Jump to content

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

 

I look forward to seeing the low-loader hauling Britannia through the Dartford Tunnel when the baillifs deliver her to you.

Britannia won’t do. I’m gunning for Iona 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Wrong. Look at your contracts. They are just trading divisions of Carnival, not separate companies. Your cruise contract is with Carnival plc. But then I expect you knew that 

I am not sure what the current position is with Princess UK bookings, but I suspect they are all handled at Santa Clarita. Carnival house in Southampton now just seems to be P&O and Cunard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am not sure what the current position is with Princess UK bookings, but I suspect they are all handled at Santa Clarita. Carnival house in Southampton now just seems to be P&O and Cunard.

No they are not. I am in correspondence with Princess regarding a small amount owed to me for exchange differences on shore excursions booked and that is being handled by staff at Carnival House Southampton. 

Edited by staygulf
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You were very fortunate to receive a refund from Princess so quickly, it's now 90 days and counting. 

 

This must be a new development.  I cancelled 4 days ago with Princess (9th May) and they were giving 60 days.  Ever hopeful - although it is only a deposit I am awaiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like Cadbury’s which sells chocolate in different shapes and sizes and puts them in different wrappers and calls them by different names, that is what the UK cruise divisions of Carnival are. Different sweets in different wrappers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

This must be a new development.  I cancelled 4 days ago with Princess (9th May) and they were giving 60 days.  Ever hopeful - although it is only a deposit I am awaiting.

Admittedly, it was at the end of March just as the fiasco was beginning. 

Edited by staygulf
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been patient but as I cracked last week and phoned and got a very snotty man who wouldn’t even look up my account I will be phoning on day 60 which I think is Friday. I wouldn’t be if I got a satisfactory reply from the man I spoke to last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Never mind about refunds. At least we can all look forward to joining n their Facebook quiz on Friday. That should be a nice consolation. 

Question 1...

What is a reasonable time to wait for a refund when a pandemic strikes... 😊

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

This must be a new development.  I cancelled 4 days ago with Princess (9th May) and they were giving 60 days.  Ever hopeful - although it is only a deposit I am awaiting.

I should know to check my facts before posting. Apologises all round today. I had read that it was 90 days but info appears to be wrong, it should be 60 days.

 

This lockdown is scrambling my brain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW INFORMATION- I decided to phone today as it’s my day off.

 

This time I waited 15 minutes to get through. I got a much more pleasant woman and she said they weren’t allowed to say before but as the total of the refunds exceeded a certain amount they had to have an audit first to be able to release the funds. She said that’s why it’s taken so long and I should see my money in the next week. Fingers crossed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting - No way that I would cruise with CMV, Marella,  Fred or RCL. I might consider MSC, but only if I could afford the Yacht Club.

 

 

Out of interest what puts you off cruising with those companies. We have only been with P&O and once with Celebrity. What is it that particularly puts you off. I'm not picking just curious.


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Turn the Tide said:

There are other cruise companies - Royal Caribean?

At the moment I have 6 cruises scheduled up until March 2022, all from P&O.  Clearly, not all of these are going to go ahead with the situation around vaccine/treatment; insurance and overbooking.

 

I certainly will not be accepting any FCCs or booking any further replacement cruises at this time.  

 

P&Os chance to redeem themselves will come however few of these cruises it becomes safe for me to actually travel on.  I made the mistake once of booking TUI for the itinerary, never again - no matter what the price.  Edible food is part of any cruise.

 

The line more likely to attract my future custom at this time would be RCL.  Even paying more for less and accepting the different culture, I would still be better off with them rather than sticking with P&O. 

 

I'll accept missing out on the free pair of cheap slippers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staygulf said:

Wrong. Look at your contracts. They are just trading divisions of Carnival, not separate companies. Your cruise contract is with Carnival plc. But then I expect you knew that 

Yes but other than reservations in the UK all Princess staff are in US where refunds are coming from they refused to have a head office base in Carnival UK (P&O/Cunard) in Southampton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

NEW INFORMATION- I decided to phone today as it’s my day off.

 

This time I waited 15 minutes to get through. I got a much more pleasant woman and she said they weren’t allowed to say before but as the total of the refunds exceeded a certain amount they had to have an audit first to be able to release the funds. She said that’s why it’s taken so long and I should see my money in the next week. Fingers crossed!

 

I really hope that this information proves to be correct too.

 

If it proves not to be, or the audit results have to relayed back to Carnival USA etc before envelopes can be franked, then it is a more imaginative excuse than whole "working" days or normal days fiasco.  Let's keep positive.

 

The other thing that may become true is that if the mid/late March backlog has in itself triggered an audit, multiple audits will be needed for subsequent  cancellations.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Maybe I think you will only get egg on your face and out of pocket.

Please explain the “out of pocket”. The cost of claim is added to the claim itself . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would seem that P&O now are waiting until 60 days have passed to begin processing the refund. Someone at the P&O call centre has been telling callers that one sole person goes in on a Friday to process any refunds that are now over the 60 days.

They need to get a bunch of folk sorting this - instead of wasting energy replying with the same copy/paste messages. Why not send out an email to all refund customers telling them their plan and then get folk back in working through the backlog. They obviously ‘can’t work from home’... so get them back to work and put measures in place. Because the pile will only get bigger when they cancel the next lot of cruises (which they’ll leave as late as possible - those cruises will help pay the refunds for the ones already requested....)

Essentially P&O is currently a pyramid scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Yes but other than reservations in the UK all Princess staff are in US where refunds are coming from they refused to have a head office base in Carnival UK (P&O/Cunard) in Southampton.

See my earlier post. I have been communicating with Princess  UK regarding a refund. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve been patient but as I cracked last week and phoned and got a very snotty man who wouldn’t even look up my account I will be phoning on day 60 which I think is Friday. I wouldn’t be if I got a satisfactory reply from the man I spoke to last week.

 

My husband who is an accountant, says that is absolute BS.  It's another delaying tactic.  I am at Day 62 today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

Would seem that P&O now are waiting until 60 days have passed to begin processing the refund. Someone at the P&O call centre has been telling callers that one sole person goes in on a Friday to process any refunds that are now over the 60 days.

They need to get a bunch of folk sorting this - instead of wasting energy replying with the same copy/paste messages. Why not send out an email to all refund customers telling them their plan and then get folk back in working through the backlog. They obviously ‘can’t work from home’... so get them back to work and put measures in place. Because the pile will only get bigger when they cancel the next lot of cruises (which they’ll leave as late as possible - those cruises will help pay the refunds for the ones already requested....)

Essentially P&O is currently a pyramid scheme.

Not disagreeing, just wonder how many people took the opportunity to cancel for a full refund, when offered on the 13th March, and before this was changed on the 19th March, which gave those over 70 and those with underlying heath conditions the chance to do so. This was offered on all cruises up to the 1st September.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Not disagreeing, just wonder how many people took the opportunity to cancel for a full refund, when offered on the 13th March, and before this was changed on the 19th March, which gave those over 70 and those with underlying heath conditions the chance to do so. This was offered on all cruises up to the 1st September.

Not sure I follow. The change re over 70’s and those with underlying conditions was on 13 March. What is the reference to 19 March?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, staygulf said:

Not sure I follow. The change re over 70’s and those with underlying conditions was on 13 March. What is the reference to 19 March?

Sorry do not wish to get caught up in your litigation!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...