BA balcony set up for 4- Crown

profjen

Hello! We are scheduled to be on the Crown Princess (hopefully) in mid July. I just logged into my account and saw we’ve been upgraded from our interior cabin to a BA balcony room on Aloha deck. There are 4 of us and I can’t see a set up anywhere online showing the way you’d sleep 4 in a BA cabin. Anyone have any photos or experience with this? The plus 2 are our kids (10 and 7). Thanks! 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Two beds, two bunks from overhead. Same as the inside.

Thanks For the response! Since you’re missing a wall in place of the glass door I couldn’t see how you could have two fold downs.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

4 in a balcony or inside is going to be very crowded unless 2 of them are small children

Our kids are too young to have their own room, so we’re good. If you have any insight on my original question, please feel free to share. 🙂

• Like 1

I can't find a picture right now but I hope you get upgraded to a mini suite.

Imagine 2 twin beds below with 2 bunks above them. It won't be any worse than being in an inside cabin.

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

I can't find a picture right now but I hope you get upgraded to a mini suite.

Imagine 2 twin beds below with 2 bunks above them. It won't be any worse than being in an inside cabin.

Thank you! Honestly I highly doubt this cruise will even happen and that if it does, we will be on it (one of my kids is asthmatic so we can’t risk it). So bummed considering we were upgraded! 

Folks often advise against 4 people in one room. We have done it on every cruise and never have a problem.  My boys are 15 and 17 now.  Usually it’s 2 beds coming down from the ceiling - whether it’s an interiotpr, OV or balcony.  But once on the Crown it was only one bed from the ceiling and the other was a cot they brought in.  They put it in the space in front of the balcony doors.  It was the most awkward configuration we ever had.  But it was still great 

10 hours ago, profjen said:

Hello! We are scheduled to be on the Crown Princess (hopefully) in mid July. I just logged into my account and saw we’ve been upgraded from our interior cabin to a BA balcony room on Aloha deck. There are 4 of us and I can’t see a set up anywhere online showing the way you’d sleep 4 in a BA cabin. Anyone have any photos or experience with this? The plus 2 are our kids (10 and 7). Thanks! 

That’s awesome!! You will absolutely love having a balcony!! I don’t have photos but the cabins will be similar, bunks, That hopefully go into the ceiling during the day, mom and dad will have to sleep on a twin but we did this for years when our kids were little and it was an affordable way to cruise! It’s cramped but having the balcony and fresh air will be amazing!! We even cruised 4 to a cabin when the bunks stuck out from the side wall and that worked too, while slightly uncomfortable for my 6’1” husband and a tall teen.
We never once had an upgrade when we had 4 in a cabin, but I’m excited for you and hope your cruise does happen so that you can enjoy the extra space! 
We cruised 4 to an inside cabin until 2.5 years ago (?). Now we book one balcony and an inside across the way , one adult each cabin but get keys for all the cabins for everyone.

I’d do 4 again if it meant more family cruises!! 

Both kids started cruising at 5 years old and are 16 and 12 now

Edited by jennybenny

From what I see if you have cabins A430/31/32/33 then you will have the lower beds in the twin positions. The upper berths are stored in the ceiling during the day, not protruding from the walls, and are lowed in the evening one over each twin bed. Twin beds are separated by a nightstand. If you don't have one of these cabins ask to be assigned one, or alternately the same category on deck 11 cabins B428/29/30/31.

The other 4 passenger cabins have one overhead bunk, the one on the left in the photo, and the forth person has a roll-away in the open space where the chair is located. The chair will not be there. The roll-away is a storage issue during the day, either stored in the closet area or in the cabin against the balcony window where the chair is.

Sample of the cabins mentioned. 

CB_2017_0107_MK_Balcony_Stateroom_0060_T

Edited by skynight

Tanyaewa and jennybenny, thanks for sharing! I look forward to the day we can have two rooms but kids are too young for it now. So we’ll slog on with 4 until then bc we don’t want to forgo cruising that long! 🙂

8 minutes ago, skynight said:

From what I see if you have cabins A430/31/32/33 then you will have the lower beds in the twin positions. The upper berths are stored in the ceiling during the day, not protruding from the walls, and are lowed in the evening one over each twin bed. Twin beds are separated by a nightstand. If you don't have one of these cabins ask to be assigned one, or alternately the same category on deck 11 cabins B428/29/30/31.

The other 4 passenger cabins have one overhead bunk, the one on the left in the photo, and the forth person has a roll-away in the open space where the chair is located. The chair will not be there. The roll-away is a storage issue during the day, either stored in the closet area or in the cabin against the balcony window where the chair is.

Sample of the cabins mentioned. 

CB_2017_0107_MK_Balcony_Stateroom_0060_T

We have been assigned one of those cabins, so that answers my question exactly. Thank you for the picture! 

Make sure you are not assigned to the cabin equivalent of B254 on Aloha deck (so I'm guessing cabin A254, if it is the same type). It is technically a quad cabin and is a BA, mid forward port side. We were in that cabin on the Crown this past summer and it had rushing water drainage noise in the wall pretty much all of the time. Very annoying. It was also one of the cabin types mentioned above with only one bunk bed and the fourth person would have had a rollaway bed by the balcony. Luckily we were only two in there (it was an upgrade, but not worth it to us with the water noise, which of course we didn't know about until we were in there). I'm guessing yours will be the type with the rollaway bed for the fourth person since it is on Aloha deck. But as you said, mid-July cruises might not be happening anyway. 

Edited by rocklinmom