Now for something completely different

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

It is always hard    my dad battled for many years yet it was still a shock... my partner's mum end up in a home, and stopped talking... her dad was in and out of hospital for his last 6 months, and his last month was at Epworth where they were amazing....  it is still very sad...

My Mum is is the same age as the Queen and the Family home, of 55+ years we live about 3 minutes away, she still drives just locally, and is happy in her own home, we see her most days....

Right a change   time to think about our next cruise in November this year......

I raise my G&T... to all those who have past.....   and have left us great memories   Don  

Your Mum is amazing Don, still driving. Dad who is 92 stopped a few months ago but recently renewed his licence for ID purposes.😀

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

It is always hard    my dad battled for many years yet it was still a shock... my partner's mum end up in a home, and stopped talking... her dad was in and out of hospital for his last 6 months, and his last month was at Epworth where they were amazing....  it is still very sad...

My Mum is is the same age as the Queen and the Family home, of 55+ years we live about 3 minutes away, she still drives just locally, and is happy in her own home, we see her most days....

Right a change   time to think about our next cruise in November this year......

I raise my G&T... to all those who have past.....   and have left us great memories   Don  

How wonderful that your mother is 96 living in her own home only about 3 minutes away from you.  Good that she can still drive locally too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now a reminder …

If you or your loved ones have not yet had flu vax, get on with it.

At the last reporting date, 19/6, there had been 147,000 cases in 2022. Approx 50,000 in the lead up 2 weeks.

Numbers are up about 30% on equivalent time period in 2019. Severity, especially among young children, is up.

Both Victoria and NSW have extended the free vaccine period for about 2 weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We were just watching the evening news and the flooding in NSW is quite alarming. It looks much like parts of British Columbia during last fall when we had the "atmospheric river" event. We hope everyone is safe. The destruction looks quite complete from the pictures they showed.

Take care everyone. Lynn and I are thinking of you and hope you're on high ground.

• Like 5

Where my brother used to live in McGraths Hill (west Sydney near Windsor), is all flooded again, which is not that unusual, the 4th time in 18 months. What is unusual  is that the houses were built up like Queenslanders (2 storey houses with no living  areas on the ground floor  just the garage, rumpus room etc) and the top floors are flooding now which is over the 13 metre mark. We still have some friends  who have now lost mostly everything as they couldn't  get insurance for flood. This makes it a 1 in 100 year flood.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

We were just watching the evening news and the flooding in NSW is quite alarming. It looks much like parts of British Columbia during last fall when we had the "atmospheric river" event. We hope everyone is safe. The destruction looks quite complete from the pictures they showed.

Take care everyone. Lynn and I are thinking of you and hope you're on high ground.

Some areas received 400mm in 24 hrs, Lyle, serious rain.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Where my brother used to live in McGraths Hill (west Sydney near Windsor), is all flooded again, which is not that unusual, the 4th time in 18 months. What is unusual  is that the houses were built up like Queenslanders (2 storey houses with no living  areas on the ground floor  just the garage, rumpus room etc) and the top floors are flooding now which is over the 13 metre mark. We still have some friends  who have now lost mostly everything as they couldn't  get insurance for flood. This makes it a 1 in 100 year flood.

Sad that Mic, all the best to your relos and friends there. Couple of my neighbours family who live in Windsor are flooded out, They too could not insure. My daughter at Moruya was going to drop insurance, after recent floods there, premium tripled to $8000 a year. Yes you guessed Les coughed up, again. No wonder I cannot afford a suite on the ships. Sad that.

Edited by NSWP

Devastating scenes;  so traumatic for all who’ve suffered in every way through this terrible inundation.  Cleanups last forever, and it’s almost impossible to eradicate the ensuing mould.  The record for the area still remains at 20m(!) in 1870.  Now the Warragamba Dam seems to be the main contributing factor, but the sad fact remains it always was, and remains, a floid zone

2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Devastating scenes;  so traumatic for all who’ve suffered in every way through this terrible inundation.  Cleanups last forever, and it’s almost impossible to eradicate the ensuing mould.  The record for the area still remains at 20m(!) in 1870.  Now the Warragamba Dam seems to be the main contributing factor, but the sad fact remains it always was, and remains, a floid zone

*flood

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I just posted a reply on a different thread and it's not showing. Seems it's "hidden". How would that happen?

I once posted a long reply that then completely disappeared 🤷‍♀️

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I just posted a reply on a different thread and it's not showing. Seems it's "hidden". How would that happen?

I don't know if this is the situation with your post, but a few weeks ago one of my posts had to be 'reviewed' before it appeared a few days after I originally posted it.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know if this is the situation with your post, but a few weeks ago one of my posts had to be 'reviewed' before it appeared a few days after I originally posted it.

That’s exactly what happened to me on a different post.  I was replying to Les to say I knew the pizza establishment he was referring to, and I mentioned a relative was a therapist at the beauty salon next door.  When I hit “Submit” the entire post  lit up in scarlet red, then disappeared.  It reappeared much later.  I think “therapist” and “salon”  caused the problem.  This post may do the same thing🤔

Just now, Mareblu said:

That’s exactly what happened to me on a different post.  I was replying to Les to say I knew the pizza establishment he was referring to, and I mentioned a relative was a therapist at the beauty salon next door.  When I hit “Submit” the entire post  lit up in scarlet red, then disappeared.  It reappeared much later.  I think “therapist” and “salon”  caused the problem.  This post may do the same thing🤔

I wonder what type of therapist they thought it was. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I wonder what type of therapist they thought it was. 🤣

Exactly.  It didn’t occur to me till much later.  There must be trigger words, I guess.  She would be horrified.  She’s such a dignified lady

21 hours ago, lyndarra said:

It was a post to "Which Cruise Port in Sydney". I had included two links; one to a hotel website and the other to a Sydney train time/distance/cost calculator.

I reposted without the links and it went through ok, but my original post is still there in the thread but hidden ???

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

It was a post to "Which Cruise Port in Sydney". I had included two links; one to a hotel website and the other to a Sydney train time/distance/cost calculator.

I reposted without the links and it went through ok, but my original post is still there in the thread but hidden ???

It might not like the links.

• Like 2