Updated Airline Schedules

SailAway78

Thought it might be helpful to begin a thread to post airline schedule information to coordinate with future Celebrity cruise schedules. Of course, airlines will continue to update as needed.

Here’s the latest from American Airlines:

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/American-Airlines-Announces-Summer-Schedule-Changes-to-Match-Reduced-Customer-Demand-Related-to-COVID-19-OPS-DIS-04/default.aspx?utm_source=040720_external&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Around_American

22 minutes ago, SailAway78 said:

Thought it might be helpful to begin a thread to post airline schedule information to coordinate with future Celebrity cruise schedules. Of course, airlines will continue to update as needed.

Here’s the latest from American Airlines:

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2020/American-Airlines-Announces-Summer-Schedule-Changes-to-Match-Reduced-Customer-Demand-Related-to-COVID-19-OPS-DIS-04/default.aspx?utm_source=040720_external&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Around_American

sailaway - do you seriously think that the reduced airline schedules set up for COVID restrictions would be in place if cruising resumed?

How do you have cruises with borders and ports closed?

Unless things change a Canadian cannot come to the United States for tourism or vice versa.

Do you think all the ports and borders will open by this summer - June thru August?

The airlines have scheduled with the current stay home orders remaining in place.

Everyone is trying hard to conserve cash.  The airlines, the cruise lines the hotels, tour operators so we all have to push them for real refunds if that is what we want.  I currently have flights on AA to Italy for the fall and those TALT flights are now canceled until well after my travel dates.  I tried to cancel online but was only offered ETCs in return so I guess I am going to have to call and ask......

OP, thanks for the update.  Good Info.

1 hour ago, az_tchr said:

sailaway - do you seriously think that the reduced airline schedules set up for COVID restrictions would be in place if cruising resumed?

How do you have cruises with borders and ports closed?

Unless things change a Canadian cannot come to the United States for tourism or vice versa.

Do you think all the ports and borders will open by this summer - June thru August?

The airlines have scheduled with the current stay home orders remaining in place.

“Please don’t shoot the messenger”.  I was just sending the information.

1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

Everyone is trying hard to conserve cash.  The airlines, the cruise lines the hotels, tour operators so we all have to push them for real refunds if that is what we want.  I currently have flights on AA to Italy for the fall and those TALT flights are now canceled until well after my travel dates.  I tried to cancel online but was only offered ETCs in return so I guess I am going to have to call and ask......

OP, thanks for the update.  Good Info.

I recently requested a refund from AA. I was on hold for about 6 minutes and the actual call took about 90 seconds. I just told them I wanted a refund for a canceled flight. The rep said the refund will go to the card used for initial payment. Still waiting on the credit but The call was on Sunday 

41 minutes ago, sdudek105 said:

I recently requested a refund from AA. I was on hold for about 6 minutes and the actual call took about 90 seconds. I just told them I wanted a refund for a canceled flight. The rep said the refund will go to the card used for initial payment. Still waiting on the credit but The call was on Sunday 

Thanks,  That is good to know. Our trip is not scheduled until the fall but it starts in Rome and ends in Venice and currently our reservations show Las to ORD and PHL to LAS..... I will make that call tomorrow and see what they say. If they keep ushing the ETC I will  decline for now and try again another day.  Lot of lead time on this one.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Thanks,  That is good to know. Our trip is not scheduled until the fall but it starts in Rome and ends in Venice and currently our reservations show Las to ORD and PHL to LAS..... I will make that call tomorrow and see what they say. If they keep ushing the ETC I will  decline for now and try again another day.  Lot of lead time on this one.

If you are from the USA the rule for cancelling with a refund is a change in either departure or arrival - intermediate stops do not count - of at least 60 minutes.  If they rebook you on another airline at same times - no refund.

To the OP.  Long ago had a job where I traveled 5 days a week!  Airline schedules even in normal times are only good 3-6 months out.  My comment only that a summer schedule might assist with cruise scheduling.  Cannot imagine anyone would book a summer cruise unless totally refundable with air the same.

36 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

If you are from the USA the rule for cancelling with a refund is a change in either departure or arrival - intermediate stops do not count - of at least 60 minutes.  If they rebook you on another airline at same times - no refund.

To the OP.  Long ago had a job where I traveled 5 days a week!  Airline schedules even in normal times are only good 3-6 months out.  My comment only that a summer schedule might assist with cruise scheduling.  Cannot imagine anyone would book a summer cruise unless totally refundable with air the same.

Right now they don't have us booked on any other flight either way.  I cannot imagine them coming up with some partner connection that would get us them within 60 minutes.   UA used to need 2 hours, they have now moved that to 6 hours.  It will take phone call and I will see what they say.  Good "project" for  tomorrow.   I cannot imagine flying 5 days a week. 2 was more than enough for me back in the day.

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

It's funny that you should mention this.  I just got e-mails from Southwest about a flight schedule change.

I just got the same email about our flight to Fort Lauderdale.  We are waiting for our cruise to be cancelled on Equinox the first week of June.  We kept our flight as stands and will go see family in Fort Myers for our vacation if we can.   

Thank you very much for posting. I think buying a ticket you need is as much harder as booking a desired cruise. I have been surfing the internet and the airline websites.. the prices either are super high or there are no additional ways to get wherever you want by place. They railway connections are also getting limited right now. Government wants everyone to stay where they are at the moment. Hope it wont last for too long 

American cancel our flight to Alaska  in August and reschedule it twice, As of right now we have a lot better times, We get to Fairbanks at 4 in the afternoon instead of midnight. That  was done at no additional coast, This flight was originally $300

more PP.

Called American today, got a call back in less than 10 minutes, 3 minute phone call generated cancellation emails for both of us and from those emails I was able to to go in and request refunds based on "involuntary cancellation"  on aa.com.   Whole process took about 20 minutes .   I am impressed. No hassles at all.

Good to hear the process to receive refunds for the canceled flights was a positive experience, Mr. Click. 

This article details that both the EU and US have now upheld airlines obligations to refund passengers for cancelled flights, rather than a voucher for future travel unless desired:

https://apple.news/AfFxjZ5kySHiWhy-tUNxHmA

On 4/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, az_tchr said:

I don't think that's true.  Where did you see the at least 60 minutes part?  When I researched it last week it said something like significant change, which was not defined.  Unfortunately that leaves it to the airlines to decide what is significant.  Our flight from April was changed from a non-stop to a one-stop.  We called and were able to get a refund rather than future credit as they changed the flight number so we could claim that technically they cancelled our flight.

Edited by phoenix_dream