Now for something completely different

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You have the 'Golfie and the Surfie, work those ones out, lol.

I am heading down to my Golfie for a feed shortly.  Might have a Joe Blake with a glass of red ned, lol.

Surfie, to me has always referred to someone who surfs. Surf life saving clubs in Victoria are just called the surf club.

When I was in hospital old bloke over the corridor had a real bad stroke, could barely talk, his grandson says “Bet you could go a schooner pop” he mumbles “couldn’t hold one, but think I could handle a ling neck”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You have the 'Golfie and the Surfie, work those ones out, lol.

I am heading down to my Golfie for a feed shortly.  Might have a Joe Blake with a glass of red ned, lol.

Snake for lunch?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Longy is the Longueville Hotel in Lane Cove, the pub across the road from the council building. Good grub there when not in lockdown, especially since its last makeover.

Yes, been to the Longy, good pub, good food.

Just now, NSWP said:

Joe Blake - Snake - Steak and it was a good T Bone too at the Golfie, glass of red ned too.

1465844708_th(1).jpg.7337acd6fcc6267e3d6d3a2df99fd434.jpg

good on you mate. I had lunch at home (working from home again) - cold meat & cheese on toast, anzac bikkie & a cup of coffee. Home cooked Steak with fried eggs for dinner tonight 🙂 

• Like 1

I forgot the 'Leaguies' you know St George Leagues Club @ The Taj Mahal.'    South Sydney Junior Rugby League Club @ 'The Juniors' and so it goes on, I used to frequent those places.  Big 'Poker Machine Palaces' those two.  Now the Big Poker Machine Palaces are in the western Suburbs...Blacktown Workies, Penriff Panthers, Mounties and so it goes on.

When I worked at Hurstville the watering hole was 'The Doolies'- Illawarra Catholic Club. And so it goes on.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Unless you’re in NT when a stubbie is massive (over 2lt in today’s money).

I used to have one of those but chucked it out after 20 years, lol

Ye olde 'Darwin Stubby..

th.jpg.da95a06a87b352dbdf5f420f962f39b5.jpg

Very similar menu for me today Neil, Cold meat (smoked farmer's sausage) and a nice Australian cheddar on multigrain toast, white chocolate & macadamia nut cookies and Earl Grey tea for lunch. And a nice 335 gram New York strip steak (about 25mm thick) with veggies (carrot, potato and mushrooms) roasted in foil pouches on the barby and corn on the cob also cooked on the barby no eggs for me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Joe Blake - Snake - Steak and it was a good T Bone too at the Golfie, glass of red ned too.

1465844708_th(1).jpg.7337acd6fcc6267e3d6d3a2df99fd434.jpg

Looks alright, but light on the chippies though, back when cruising was a thing the waiters very quickly caught on that the Gutster would want chippies  with his meal and Ice Cream with his desert, except one fool who tried to tell him that he didn’t need ice cream with baked Alaska as that was Ice Cream, silly silly waiter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Very similar menu for me today Neil, Cold meat (smoked farmer's sausage) and a nice Australian cheddar on multigrain toast, white chocolate & macadamia nut cookies and Earl Grey tea for lunch. And a nice 335 gram New York strip steak (about 25mm thick) with veggies (carrot, potato and mushrooms) roasted in foil pouches on the barby and corn on the cob also cooked on the barby no eggs for me.

White chocolate and Macadamia Cookie, yummy, though I like them nice and crisp.

11 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey @lyndarra I just read that Rossi has announced his retirement from Moto GP at the end of the season. I don't get to watch Moto GP very much (it's hard to find here) I do however know who Rossi is.

I remember watching him back in the 125cc  ( 1996-1997 )  thinking he was good.... back then watched a lot of motor sports

I watch F1 always, I used to watch C.A.R.T. as well and then the "split" screwed that all up. Moto GP is thrilling but hard to find on tele here. I'm not that adept at getting the computer to stream on the big screen. Maybe the new TV will be easier when we get that.

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not that adept at getting the computer to stream on the big screen. Maybe the new TV will be easier when we get that.

I have attached a Google Chromecast to my two TV's, one smart, one not. I can cast my computer screen to either, using the Chrome browser and my home network.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I have attached a Google Chromecast to my two TV's, one smart, one not. I can cast my computer screen to either, using the Chrome browser and my home network.

My son has attached a Google Chromecast to my TV so I can cast Netflix or Stan to the TV.

Our internet service comes with a TV set top box, a few extra Chanel’s and YouTube or if you subscribe Netflix, love being able to watch old TV shows on you tube you don’t see much any more, just binged on Beverly Hillbillies, might do Flintstones next. To be Frank Free to air TV is pretty ordinary.