CLUB SUITES- NCL changing Minis?

Sand and Seas

What do you think a "Club Suite" will be?    

Cruise Radio reports:  Travel advisers were also told that beginning April 15, Norwegian would be renaming Mini-Suites as Club Suites. No details as to whether that change will have any impact beyond the name.

I don't care what NCL wants to call it - a Mini-Suite is not a SUITE !

It is nothing more than a deluxe Balcony Cabin with a bath tub and possibly a few more square feet of cabin space.

Good that consideration for a less confusing cabin category name change is being considered.

Another cabin category that should be reviewed is the SPA-Suite.

If the stateroom does not have Butler and Concierge perks privileges services it should not be named a Suite.

Suite generally denote something special a different category of stateroom. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

It is nothing more than a deluxe Balcony Cabin with a bath tub and possibly a few more square feet of cabin space.

Good that consideration for a less confusing cabin category name change is being considered.

If the stateroom does not have Butler and Concierge perks privileges services it should not be named a Suite.

Agree use of the word suite when describing a mini has caused much confusion, especially to those new to cruising

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

We've stayed in Spa suites several times. They've always had butler and concierge service. Is that changing?

We've stayed in Spa suites several times. They've always had butler and concierge service. Is that changing?

Sounds like you’ve stayed in the Haven Spa Suites. I think that post is referring to to Spa Mini-Suites which do not have concierge or a butler.

Just now, Aliciamay22 said:

Sounds like you’ve stayed in the Haven Spa Suites. I think that post is referring to to Spa Mini-Suites which do not have concierge or a butler.

Yes, I've stayed in Haven Spa Suites. The post I responded to specifically said "Another cabin category that should be reviewed is the SPA-Suite." It didn't say  Spa Mini Suites, which presumably would be covered under the original announcement about Mini Suites. (Assuming the announcement is true...and no one has provided any documentation of that via link to an official NCL statement, or a link to anything for that matter.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mianmike said:

I don't know what the new "Club Suites" will all entail, but I bet a price increase is included.  

Maybe add some perks?  Concierge service?  Early boarding privileges?   

I was thinking maybe a 'Club' available in the early evening with Concierge and Cocktails? 

I do agree that it's most likely a price increase will be included!  Hurry and book your Minis now before they change to Club.

15 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

What do you think a "Club Suite" will be?    

Cruise Radio reports:  Travel advisers were also told that beginning April 15, Norwegian would be renaming Mini-Suites as Club Suites. No details as to whether that change will have any impact beyond the name.

Did a brief search of Cruise Radio LINK:

https://cruiseradio.net

and did not find any further info

maybe some confusion with the (Vibe) Beach Club ?

Guess will have to wait for the official release of information Wednesday April 15.

Yes, I've stayed in Haven Spa Suites. The post I responded to specifically said "Another cabin category that should be reviewed is the SPA-Suite." It didn't say  Spa Mini Suites, which presumably would be covered under the original announcement about Mini Suites. (Assuming the announcement is true...and no one has provided any documentation of that via link to an official NCL statement, or a link to anything for that matter.)

Okay[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Did a brief search of Cruise Radio LINK:

https://cruiseradio.net

and did not find any further info

maybe some confusion with the (Vibe) Beach Club ?

Guess will have to wait for the official release of information Wednesday April 15.

It's buried at the bottom of this story under 'What else is changing'. (see link below)

It definitely says Minis will change to Club.

https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-line-downsizes-free-at-sea-perk/

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

It's buried at the bottom of this story under 'What else is changing'

https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-line-downsizes-free-at-sea-perk/

Thanks !

It was buried under the bed covers of that inside cabin on the NCL SKY ! LOL !

OR maybe it was a ruse to call an inside cabin a Club Suite - will have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, njhorseman said:

On certain ships, certain Spa suites are loosing Spa access and will just be suites. They will keep Haven access, butler, and concierge. 

Some Spa balconies are losing Spa access. The same is true for some Spa Mini-Suites (or whatever they will be called). 

If people were in a certain stateroom that had Spa access in the past and book the same stateroom number, it is important to check if that same stateroom will still have Spa access. The re-categorization for different NCL ships will take time to sort through so people should be extra careful. Some suites will lose butler service, for example.  

38 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On certain ships, certain Spa suites are loosing Spa access and will just be suites. They will keep Haven access, butler, and concierge. 

Some Spa balconies are losing Spa access. The same is true for some Spa Mini-Suites (or whatever they will be called). 

If people were in a certain stateroom that had Spa access in the past and book the same stateroom number, it is important to check if that same stateroom will still have Spa access. The re-categorization for different NCL ships will take time to sort through so people should be extra careful. Some suites will lose butler service, for example.  

So, what I've highlighted in red means the poster I was originally questioning was wrong, as I suspected. That poster claimed that Spa Suites shouldn't be called suites because they didn't have butler and concierge service. I knew they always did in the past, and you've confirmed they will in the future.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

So, what I've highlighted in red means the poster I was originally questioning was wrong, as I suspected. That poster claimed that Spa Suites shouldn't be called suites because they didn't have butler and concierge service. I knew they always did in the past, and you've confirmed they will in the future.

If you are referring to my post:

I stated that the cabin category should be REVIEWED !

And on the contrary:

The thing unique to NCL is presently suites have Butler and Concierge services perks privileges - who knows

what is next in the mislabeling cruise department.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

13 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

i think of mini-suites as a deluxe balcony in that it has a bathtub and/or double sinks.

'Club suite' would NOT make it less confusing.

in fact, i say it would make it MORE confusing.

at least with mini-suite, people will get the gist that it's not as good as a suite/Haven.

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If you are referring to my post:

I stated that the cabin category should be REVIEWED !

And on the contrary:

The thing unique to NCL is presently suites have Butler and Concierge services perks privileges - who knows

what is next in the mislabeling cruise department.

You can try to cover your tracks obfuscate all you want. The context of what you said is is crystal clear.

You still haven't explained why you said the Spa suite category has to be reviewed...because you can't . The Spa Suite gets spa access and it qualifies as a suite under your criteria because it gets both concierge and butler service. That means there's nothing even remotely misleading about the name Spa Suite so there's nothing to review.

Edited by njhorseman

24 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i think of mini-suites as a deluxe balcony in that it has a bathtub and/or double sinks.

at least with mini-suite, people will get the gist that it's not as good as a suite/Haven.

Yes, I totally agree that Mini-Suites are just a little bit better than a Balcony but with a better bathroom.   

Instead of Mini-suite they should have been called a Deluxe Balcony or something similar.

That's why I'm wondering if 'Club Suite' will come with some sort of extra privileges that make it more special🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

That's why I'm wondering if 'Club Suite' will come with some sort of extra privileges that make it more special🤔

i have a feeling that renaming to Club suites will cause more confusion, not less.

5 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i have a feeling that renaming to Club suites will cause more confusion, not less.

Agreed, it sounds like it should be a lot closer to Haven but I can't imagine it being anything like that.

There are way too many Minis to make them anything like Concierge Suites on the Joy.  

8 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

I can see it now . . .  In the hierarchy of suites, which is better:  Haven or Club?   Do the Club suites have a private pool?  

11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I used to think that a mini suite was a slightly larger balcony cabin with a bath tub too, until we stayed in a mini suite on the Getaway. That’s when we found out that the bath tub perk only applies to smaller ships. A mini suite on the Getaway is maybe 6 inches wider than a balcony. And a spa mini suite has a couple extra nozzles in the shower about belly and knee high. That’s about the only difference we noticed.  I also noticed that NCL is selling what were once called Haven Spa Suites without spa access. So now you can book a Haven suite with a corner whirlpool tub, in the room/cabin, without the spa access and not in the Haven but with butler and concierge service and Haven access.

11 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Agree unless they plan on offering more perks, doubtful, they should drop the word suite and call them deluxe balconies