CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 hours ago, cruiselover04 said:

Congratulations to all that have received your refund. 
Thank you to all for all the information on contacting P&O. I have chosen to email as living in Canada has it challenges with the time difference for making a phone call. 

I am still waiting for my refund which I asked for on March 18th for a sailing leaving Malta on April 2nd. Getting very annoyed by all the promotional emails I’m getting trying to entice me to sail with P&O. This was to be our first cruise with P&O and at the moment have no intentions of sailing with them in the future. 
After reading posts from a few people that they asked for a refund after I did and sailing date was after mine I have decided to send yet another email. 
I had emailed Helen Lamb with no reply. Emailed Sarah Wing and just got a generic email from Paul Ludlow that I think several of you have also received. Well today is day 63 so I have emailed Sarah again and asked for my claim to be escalated. Keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll hear back with a positive outcome. 

I will let you know if I hear. 

Jenni 

Very best wishes.

I found Sarah very good and we had 12 emails in total between us before I got my refund in 7 days from first contact so persevere because as a team leader she gets your refund and does reply to your emails.

Graham

Fore my cancelled 22nd March sailing I have received this email:

We sincerely apologise for the delay and we are contacting everyone who submitted a refund request form. You will receive an email from us to confirm that your refund has been processed. In the past few weeks, we have been able to put new technology and systems and also additional resource in place which will result in more refunds being processed more quickly and we hope this will improve the situation daily. As you have paid through a travel agent we will refund the lead passenger directly via cheque. Please allow an additional 5-10 days to allow for postage.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you... 😊

Day 456 in the Big Brother house... 

Well that's what it feels like. 

At least I have something else to worry about instead of that cold that is going around.. 😊😊

Andy 

Andy I will be over the moon for you and Michelle when you finally get your refund.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

Fore my cancelled 22nd March sailing I have received this email:

We sincerely apologise for the delay and we are contacting everyone who submitted a refund request form. You will receive an email from us to confirm that your refund has been processed. In the past few weeks, we have been able to put new technology and systems and also additional resource in place which will result in more refunds being processed more quickly and we hope this will improve the situation daily. As you have paid through a travel agent we will refund the lead passenger directly via cheque. Please allow an additional 5-10 days to allow for postage.  

When did you get that Nick? 

It looks like a generic one sent a while ago? 

More nonsense... 

Andy 

17 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Hi All,

just received my refund! Cancelled on the 30th March . Cruise date should have been  April 20th. I haven’t chased them at all so not sure it makes much difference if you do. 
Hope everyone else gets theirs soon. 

Delighted for you.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Ring tomorrow and ask to be escalated.

Sarah the team leader whose email Jean and I have posted is the person who has the authority to get the refunds done.

My wife rang them the other day, she is lead passenger to see when we were due to get refund, as it should have been 45 calendar days and it had gone past that date. Was told it was now 60 days and that we would get our refund by May 28th, so we are waiting to see if that actually happens. 

The lack of communication and failure to reply to messages sent will affect our decision whether to use P&O in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted for you.

Thanks , Would have preferred my 2 weeks in the Canaries 🙂 Funny how just getting back what your owed feels like a win. Just to add a bit more info, I had booked direct with P&O and never received any emails to let me know the refund was on its way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you... 😊

Day 456 in the Big Brother house... 

Well that's what it feels like. 

At least I have something else to worry about instead of that cold that is going around.. 😊😊

Andy 

I’m still optimistic that you will get yours this week Andy. Keeping everything crossed for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife rang them the other day, she is lead passenger to see when we were due to get refund, as it should have been 45 calendar days and it had gone past that date. Was told it was now 60 days and that we would get our refund by May 28th, so we are waiting to see if that actually happens. 

The lack of communication and failure to reply to messages sent will affect our decision whether to use P&O in the future. 

Pauline was lead passenger on ours because she booked it with a TA as surprise but it is me who has had all the contact with P&O.

Good luck as they are starting to refund people now.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Your post comes across very smug to me. Quoting one of two reasons. That's rubbish, you got lucky.

Read all the posts , dates of cancellation and cruise, then date of refund. They are all over the place, which is why most are so unhappy. If they were working through the refunds in cancellation date order it would be fair and customers would understand.

I have followed (and contributed to) this thread from the start, sharing all the frustration. I don’t mean to be smug, far from it, just as I am sure that you don’t mean to come across as rude as you sound. P&O are now telling multiple posters that there is an ‘escalation’ process, so there is one and this thread is clear evidence of that, although (as I have said several times) it’s not watertight as some who have chased have not been escalated whereas a few haven’t chased at all and received refunds. With the rate that the refunds are now (eventually) coming, I suspect (and hope) that all those who have been waiting will get their money very soon (regardless of whether or not they have chased). I do, however, completely agree with you that they should be working through all the refunds in date of cruise order. Had they done that from the start, and communicated it, then we would have all known where we were, it would have been a lot stressful, they wouldn’t have had so much adverse PR, had to deal with so many people chasing them and no need for an escalation process. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, funinhounslow said:

If she’s that good why did it take so many emails to sort your issue?

Some clarification of amounts and reminders and asking for updates from me plus she was communicating each step unlike everyone else who fobbed us off.

Still waiting for Emails from 3 TA agents,Paul Ludlow and 2 other P&O staff.

So far on here Sarah has got 3 of us Refunds this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst it’s great to see that so many people are (finally) getting their refunds for their cruises, I think I have only read of a few people getting refunds for their pre cruise bookings (select dining etc). Is there a steady flow of these yet or has it yet to start in earnest? They are obviously not refunded at the same time as the cruise to which they relate so are likely to all exceed the 60 days unless I am mistaken? 

1 hour ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Let's hope with all these people giving bank details, together with all the sensitive information on individuals they already hold, they never get hacked!

There is not much danger in giving sort code and account no.  That's all they need.

• Like 3

Selbourbne     Let's draw a line under our difference of opinion.

I will feel better when my cruise in late March is refunded and I stop reading posters being paid for cancellations in April. Good luck to them  but  nobody is going to convince me it is because you quote this site or speak to the right person that you get an early payment. P&O are a shambles, lack of leadership and organisation in an emergency.

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I will feel better when my cruise in late March is refunded and I stop reading posters being paid for cancellations in April. Good luck to them  but  nobody is going to convince me it is because you quote this site or speak to the right person that you get an early payment. P&O are a shambles, lack of leadership and organisation in an emergency.

When did you actually cancel?  My cruise was 26th April, but I cancelled before all this happened on 12th March.  So 69 days.

21 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You and me both. Is this a cue for a Diana Ross song. I'm still waiting. Even lost count of the number of days now since 15th March cancellation for cruise 20th March. Obviously pleased for those who have been refunded but when it comes to April and even May cruises receiving first it is a tad upsetting. Just checked credit card and like Andy zilch. If not tomorrow with the bank holiday on Monday it will be Tuesday for the next card  log on excitement. Sorry disappointment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was lead passenger on ours because she booked it with a TA as surprise but it is me who has had all the contact with P&O.

Good luck as they are starting to refund people now.

We book direct after bad experiences with TAs, both for cruises and other holidays. 

Hopefully we will get refund on or before 28 May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

You wanna see smug... Wait til mine arrives!!! 😊😊

Only kidding of course, but I know no smugness was intended from Selborne, just stating why he thought he may have been refunded before us.. 

There is no rhyme or reason, Jean and Graham chased constantly and still waited about 70 days I believe. 

Others didn't and got theirs sooner. 

As you say, shambles.. 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You wanna see smug... Wait til mine arrives!!! 😊😊

Only kidding of course, but I know no smugness was intended from Selborne, just stating why he thought he may have been refunded before us.. 

There is no rhyme or reason, Jean and Graham chased constantly and still waited about 70 days I believe. 

Others didn't and got theirs sooner. 

As you say, shambles.. 

Andy 

Andy

Shambles!

I do not think it is as good as that!

Be as smug as you like when you receive it,

Maybe a letter to his nibs, offering it back as a commercial loan might do it!

• Like 1