Interesting Article on Alaska Airline Milk Runs

donaldsc

That's cool. I was bummed to see the 737-400 combis have been retired - I was on a combi once (back when it was a -200) from Anchorage to Fairbanks to Barrow (now Utqiagvik, the northernmost town in Alaska). Staying on board and watching from my seat as they unloaded the pallets and reconfigured the bulkhead was about the most uniquely Alaska flying experience you could still have as a passenger.

I'd love to try this out! I've been on the water version, the Alaska state ferry, on the run from Prince Rupert BC to Juneau. Fell in love with the PNW back then, wish it hadn't taken so long to make the move here.

Add it to the list of things to do once travel opens back up.

5 hours ago, coastcat said:

I'd love to try this out! I've been on the water version, the Alaska state ferry, on the run from Prince Rupert BC to Juneau. Fell in love with the PNW back then, wish it hadn't taken so long to make the move here.

Add it to the list of things to do once travel opens back up.

We did the Marine Highway from I believe Haines to Prince Rupert.  It is a great way to see AK.  None of the ridiculous stuff that the cruise ships have to distract from why you are there.  Just pure Alaska with mostly real Alaskans.

DON

35 years a frequent flier on AS65 north and AS64 south out of PSG. Rare that you couldn't nod recognition to someone at SEATAC at oh six thirty for the northbound. You could always tell it was april as the camo covered bear hunters smelling of beer sitting next to the straight out of the LL Bean catalog steelheaders smelling of G&T.

told my mom in '81, " i'm only gone on a 2 year contract" can't seem to find the contract .....

• Like 1