CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Well interestingly, the lady who did my refund, told me they would protect my TAs commission!  Still begs the question, how can they send me the whole amount when my TA gave me some commission.

I paid TA £3700 and P&O said my cheque?? Would be £3400.

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Not according to cruisetradenews website.

A couple of US TAs post on RCL threads and where I read that.

I paid TA £3700 but P&O say refund is £3400 off them and see TA for the rest.

Edited by grapau27

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well interestingly, the lady who did my refund, told me they would protect my TAs commission!  Still begs the question, how can they send me the whole amount when my TA gave me some commission.

I, probably like most of us get told different stories whoever we ring.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I, probably like most of us get told different stories whoever we ring.

P&O Customer Services have always been famous for mixed messages over the same subject so you dont know what to believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

No company should need to request card details again as these should be held securely in a 'data vault' against your unique booking reference

What you are saying seem very sensible. They must have this sort of facility as they were able to take double credit and debit card payments in error using historical data: if they could take it many many months after taking the first legitimate payment then presumably they should be able to refund it by the same method?

We booked direct and to date have received no information about the method of refund. Until reading this discussion I had assumed it would go back to my card.

I will not be happy if I get a cheque which just adds even more time to the already unacceptable delay.

54 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yep agree.

I am getting more and more confused now  by what should be a very simple transaction. I paid T.A an  amount by credit card  for a cruise. I should therefore  get a refund of the SAME amount to the same  credit card. Why is it so complicated? I paid the T.A not P.O so my complaint will be directly to them next week. Thank you all  for  the input regarding non existent refunds. 

17 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

We had to cancel a cruise in November before all this kicked off and the refund went straight to our bank account from P&O even thought it was booked through a TA

But how did they know what your bank details were?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

But how did they know what your bank details were?

I honestly can’t remember I must’ve told them at some point. It took a while for them to agree to refund it as it was cancelled at short notice but a little gentle persuasion done the trick

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A couple of US TAs post on RCL threads and where I read that.

I paid TA £3700 but P&O say refund is £3400 off them and see TA for the rest.

My neighbour's CMV cruise was cancelled.  He booked through a local independent TA, fully paid up (via TA) when he was notified of the cancellation.  CMV are telling him that he still owes them money!

He said that what CMV say he owes is exactly 12.5% of what he paid, so he thinks it's the TA's commission.

10 hours ago, ann141 said:

Our cruise was cancelled 13 March (well turned back to Southampton- we had left on 11th March)and I have heard of 2 people on our cruise receiving refunds back onto their card.One i think managed to get through on the phone to P and O and insisted that the customer services advisor contact someone in finance as we had received a letter onboard from the Captain stating we would receive a refund after a week.She then had to scan a copy of the letter through to P and O and received a refund within a few days .The other person I think contacted them on social media and was successful but most [people I know are still waiting.The 45 days are up tommorrow and I will try to phone then but at the moment I am not prepared to hang on the phone to be put through for hours!

We were on the same cruise and, like you, are still waiting.   The refunds are so say being dealt with in date order and if that is the case then surely we would have been the first to receive the refund. Let's hope it's not too much longer.

• Like 1

I cancelled my Aurora cruise - ( my choice ) - on Friday 13th March 2020 - With the sail date being August 2020

I`d paid a chunk via credit card in 2 payments, I was due to make 2 further payments then my holiday will have been paid for...

As of today Sunday 26th April 2020 - I`m still to be refunded ( 44 Days later ) despite being told originally at cancellation it would be 7/14 days... 

I`ve read on this thread about cheques as refunds?......... If I had paid via credit card - Should I expect a cheque refund?..........

I have had refunds for other plans from trainline.com and Premier Inn

6 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I cancelled my Aurora cruise - ( my choice ) - on Friday 13th March 2020 - With the sail date being August 2020

I`d paid a chunk via credit card in 2 payments, I was due to make 2 further payments then my holiday will have been paid for...

As of today Sunday 26th April 2020 - I`m still to be refunded ( 44 Days later ) despite being told originally at cancellation it would be 7/14 days... 

I`ve read on this thread about cheques as refunds?......... If I had paid via credit card - Should I expect a cheque refund?..........

I have had refunds for other plans from trainline.com and Premier Inn

Why on earth did you pay in advance, especially using a credit card?

2 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Sorry Wowzz? I dont understand?...

You said you had paid two "chunks", using a credit card. Why do that?  Just pay the balance at the last possible minute.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

You said you had paid two "chunks", using a credit card. Why do that?  Just pay the balance at the last possible minute.

Nooooooooooooooooo - I couldnt do that

Am I likely to receive my refund via a cheque or back on my credit card? ..........

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I sometimes did mine like this. Always did it on the credit card for the section 75 thing but then I would pay off my credit card balance and start again. 
sometimes you don’t have that much on your credit card to pay in one go. 

I have for last two years just put it into a savings then paid it in two chunks On the credit card but only a few days before the deadline. I don’t like parting with my money anymore any sooner than I have to. Just because what if something happened and you needed that extra? Use the savings forfeit the deposit. 

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

have for last two years just put it into a savings then paid it in two chunks On the credit card but only a few days before the deadline. I don’t like parting with my money anymore any sooner than I have to. Just because what if something happened and you needed that extra? Use the savings forfeit the deposit. 

That seems sensible - but "cruisefan" was using the credit card to pay for the cruise in 4 instalments.  Seems illogical  to me - as you say, put the money into a savings  account or Premium Bonds,  and then pay at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Why on earth did you pay in advance, especially using a credit card?

Using a credit card can give you more protection and people pay at different times due to their circumstances. How and when they pay is irrelevant, this thread is about getting the refunds due in a timely manner which should be in accordance to the law which P&O are unable to do due to the present situation. However, P&O should not be changing the process to suit themselves by issuing cheques instead of refunding to the form of payment used for the original booking. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That seems sensible - but "cruisefan" was using the credit card to pay for the cruise in 4 instalments.  Seems illogical  to me - as you say, put the money into a savings  account or Premium Bonds,  and then pay at the last minute. 

It may seem illogical to you, but maybe very logical to the person doing it so I don’t think it’s acceptable for you to question their actions and to be honest comes across as quite judgemental. You do what you want to do and let others do as they wish. 

• Like 2