Jump to content

Sad day...should be sipping champagne on the Equinox today!


Recommended Posts

Missing the joys of cruising reminds me of Joni Mitchell's classic, "Big Yellow Taxi" where she say's, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone".  I'll raise my glass in a toast to cruises lost and the hope that we, Celebrity and it's crew members all live to sail worry free once again.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, npb said:

Instead of pizza tonight, we should be eating in Murano😥

 

Thankfully, we do have food. 

We made pizza today...certainly not the same, but beggars can't be choosers 😄 .

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wolf 8 said:

Missing the joys of cruising reminds me of Joni Mitchell's classic, "Big Yellow Taxi" where she say's, "You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone".  I'll raise my glass in a toast to cruises lost and the hope that we, Celebrity and it's crew members all live to sail worry free once again.

 

 

Going to go with Cinderella's..."Don't know what you got, until it's gone" 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Going to go with Cinderella's..."Don't know what you got, until it's gone" 😄 

 

Every generation has it's moments of artistic grace, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately, we have until August to pay for our November America's cruise.  But, I totally get all of these posts.  No one knows how long cancellations will be extended, and we are facing the fact that we might very well be in the same situation.  And even if cruises are opened up again, will it be the right thing to do? As everyone is doing, we will make the best of it.  And have a cocktail or glass of wine at the time our ship would be departing...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be on the Solstice currently enjoying the last couple of nights before returning to Auckland. It was very sad at the time because we had the best roll call going. I had made over 120 name tags. I just wasn't meant to be. If the cruise had gone ahead our itinerary would have had to change quickly as a cyclone was hitting Fiji when we were due there and it also hit Tonga when we were due there. So we can look at the silver lining on this cruise as we dodged a bullet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 1:21 PM, C-Dragons said:

I wonder how many others are having a sad day... 😞

We were supposed to be boarding our 6 AM flight tomorrow morning for our Reflection cruise on Monday.

 

Sad day here as well.
Should have been boarding the Reflection on Monday (tomorrow) also.

Instead I will put the luggage back in the basement ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, treehugr said:

We made pizza today...certainly not the same, but beggars can't be choosers 😄 .

Did you get your FCC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 10:12 PM, DENIE said:

And even if cruises are opened up again, will it be the right thing to do? As everyone is doing, we will make the best of it.  And have a cocktail or glass of wine at the time our ship would be departing...

 

This is an internal (struggle) conversation my wife have had on many occasions of late. I'm of the mind set let's book something when the restrictions have been lifted. My wife however, has no intention of stepping on a cruise ship any time soon. I think she has laid down an ultimatum...I'm sure going to miss her 😄  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be thinking about being on the Summit next month at this time, but Celebrity canceled the 5/09 cruise to Newport, Charleston and Bermuda. Still has not cancelled the second half of our b2b for 5/19 to New England/Canada, just took off Canada and added Bermuda - really?

 

Hal

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, treehugr said:

Just realized I never changed in my profile. We moved to Vero Beach a year ago after 35 years in Phoenix. Funny, I was at Sam's yesterday and the liquor store was closed. Had 4 squad cars with lights in front of though...someone obviously couldn't take it anymore 😄.

 

In whose world does it make sense to close liquor stores?  What's next, grocery stores?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a sad day.  We should be getting on the Solstice today in Auckland for our B2B.  I really wanted to see New Zealand.  DH was stoked about going to French Polynesia.  Oh well, what’s another 2 years. We booked the Sydney-Honolulu cruise for April 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 8:14 PM, benjoon said:

We should be on the Solstice currently enjoying the last couple of nights before returning to Auckland. It was very sad at the time because we had the best roll call going. I had made over 120 name tags. I just wasn't meant to be. If the cruise had gone ahead our itinerary would have had to change quickly as a cyclone was hitting Fiji when we were due there and it also hit Tonga when we were due there. So we can look at the silver lining on this cruise as we dodged a bullet.

i WAS BOOKED WITH YOU ON THIS CRUISE  & today would ahve been my turnaround day in Auckland as I should be starting the 2nd leg of a 4 X B2B...  

I was so looking forward to the wonderful name tags you were making for all of us... Hopefully we will meet in the future and I can claim mine...  We are considering booking this itinerary in either 21 or 22... but right now I am jsut sitting waiting for the smoke to clear as they say... I will not book anything until the governments reopen the borders - the ships actually resume sailing (with passengers) - the planes start to fly....

However once that criteria is met I am ready to sail...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

In whose world does it make sense to close liquor stores?  What's next, grocery stores?  

Come on up north - we are civilized here in BC - our liquor stores are still OPEN...  😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely understand the deep disappointment of missing a long-awaited cruise. Utterly reasonable way to feel.

 

Still, gotta tell you: the  NYPD has lost more people (staff as well as sworn officers) to this pandemic than it did on Sept. 11. The city is burying COVID bodies as fast as gravediggers can work.

 

Cities across the country are getting MASH-style hospitals in their convention centers or university gyms. 
 

And the real horror stories are the detailed accounts from doctors & nurses about precisely how awful the last days and hours can be for dying COVID patients. (Or the stories of families who can't be with them, or even gather for a funeral).

 

We can safely bet that any of the folks who died aboard Coral, Grand, Diamond, Ruby or the Zaandam would have eagerly given anything to be flown back to safely quarantine at home.

 

So ... I, too, would much rather be aboard a ship watching a sunset off Aruba instead of here on the couch. But in the big picture,  I've got it pretty good. And perhaps you do, too. g'nite 

 

 

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
Link to post
Share on other sites

We also were supposed to be on Equinox this week.  Miss sailing away but I know there will be another day on Celebrity to look forward to.  We have two more cruises booked for this November.  Final payment on the first one is August 25.  Hope things look better by then or we will cancel and wait for next year.

 

Pat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...