Jump to content

Free at Sea Dinning Package Perk Change


shof515
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, vince_g said:

So what does that have to do with the change to the number of nights, o hater of NCL?

Let me help you out.  Reducing the number of 'free' specialty meals will then free up more reservations for suckers paying the menu charge.  Most people see the menu prices as beyond ridiculous considering the food and service you receive.  Therefore, more 'paying' people into the restaurants isn't going to happen.  NCL's attempt to gain another nickel and dime won't be very successful here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Let me help you out.  Reducing the number of 'free' specialty meals will then free up more reservations for suckers paying the menu charge.  Most people see the menu prices as beyond ridiculous considering the food and service you receive.  Therefore, more 'paying' people into the restaurants isn't going to happen.  NCL's attempt to gain another nickel and dime won't be very successful here.

But your posts are not helpful to anyone.  Do you know how tiresome your "for your convenience" and "nickel and diming" posts are?  Why don't you find a cruise line that suits your needs, and stop making stupid irrelevant posts on this board?

 

I believe everyone on this board feels that the specialty menu prices are ludicrous, and wouldn't pay them.  Who knows what NCL's intention was to reduce the number of meals?  The specialty restaurant food is okay in my opinion.  Certainly better than MDR.

Edited by vince_g
  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2020 at 12:34 PM, Love my butler said:

Like anyone would actually pay those ridiculous menu prices in the restaurants.  Overpriced Arby's at best.

Specialty meals are much better than any fast food options. The menu prices are set to encourage buying a package.

 

I think this is a reasonable reduction. The shore excursion credit used to be $75, so not new behavior or unfair in my view. NCL is trying to grandfather in cruise reservations. I might consider a 2021 booking now.

 

Some upsides: gratuity cost will be less and getting a reservation may be easier now.

Edited by Nola26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 9876 said:

I wish you could just go ahead and add to the number of nights with the Free at Sea perk versus having to buy another package to add on meals.

 

 

yup, same here.

but i guess it goes back to space issues.

im guessing alot of people would add on if that was allowed. ($15 or $10 each additional meal + 20% tip.)

 

but not many would buy a new package since the financial costs is much steeper.

3sdp is $99 ($33 each) + 20% tip!

 

i might make sense for the longer 15+ day cruises.

the best bang for the buck is 6sdp @ $139 ($23/each) + 20% tip.

5 sdp free + 6 sdp bought + 2 Platinum vouchers = 13meals.

 

and it might even be 15 meals if you pair up Platinum vouchers with another Platinum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dayana said:

I have heard that they are re-naming their mini-suites to "club-suites"  what exactly will that mean in terms of pricing/amenities and perks?

i got a bad feeling people are going to be even more confused between club suites, suites, and haven.

at least with the mini-suite designation, people get the gist it's a lesser room than a regular suite/haven.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2020 at 6:18 AM, backsbanny said:

I have checked prices for 2021 and they are insanely high.I have already booked 2 celebrity cruise which came way lower including beverage package free internet and obc.I can not believe that celebrity is cheaper because they actually have a better product than NCL especially in regards to dining.Even checking prices for this year october, i booked symphony of the seas balcony which was way lower than an inside on the Joyemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

 

You have voiced what I always find when cruise searching and comparing costs and I scratch my head because so many others identify NCL as being cheaper.  Over recent years I have continually done cruise searches on NCL thinking maybe it was one off high price but nope, it starts out not so bad but when you move through to the end and select a stateroom instead of the 'guarantee' option, and select 'free' perks it ends up confusingly high to me.  I was sailing them (again) because I got a 'myVegas' free cruise offer (to sail March 15) and even the 'free' cruise cost me $900 US out of pocket for the fees and taxes and another $210 to cover daily service charges. I realize these lines are different products so not comparing that at all, just bare bone numbers.

 

Sadly, if costs go even higher, I expect my FCC will sit in my account and expire.  If I do use them and perks get sliced down I will remove them to not pay extra for them, the dining room and buffet is just fine to me.  I wonder if the free drink package is being reworked right now too.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Really?  Is this the time to do this?  Shouldn't they be trying to attract passengers?

 

- NCL is the last to cancel cruises they know are not happening.

- NCL is still booking cruises to Alaska for May even though they know they are not possible. Carnival and Royal are not booking Alaska cruises until July sail dates

- NCL changes the PIF dates for July cruises to 90 days and then changes it back to 120 days and never informs their customers

- NCL takes months to refund their customers money

-NCL has offered customers 125% fcc but raised their cruise fares by 150%

-NCL takes away perks at a time they should be attracting customers.

 

Who the hell runs this company?  Are they trying to bankrupt it?  I haven't cruised with NCL since 2004, I was looking forward to try them again but after all this, I will never cruise with them.  They left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Too many other options out there

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

  Really?  Is this the time to do this?  Shouldn't they be trying to attract passengers?

 

- NCL is the last to cancel cruises they know are not happening.

- NCL is still booking cruises to Alaska for May even though they know they are not possible. Carnival and Royal are not booking Alaska cruises until July sail dates

- NCL changes the PIF dates for July cruises to 90 days and then changes it back to 120 days and never informs their customers

- NCL takes months to refund their customers money

-NCL has offered customers 125% fcc but raised their cruise fares by 150%

-NCL takes away perks at a time they should be attracting customers.

 

Who the hell runs this company?  Are they trying to bankrupt it?  I haven't cruised with NCL since 2004, I was looking forward to try them again but after all this, I will never cruise with them.  They left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Too many other options out there

and from what i noticed, NCL is also the only cruise line that does yearly price increases for the daily service charge whereas other cruise lines do it like every other year or so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, backsbanny said:

I have checked prices for 2021 and they are insanely high.I have already booked 2 celebrity cruise which came way lower including beverage package free internet and obc.I can not believe that celebrity is cheaper because they actually have a better product than NCL especially in regards to dining.Even checking prices for this year october, i booked symphony of the seas balcony which was way lower than an inside on the Joyemoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And we are off to HAL who are insanely cheaper and have the best of NCL working for them. One last NCL cruise as Ambassador level and then . Really sorry because we love the NCL product but its no longer a sensible price .NCL are in self destruct mode and I forsee FDG merging the NCLH brands  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

  Really?  Is this the time to do this?  Shouldn't they be trying to attract passengers?

 

- NCL is the last to cancel cruises they know are not happening.

- NCL is still booking cruises to Alaska for May even though they know they are not possible. Carnival and Royal are not booking Alaska cruises until July sail dates

- NCL changes the PIF dates for July cruises to 90 days and then changes it back to 120 days and never informs their customers

- NCL takes months to refund their customers money

-NCL has offered customers 125% fcc but raised their cruise fares by 150%

-NCL takes away perks at a time they should be attracting customers.

 

Who the hell runs this company?  Are they trying to bankrupt it?  I haven't cruised with NCL since 2004, I was looking forward to try them again but after all this, I will never cruise with them.  They left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Too many other options out there

Sadly some have missed this point that 150% increase on a 125% FCC is not a great deal. Bye Bye NCL. An there will lnot e any cruises in May from florida. Just spoke with friends in FL and they have been told that no port authority will allow cruise ships in until the earliest late June this year. so 

 

 

Edited by Mrdodgy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

  Really?  Is this the time to do this?  Shouldn't they be trying to attract passengers?

 

- NCL is the last to cancel cruises they know are not happening.

- NCL is still booking cruises to Alaska for May even though they know they are not possible. Carnival and Royal are not booking Alaska cruises until July sail dates

- NCL changes the PIF dates for July cruises to 90 days and then changes it back to 120 days and never informs their customers

- NCL takes months to refund their customers money

-NCL has offered customers 125% fcc but raised their cruise fares by 150%

-NCL takes away perks at a time they should be attracting customers.

 

Who the hell runs this company?  Are they trying to bankrupt it?  I haven't cruised with NCL since 2004, I was looking forward to try them again but after all this, I will never cruise with them.  They left a very bad taste in my mouth.  Too many other options out there

It's necessary cut backs and cost savings.     They will be bankrupt if revenue isn't more than costs.   They can't give anything more away,  in my opinion.     Lots of choices as  you mention.   Being you will never sail NCL,  you can save some time and move on from this board.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

It's necessary cut backs and cost savings.     They will be bankrupt if revenue isn't more than costs.   They can't give anything more away,  in my opinion.     Lots of choices as  you mention.   Being you will never sail NCL,  you can save some time and move on from this board.    

Don't you worry your pretty little head about me saving some time, I will stay on this board or any other board as long as I want. 

Other cruise lines are afraid of going bankrupt and they have morals and a care for their customers.  They're  not trying to sell them goods they know they can't make good on.  If that's the kind of company you want to deal with, so be it. Not me.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

what i dont get is why cant an adult choose soda pakg as a perk instead of cocktail drinks package?

 

IMO, it's because too many people "share" their drink package with those who do not have one. It's also (probably) the reason why when one adult in the stateroom takes the current PBP promo, all adults in the same stateroom also have to take the PBP promo (and pay the promo service charge).

 

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

what if u dont drink or you are a alcaholic?

 

The option is to skip the promo and use the money saved (by not paying the promo service charge) to pay a la carte for non-alcoholic drinks or use the money saved to buy a soda program/package.

 

The downside of skipping the promo is the inflated cost of the cruise which would would be "paying" for a drinks package even if the promo service charge is avoided.

 

Another option is Sailaway which avoids the promos, their services charges, etc. but you do not get to select your stateroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...