Now for something completely different

On 12/4/2021 at 7:57 AM, LC1950 said:

A woman once said to me that people who eat meat are disgusting.

I said to her that people who eat fruit and vegetables are grocer. 🙄

The version I know was a little different:

A vegan once said to me that people who eat meat are gross

I said to her .........

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

The version I know was a little different:

A vegan once said to me that people who eat meat are gross

I said to her .........

Can we compare Vegans and Vegetarians with...dare I say it Anti Vaxxers? Are they from the same species/breed?  For instance up in the NSW Northern Rivers areas, there are plenty of the species mentioned.

Edited by NSWP

16 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Poms will recognise this;

"No sex please, we're British".😉

Relax and 'Think of Mother England' was an olde English saying, lol.

I had better shut up, this is a children's programme, lol.

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can we compare Vegans and Vegetarians with...dare I say it Anti Vaxxers? Are they from the same species/breed?  For instance up in the NSW Northern Rivers areas, there are plenty of the species mentioned.

Not always. Some of our family are vegan now but they aren't anti-vaxxers, they're all fully vaccinated.

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I would say they are less likely to be vegan and more likely selling hoards of supplements and living off green shake meal replacements in their social media accounts😂. A study found about 90% of anti vaxxer messages came from either ultra right wing or "lifestyle" industry personalities. Anti vaxing is no longer the domain of the hippies but suited professionals banging on about freedoms, rights and government interference😒

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I would say they are less likely to be vegan and more likely selling hoards of supplements and living off green shake meal replacements in their social media accounts😂. A study found about 90% of anti vaxxer messages came from either ultra right wing or "lifestyle" industry personalities. Anti vaxing is no longer the domain of the hippies but suited professionals banging on about freedoms, rights and government interference😒

Had a dog at one time that for some reason decided it wanted out of our big back yard, it eventually succeeded and spent about half an hour roaming our street. Next thing I heard were these gut wrenching pitiful howls, it was my dog begging to be let back in the yard. From that day forward I could leave the gate open and the dog would not leave the yard unless I had it on a lead and went with it. These freedom bangers might just get a shock if they ever got their own way.

I have spent the last few days building a deck for the back of my van so that I can transport all my windsurfing gear in some sort of order. I have two boards, five sails, four masts, two booms, two sets of hydrofoils plus what I wear - wet suits, baord shorts, rashee shirts, booties, life jacket, seat harness, helmet, towels etc.,  tools and other miscellaneous stuff.

My carpentary skills aren't great but so far I've only had to cut once after measuring multiple times. The plan is in my head as it's a project that may need changes or adjustments as I go.

This is a project where having a skilled neighbour like Lyle would be handy. I've even been using a hand saw. My only problem so far is that Bunnings used to be few minutes up the road but they moved further away earlier this year. Luckily there's a Home Hardware about a minute or two down the road if I need something I'd forgotten or not foreseen. I'll post a pic or two if I remember to take some.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I have spent the last few days building a deck for the back of my van so that I can transport all my windsurfing gear in some sort of order. I have two boards, five sails, four masts, two booms, two sets of hydrofoils plus what I wear - wet suits, baord shorts, rashee shirts, booties, life jacket, seat harness, helmet, towels etc.,  tools and other miscellaneous stuff.

My carpentary skills aren't great but so far I've only had to cut once after measuring multiple times. The plan is in my head as it's a project that may need changes or adjustments as I go.

This is a project where having a skilled neighbour like Lyle would be handy. I've even been using a hand saw. My only problem so far is that Bunnings used to be few minutes up the road but they moved further away earlier this year. Luckily there's a Home Hardware about a minute or two down the road if I need something I'd forgotten or not foreseen. I'll post a pic or two if I remember to take some.

Pics? I’m the worlds worst handyman. Though might have to try my hand at a stand for my wheelchair in the boot so it stands up rather than lay down, to give a bit more space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Pics? I’m the worlds worst handyman. Though might have to try my hand at a stand for my wheelchair in the boot so it stands up rather than lay down, to give a bit more space.

I must be No.2 world's worst handyman than mate.  I will have a go at some tasks, but generally stuff it up.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I must be No.2 world's worst handyman than mate.  I will have a go at some tasks, but generally stuff it up.

Yeah I’m totally hopeless, thankfully Miss G’s husband is pretty handy and Mrs G isn’t too bad either.

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Funny thing Lyndon, I have a co-worker who recently bought a small Nissan van (the last one on the lot and it is a discontinued model) He did a neat little set up in the back. Of course he had the use of the shop and he is also a journeyman joiner.

What exactly is a hand saw? 😉. If we were neighbours I would be happy to help but as a professional tradesman it would require a certain amount of that universal currency for doing favours for friends...It could cost you a good pub lunch and at least a dozen quality beers. 🙂😎

• Like 1

We are getting hammered by the East Coast Low down here on the Far South Coast. 60km winds and heaps of rain, 50 mm just this morning. Roads flooded, couple of landslides.  Hope it clears soon.

Flooding on Princes Hwy through Mogo..a few kms from me, .right now.

262077117_10227119500358867_4008282404954893873_n.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

We are getting hammered by the East Coast Low down here on the Far South Coast. 60km winds and heaps of rain, 50 mm just this morning. Roads flooded, couple of landslides.  Hope it clears soon.

Saw on the news a woman swept away by the flood. So sad 😔

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

It reached our place about an hour ago. What a change from earlier this morning when we went for a walk. Then it was blue sky, warm sun, but a crisper than expected breeze. Perfect walking weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Lots of people around here can relate Les. We have been luck ourselves, we live on high ground and the floods didn't affect our commute to work. Many other people have been devastated by the parade of storms we had 2 weeks ago.

Be safe everyone, I hope you get through with little or better yet no damage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It reached our place about an hour ago. What a change from earlier this morning when we went for a walk. Then it was blue sky, warm sun, but a crisper than expected breeze. Perfect walking weather.

Yes Julie, the east coast low off here, now turned and hitting Sydney.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:07 AM, GUT2407 said:

It's done. My son will be here in the morning to help me lift it into the van. It's not perfect but it will do the job and is strong enough to hold a body (or two😉) sleeping on it.

When it's back in and loaded I'll take another pic. 

Hopefully I can go sailing tomorrow, weather permitting, and cruise smoothly across the lake on foils. 

IMG_20211209_121302706_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20211210_165707697.jpg

IMG_20211210_172643872.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

It's done. My son will be here in the morning to help me lift it into the van. It's not perfect but it will do the job and is strong enough to hold a body (or two😉) sleeping on it.

When it's back in and loaded I'll take another pic. 

Hopefully I can go sailing tomorrow, weather permitting, and cruise smoothly across the lake on foils. 

IMG_20211209_121302706_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20211210_165707697.jpg

IMG_20211210_172643872.jpg

Make that 2 good pub lunches and 2 dozen quality beers. We would use my tools (if I was your neighbour) 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Make that 2 good pub lunches and 2 dozen quality beers. We would use my tools (if I was your neighbour) 😉

Pub or local club lunches are very good around here. Haven't had bad one in years. Big selection of beers on tap. I like dark draught beer or Guiness if it's on tap. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm very lucky that he didn't realise that I'm only about 20-25 minutes drive South of him. Table saw, Bandsaw, Jointer, Thicknesser, Router table, Drill press, Chisel morticer, +++

• Like 1