Now for something completely different

21 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Hope the weather wasn't too cold at Apollo Bay. We are in Warrnambool again - (my Mum passed away yesterday morning aged 91) and it was freezing this morning and didn't improve much. Rain coming in now. We are here to Saturday, hopr it is not rainig for the drive home.

Very sorry to hear about your Mum, Leigh. Our sincere condolences to you and your family. 

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Julie and Rolf

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Very sorry to hear about your Mum, Leigh. Our sincere condolences to you and your family. 

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Julie and Rolf

Thank you Julie and Rolf.

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Hope the weather wasn't too cold at Apollo Bay. We are in Warrnambool again - (my Mum passed away yesterday morning aged 91) and it was freezing this morning and didn't improve much. Rain coming in now. We are here to Saturday, hopr it is not rainig for the drive home.

My sincere condolences, Leigh💜

3 hours ago, possum52 said:

Thank you Les. it was not unexpected but still sad. Mum had been unwell for months and at Easter we thought she would only last another day or two but she rallied and then went into aged care as it was too hard for Dad to look after her anymore. She went downhill again a couple of weeks and we knew the end was near. She will be cremated tomorrow without a funeral - her wishes. We will have a celebration of her life with family and friends in a few months and scatter her ashes where my sister and nephew's are scattered.

Your mother's passing is a blessing at the end but still sad nevertheless as you say.  Hope you are comforted by memories of happier family times, Leigh.  Does your Dad still live in the family home?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Hi Leigh... Sorry to hear about your Mum..... My Mum is 96 and has been having a lot of bad days since December 2021 when she spent 2 weeks in Hospital.

So thinking about you     Don

• Like 1

17 hours ago, possum52 said:

So sorry Leigh to here about your mum.  May memories of her love keep you smiling.  Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. 

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

Lyle, your terrible armed robbery was indeed covered in our evening news broadcasts last night.  Apparently police were still seeking to locate a third perpetrator.  Any news on the wounded officers?

57 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Lyle, your terrible armed robbery was indeed covered in our evening news broadcasts last night.  Apparently police were still seeking to locate a third perpetrator.  Any news on the wounded officers?

Nothing of substance, 3 officers have been released from hospital and 3 are still in hospital 1 in ICU. All the wounded were members of the GVERU (Greater Victoria Emergency Response Unit). The unit is made up of members from several different police departments in the region. There were 3 members from Victoria PD and 3 members from Saanich PD wounded. I don't know how many ERU members were deployed at the beginning of this action but there were many regular patrol officers that responded as well.

So far there has been no word as to who the perpetrators were and I think they will probably keep the names of the police involved confidential for now at least.

My friend Matt was not involved and he really didn't elaborate as to what he knows. He did thank us for our concern.

So far there are many more questions than answers especially whether or not there were 3 perpetrators. Whatever information the investigation has uncovered they won't be sharing it any time soon.

I think that there will be a long investigation into this, they were still at the scene today collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses. They are also asking people to supply any video that they have.

I know one thing, I sure wouldn't want to be the person writing the after action report on this event.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Nothing of substance, 3 officers have been released from hospital and 3 are still in hospital 1 in ICU. All the wounded were members of the GVERU (Greater Victoria Emergency Response Unit). The unit is made up of members from several different police departments in the region. There were 3 members from Victoria PD and 3 members from Saanich PD wounded. I don't know how many ERU members were deployed at the beginning of this action but there were many regular patrol officers that responded as well.

So far there has been no word as to who the perpetrators were and I think they will probably keep the names of the police involved confidential for now at least.

My friend Matt was not involved and he really didn't elaborate as to what he knows. He did thank us for our concern.

So far there are many more questions than answers especially whether or not there were 3 perpetrators. Whatever information the investigation has uncovered they won't be sharing it any time soon.

I think that there will be a long investigation into this, they were still at the scene today collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses. They are also asking people to supply any video that they have.

I know one thing, I sure wouldn't want to be the person writing the after action report on this event.

Sending healing wishes, especially to the officer in ICU.  Hope he and all recover completely and quickly.  Glad your friend Matt is safe.  My nephew is a police officer (as is his lovely wife) in Brisbane.  They never know what each day brings.  It's a sad old world out there sometimes.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Your mother's passing is a blessing at the end but still sad nevertheless as you say.  Hope you are comforted by memories of happier family times, Leigh.  Does your Dad still live in the family home?

Thank you Marion, Yes Dad still lives in the home I grew up in and built the year I was born. My brother lives with him which is a great help to the rest who don't live in Warrnambool.

8 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Leigh... Sorry to hear about your Mum..... My Mum is 96 and has been having a lot of bad days since December 2021 when she spent 2 weeks in Hospital.

So thinking about you     Don

Thanks Don, your Mum is doing really well for 96. Is she still living at home? Mum had a few visits to hospital over the past couple of years, the last for a month. 

4 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

So sorry Leigh to here about your mum.  May memories of her love keep you smiling.  Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. 

Thank you Brandee.

Wow so much sad news, sorry to hear of your loss Leigh, and the awful shooting in Canada (had to police officer friends involved in a dreadful shootout some years back, one survived (with bad PTSD in hindsight) the other didn’t, but had another crime scene officer friend end up in a bad way after attending a dreadful crime scene

31 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Wow so much sad news, sorry to hear of your loss Leigh, and the awful shooting in Canada (had to police officer friends involved in a dreadful shootout some years back, one survived (with bad PTSD in hindsight) the other didn’t, but had another crime scene officer friend end up in a bad way after attending a dreadful crime scene

I’m so grateful for their service

52 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thanks Don, your Mum is doing really well for 96. Is she still living at home? Mum had a few visits to hospital over the past couple of years, the last for a month. 

It is always hard    my dad battled for many years yet it was still a shock... my partner's mum end up in a home, and stopped talking... her dad was in and out of hospital for his last 6 months, and his last month was at Epworth where they were amazing....  it is still very sad...

My Mum is is the same age as the Queen and the Family home, of 55+ years we live about 3 minutes away, she still drives just locally, and is happy in her own home, we see her most days....

Right a change   time to think about our next cruise in November this year......

I raise my G&T... to all those who have past.....   and have left us great memories   Don  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

It is always hard    my dad battled for many years yet it was still a shock... my partner's mum end up in a home, and stopped talking... her dad was in and out of hospital for his last 6 months, and his last month was at Epworth where they were amazing....  it is still very sad...

My Mum is is the same age as the Queen and the Family home, of 55+ years we live about 3 minutes away, she still drives just locally, and is happy in her own home, we see her most days....

Right a change   time to think about our next cruise in November this year......

I raise my G&T... to all those who have past.....   and have left us great memories   Don  

A lovely post.  Thank you.  Just raised our glasses (pinot grigio).

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Thank you Geoff. I worry about my police officer son in law here in Melbourne. Fortunately at the moment he is doing more office type work, acting as an assistant to his superintendant. He is a sergeant. 

• Like 1