4 of Southampton staff. So are they not doing anything with the actual staff that go on the ships or do they not count as they are not from U.K. 

Edited by Vampiress88

28 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

I had the same experience with Days Inn, didn't even need to ask for the refund.  That will make me think positively about that company whenever travel restarts.

We have a 2 week cruise & stay booked for the 5th. June at the Holiday Inn in Eastleigh. Our cruise has been cancelled and when I contacted the hotel they said that they were now closed to guests as they are providing rooms for local essential workers. They said I shouldemail their customer care dept. I did this , but the email was returned as apparently their 'mailbox was full' I don't know what to do next - do I contact my CC company?

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Haven’t seen that. Only ferries. 
it’s awful what this is doing to the economy. 
I can’t see what people will do. If they are made redundant there is no other jobs to take over I would think. 
and the dole isn’t gonna be enough for people not to lose house etc 

just read it. It’s awful. Says it’s equivalent to 1/4 of Southampton staff. So are they not doing anything with the actual staff that go on the ships or do they not count as they are not from U.K. 

My understanding re the on-board staff is that they work from contract to contract, and are only paid when under contract.  A few years ago one of the engineering officers told us that he normally did 4 months on, two months off.  He wanted to skip his next contract to spend more time at home as his wife was expecting, but couldn't afford to stay off.  As for entertainment like bands etc,  their contracts can be for as little as the cruise they are on.

2 minutes ago, smj777 said:

We have a 2 week cruise & stay booked for the 5th. June at the Holiday Inn in Eastleigh. Our cruise has been cancelled and when I contacted the hotel they said that they were now closed to guests as they are providing rooms for local essential workers. They said I shouldemail their customer care dept. I did this , but the email was returned as apparently their 'mailbox was full' I don't know what to do next - do I contact my CC company?

Your options could be to either ring the Head Office as they may well sort out on the phone, or contact your CC company with evidence of the bounce back email as proof, as they may well want to see what you've tried to sort.  Hope this helps - good luck

38 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I guess todays redundancy news will mean even less people doing refunds, thus longer delays.

Sad though this is, I don’t think P&O can ever use this as an excuse to delay refunds any further. They will still have an awful lot of staff remaining and it’s not as though they are rushed off their feet with new bookings. The redundancies are obviously reflective of the workload and they will still have over 1,000 staff remaining. As far as we can tell, only two staff are allocated to processing refunds (could be just one given the lack of them so far)!

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

My understanding re the on-board staff is that they work from contract to contract, and are only paid when under contract.  A few years ago one of the engineering officers told us that he normally did 4 months on, two months off.  He wanted to skip his next contract to spend more time at home as his wife was expecting, but couldn't afford to stay off.  As for entertainment like bands etc,  their contracts can be for as little as the cruise they are on.

Someone posted the details of the crew package for the crisis regarding pay, repatriation (for those that could) and remaining on board (for those who couldn’t), but it was removed. I can’t recall all the detail but in essence their pay was scaled down over a few months to zero with those remaining on board getting free board and lodging (big deal)! Obviously those whose jobs were still needed (technical, maintenance etc) will still be paid, but they are a small minority. 

Just to update anyone concerned about the refund process via personel email .Seems they are not sending any info back and cruise personeliser will not change until they cancel it on the system I have had 3 reply to  emails in last 5 days confirming this  they had my application on the last 23/4/20 claims and is in hand and would be refunded by cheque upto 60 days so dont know if that will change to BACS at anytime 

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

It's from guest relations team leader carnival UK.

She said it could take up to 7 working days but I will post when it goes into our bank.

Today is day 60.

Graham, were you not waiting for a cheque because you booked throuogh a TA, or am I thinking of someone else?

• Like 1