Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

This is the third time  that I have tried to post this,  and I apologise if this is a repeat.

A person on a different site has had a refund for the cancelled Iona maiden cruise.  

I am saying nothing more.


Yes, but as was pointed out earlier, if that person (or travelling companion) was 70 or over, they could have cancelled mid-March. Do you know this wasn’t the case?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:


Yes, but as was pointed out earlier, if that person (or travelling companion) was 70 or over, they could have cancelled mid-March. Do you know this wasn’t the case?

They got the refund because the cruise was cancelled. Nothing to do with age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Selbourne said:


Oh, OK. Everything’s fine then 🤔

I didn't say everything was ok. Still awaiting our refund, but quoting a sample of less than 200 when tens of thousands of cruise cabins has been affected, is hardly either helpful or representive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burgmeister said:

Thanks for the advice No pager. Is there a time limit for applying for s75?

 

BTW, I knew who you meant by ML - I watched his show this evening.

 

Josy, it wasn't the eskimos it was the company that's name pretty much sums up what they sell

 

On the link posted a few posts ago, you can use a free link on there to claim back onto cards. Scroll down to how do I get my money back.

 

Here is the link again. It gives some good advice.

 

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/po-cruises-tells-passengers-owed-thousands-to-wait-three-months-for-cancelled-cruise-refunds/

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I saw that on Google news. It's a interesting piece by Which. I couldn't find a way to copy to the forum but you can find it on Which News if anyone's interested. It also mentioned 90 day refunds as well?? I really hope not.

Avril 

 

Avril to copy a link, when you have the page/article open to go the bar at the top of the page where it has the name.

If using touch screen just press and hold for a second.

The address should turn blue and a bar should come up above.

Press on copy.

Then come on here and in your reply box to go the point you want to add the link.

Press again for a second or so.

A box saying paste should come up touch that and you should have your link. 

 

Let me know if you want instructions for using a mouse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staygulf said:

Thanks. Now I can withdraw my legal action, cancel my s 75 claim and not have to summon Paul  Ludlow  to court ( as I tweeted him today!)

Excellent, trust you will be happy to release Britannia as collateral to me too - don't get me wrong Carnival House is in a great location on Harbour Parade, but there is a lot of deadwood inside the Exec offices it seems😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Excellent, trust you will be happy to release Britannia as collateral to me too - don't get me wrong Carnival House is in a great location on Harbour Parade, but there is a lot of deadwood inside the Exec offices it seems😅

Britannia is all yours. Never sailed on her anyway, looks too modern for me. I had my eyes on Iona though. I could have been captain 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pleased and grateful that I got my refund. But just to prove how non- communicative they really are I’ve just checked the transaction which hit my credit card today (14th) and it says the transaction was carried out  on 12th May. According to Paul Ludlow’s statement they will be contacting everyone who has claimed a refund, whatever that means. 
 

How difficult would it have been, when processing the refund, to send out a one line email saying “we have processed your refund today”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, staygulf said:

I’m pleased and grateful that I got my refund. But just to prove how non- communicative they really are I’ve just checked the transaction which hit my credit card today (14th) and it says the transaction was carried out  on 12th May. According to Paul Ludlow’s statement they will be contacting everyone who has claimed a refund, whatever that means. 
 

How difficult would it have been, when processing the refund, to send out a one line email saying “we have processed your refund today”?

That would probably require a simple modification to the IT transaction that is used to do refunds but as we all know P&O's IT is very poor so doing something like that would risk even more problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

That would probably require a simple modification to the IT transaction that is used to do refunds but as we all know P&O's IT is very poor so doing something like that would risk even more problems.

According to PL they have put in new technology to aid the refund process so they obviously messed that up as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to report that my refund is now complete too!  Turns out the beardy one didn't get my balance to fund Necker Island after all it is now showing on my Virgin credit card, and like yesterday's BA refund, it also shows the transaction having taken place on 12th May - just like the lady said when I made my (only) phone call on 13th.

 

Just for the record:

 

Cruise was Ventura Canaries on 4th April

Claimed refund on 16th March - screen showed refund 'within 45 days'

At 45 days wrote (snail mail) to Paul Ludlow reminding him of this - unsurprisingly, no response whatsoever

Deposit refund shown on BA credit card 14th May

Balance refund shown on Virgin credit card 15th May

 

I'll not blow the old vuvuzela just yet until the refunds become a steady stream rather than a trickle.  It has been a very frustrating wait all round, and it could have been eased, for me at least, by an apologetic explanation much earlier - many of us here (but not all, I know) would have accepted their difficulties and could afford to wait, after all we are probably talking of 1% pa interest on that money in our banks.  It was the uncertainty and the lack of good communication - nowhere have I ever been personally told 60 days. Instead, you are left with the feeling that those in charge could not run the proverbial! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, staygulf said:

Success. Refund received today!

Congratulations.. 

I'm really pleased for you but I can't say I'm not a little disappointed as I would have liked to see how your actions would have progressed... 

But I'm glad you got your money.. 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Happy to report that my refund is now complete too!  Turns out the beardy one didn't get my balance to fund Necker Island after all it is now showing on my Virgin credit card, and like yesterday's BA refund, it also shows the transaction having taken place on 12th May - just like the lady said when I made my (only) phone call on 13th.

 

Just for the record:

 

Cruise was Ventura Canaries on 4th April

Claimed refund on 16th March - screen showed refund 'within 45 days'

At 45 days wrote (snail mail) to Paul Ludlow reminding him of this - unsurprisingly, no response whatsoever

Deposit refund shown on BA credit card 14th May

Balance refund shown on Virgin credit card 15th May

 

I'll not blow the old vuvuzela just yet until the refunds become a steady stream rather than a trickle.  It has been a very frustrating wait all round, and it could have been eased, for me at least, by an apologetic explanation much earlier - many of us here (but not all, I know) would have accepted their difficulties and could afford to wait, after all we are probably talking of 1% pa interest on that money in our banks.  It was the uncertainty and the lack of good communication - nowhere have I ever been personally told 60 days. Instead, you are left with the feeling that those in charge could not run the proverbial! 

 

Excellent, really pleased for you. 

We could all do with that 'one less worry'... 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pleased that they seem to be starting to release the refunds.  My friend just rang me she said that P&O told her yesterday that they would escalate her refund request because of her circumstances but it would take up to 7 days to process her refund, she looked at her bank account this morning and it was there so one less thing for her to worry about.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

Just for the record:

 

Cruise was Ventura Canaries on 4th April

Claimed refund on 16th March - screen showed refund 'within 45 days'

At 45 days wrote (snail mail) to Paul Ludlow reminding him of this - unsurprisingly, no response whatsoever

Deposit refund shown on BA credit card 14th May

Balance refund shown on Virgin credit card 15th May

 


was due on same cruise. 
applied for refund and got the same 45 days screen. 
called after 5 days to say I haven’t had any confirmation of cancelling 

we did get an email the week after saying that the cancellation charges were the same as the amount- told this was an incorrect email sent by system 

called at 45 days to be told 60 days and sort out my credit from last year to be moved to another cruise. 
I also have a virgin credit card that I paid on and I do not have a refund yet. 
I will be calling them today I think 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also applied online for a refund on the 16th March and I screenshot the ‘45 day’ response. I then received a cancellation invoice on the 25th March and since then nothing....

perhaps those who are ‘kicking up’ are getting their refunds quicker? I’d be absolutely livid if I needed the money straightaway 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:


was due on same cruise. 
applied for refund and got the same 45 days screen. 
called after 5 days to say I haven’t had any confirmation of cancelling 

we did get an email the week after saying that the cancellation charges were the same as the amount- told this was an incorrect email sent by system 

called at 45 days to be told 60 days and sort out my credit from last year to be moved to another cruise. 
I also have a virgin credit card that I paid on and I do not have a refund yet. 
I will be calling them today I think 

 

You were in my mind when I wrote my piece about many of us waiting for refunds - not so easy when you are younger with uncertainty about future employment.

 

I think you will have been a few days behind me in claiming though (I cancelled by being 70!) so you never know, yours could be in the system right now.  Fingers crossed for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, devonuk said:

I also applied online for a refund on the 16th March and I screenshot the ‘45 day’ response. I then received a cancellation invoice on the 25th March and since then nothing....

perhaps those who are ‘kicking up’ are getting their refunds quicker? I’d be absolutely livid if I needed the money straightaway 😞

 

I don't know if you meant me, but I don't think that writing in at 45 days, reminding of what they said, would count as 'kicking up'. I was very polite if direct 😉.  I only didn't bother ringing because it was obvious from the many different things people were being told that it was likely a pointless exercise.  I have no illusions that Paul Ludlow would not see my letter, and in fact, have no way of knowing that it isn't still sitting in a pile somewhere!

 

I think it's particularly hard on the younger ones on here.  But then again, there's been at least one person reported as wanting her refund to help her family who had been furloughed.  

 

Really hope you get your refund very soon.-

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

Our refund for R006 11 April has been paid, money went into bank overnight.

Congratulations.

No sign of ours.Day 64.

For our cancelled RC cruise in June we emailed the Spanish hotel on Tuesday night we had 2 nights pre cruise stay booked.

Even though it was non refundable they emailed straight back saying they would refund our €370 and good to their word the Refund is on our cc this morning.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...