Carnival was sailing yesterday in Tampa

rostbp

Anyone else see Carnival leaving Tampa last evening?  I couldn’t see the name of which ship it was.  I seen it going under the Skyway Bridge.  Curious where it was going.

Edited by rostbp
Spelling

The Legend was in port for several days and as shof515 said, getting supplies. The various ships have been in and out of PC, FLL and Miami doing the same thing, then they either drift or anchor off shore. Go to MarineTraffic.com and you can see where the ships are.

This is my current view - there are three Disney ships (Dream, Fantasy, Magic) and four Carnival ships (Liberty, Elation, Magic and Breeze) anchored off our coast right now.  There are no cruise ships docked right now although all of these ships have been docked at Port Canaveral at some point off and on in recent days.  We live about a mile south of the channel to the Port so we see the ships coming and going all the time.  I think this is the most we've seen anchored here at one time.

IMG_20200410_183202.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Beautiful pics! 👍  Are you alls beaches still open??

Yes, the beach here is open so people are able to get some exercise but all the public beach parking areas are closed so the beach is very quiet.  Only locals within walking distance are able to access it.  Everything else is pretty much shut down - the few restaurants that are open are all takeout or delivery only.  

13 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

Yes, the beach here is open so people are able to get some exercise but all the public beach parking areas are closed so the beach is very quiet.  Only locals within walking distance are able to access it.  Everything else is pretty much shut down - the few restaurants that are open are all takeout or delivery only.  

Same here in California. We live 20 miles from the beach, sure wish they had not closed the campgrounds too last week, we could have taken our RV to the beach and stayed home there.

Thank you for the awesome pics, we were supposed to return home today from our long planned Easter Week cruise on the Vista. The good news it is not over, we have a whole year to anticipate our rescheduled Easter Week 2021 cruise! 

• Like 1

As of 5:30 Saturday evening, there was a RC  and some smaller ship in Tampa but no Carnival ships were in.   I've seen the legend, paradise, another RC and a HA ship in and out the past few few weeks.  There is a  NCL ship that has been docked and hasn't moved for almost 3 weeks.  It's down at a non passenger pier further NE in the bay.  Seems like they are cycling out and holding position several miles offshore.   Outside of the egmont shipping channel, the water is pretty shallow so they have to make a pretty hefty run into depper water.