Jump to content

The Daily for Friday Apr 10, 2020


richwmn
 Share

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich and thanks for another newsy fleet report/daily.

Good morning me amigas!

Just got a delivery of groceries last night. Will need to peruse, as I think I can come up with Rich's meal deal.

Have an awesome day all!

Joy

Have a great day Joy!!

Woke up to continuous rain !! All night .

This is so strange for here! It has been raining since Last Sunday. I believe by now our drought is gone.
Enjoy the weekend and stay safe always

Denise😊

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cat shepard said:


Bindi says that EVERYDAY is hug your dog day. But it is nice to have it marked on a calendar!

Hi Cat!

That was nice of you to give the report on Amsterdam. I hope her trip back is safe.

Have a good weekend coming up and enjoy giving lots of hugs to Bindi!

As I said to Joy as always stay safe my friend.

Denise😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks for the Daily report!   Will have to pass on the turkey/avocado thing (am I the only person who thinks avocado is a waste of stomach space?), but will enjoy leftovers from last night's anniversary dinner - take-out from our fave Italian restaurant.  Lots of garlic - it did a great job keeping the werewolves away!  LOL

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

 

Nope, I'm with you on that one....don't like the taste, the consistency, the colour.....for me, it's vile stuff!

 

L.

 

Edited by leerathje
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Daily, Rich, and Happy Good Friday to you as well! 

 

On Vancouver Island, I see the beautiful yellow faces of the daffodils are smiling at us, and the tree blossoms are bursting open.  I guess Mother Nature continues along, as we wait for the wave to end.

 

L.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Rich, for the report, and I'm very glad to hear that Amsterdam has a PLAN!  I bet those Indonesian crew are thrilled that the decision has been made to get them home, and hopefully everyone will stay well until the end of their journey, although they will have to quarantine again when they get home.    I hope it works out for the Filipinos, too.  

 

We will be having salmon fish cakes tonight, for Good Friday.  My  "specialty" dishes for Fridays in Lent are fish cakes, tuna casserole and kedgeree, and our children have grown up with those.  It wouldn't be Lent without them!  I do have sliced turkey and avocados, so perhaps that will be lunch tomorrow...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks for the Daily report!   Will have to pass on the turkey/avocado thing (am I the only person who thinks avocado is a waste of stomach space?), but will enjoy leftovers from last night's anniversary dinner - take-out from our fave Italian restaurant.  Lots of garlic - it did a great job keeping the werewolves away!  LOL

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

 

I'm with you on the avocados. And why do people put them on a BLT? That's just strange. The only use for avocado is making guacamole!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

I'm with you on the avocados. And why do people put them on a BLT? That's just strange. The only use for avocado is making guacamole!

I'm not even a fan of guacamole.  Avocados are in the same category as olives, as far as I'm concerned! 

 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turkey overload here, no fan of avocado.  Thanks for the report on where the dam ships are.  Some of the ships that are gathered in the Bahamas have probably never been in each other’s company before.  🍗🥑️🛳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My goodness! Can't believe people do not love avocados!! I could eat them every meal! 

Allen is hankering for a rib eye tonight.. he's not a Turkey lover.

 

@DeeniEncinitas remember when we talked the other night after the earthquake about what I would do if locusts start swarming?  Did you see Somalia has locusts swarming? Eek! May I rest in peace!

 

Also, we have a tiny pup found in a gutter barely alive. She was taken to our shelter and is fighting for her life. She's on the road to recovery, needing medical donations. And, they named her PAISLEY!! I'm sending a check today in honor of "Paisley in San Diego"

Love you sister! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My goodness! Can't believe people do not love avocados!! I could eat them every meal! 

Allen is hankering for a rib eye tonight.. he's not a Turkey lover.

 

@DeeniEncinitas remember when we talked the other night after the earthquake about what I would do if locusts start swarming?  Did you see Somalia has locusts swarming? Eek! May I rest in peace!

 

Also, we have a tiny pup found in a gutter barely alive. She was taken to our shelter and is fighting for her life. She's on the road to recovery, needing medical donations. And, they named her PAISLEY!! I'm sending a check today in honor of "Paisley in San Diego"

Love you sister! 

OMG!! JOY David and I are crying! This is so precious!! I am sending also!! What a beautiful little girl! Oh Joy Thankyou for something so up lifting! There are such good people that are always helping! God bless all the hero’s out there fighting this terrible virus!

Joy again Thankyou for sending a donation in Paisleys name! I so care for you mi amiga!!!Our dear Cat will feel the same ! So happy having dos amigas!

Denise❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

OMG!! JOY David and I are crying! This is so precious!! I am sending also!! What a beautiful little girl! Oh Joy Thankyou for something so up lifting! There are such good people that are always helping! God bless all the hero’s out there fighting this terrible virus!

Joy again Thankyou for sending a donation in Paisleys name! I so care for you mi amiga!!!Our dear Cat will feel the same ! So happy having dos amigas!

Denise❤️

 

I know,  right? We take animals from California,  Oregon,  Washington.. we are a no kill shelter here. We have pilots who volunteer to pick up pets and bring them here. It's heart wrenching and heart warming. Most of the pets in our hood are shelter pets. 

When I saw the letter for Paisley today, I just had to share it with you.

Off to finish dinner! Hugs!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My goodness! Can't believe people do not love avocados!! I could eat them every meal! 

Allen is hankering for a rib eye tonight.. he's not a Turkey lover.

 

@DeeniEncinitas remember when we talked the other night after the earthquake about what I would do if locusts start swarming?  Did you see Somalia has locusts swarming? Eek! May I rest in peace!

 

Also, we have a tiny pup found in a gutter barely alive. She was taken to our shelter and is fighting for her life. She's on the road to recovery, needing medical donations. And, they named her PAISLEY!! I'm sending a check today in honor of "Paisley in San Diego"

Love you sister! 


Virtual hugs to Paisley! Thank you for posting the picture & shelter info.

 

Nos amiga @DeeniEncinitas is correct that I would feel the same way.  Stay well everyone!

 

P.S. I love avocados!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My goodness! Can't believe people do not love avocados!! I could eat them every meal! 

 

I love avocados also, although not at every meal.  I haven't had a problem finding avocados at the store either.  We eat a lot of Mexican food and avocados make a good foil against the spicy chilies used in most Mexican dishes.  I also love toast with a sliver of avocado on top.  However, my husband does not like them even though I put them on his plate.  He eats them just because they are there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...