Now for something completely different

For those who asked for an update with regards to the wounded Police officers from the shoot out 2 weeks ago. I just saw on the evening news that the most seriously wounded member who has had at least 3 surgeries was moved out of intensive care today. He has a long recovery ahead. Another member was released from hospital so that will leave 2 members still in hospital and 4 recovering at home.

Details of the investigation have been kept to a minimum. Some disturbing videos of the perpetrators have come to light and this may be less about robbing a bank and more about shooting police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Details of the investigation have been kept to a minimum. Some disturbing videos of the perpetrators have come to light and this may be less about robbing a bank and more about shooting police.

Good to hear those affected are recovering OK, albeit slowly. 

Scary to think some nasty people have this mindset. Police put their lives on the line every day. Sure, they aren't perfect, and a very small percentage might be corrupt, but they shouldn't be a target just because they are doing their job. 

• Like 3

I've had my Health Care card for about two years and yesterday it got me my first freebie. A box of RATs. 

Still haven't had a test but I expect they will come in handy as I'm off to France, Portugal, Spain & Morocco in four weeks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I've had my Health Care card for about two years and yesterday it got me my first freebie. A box of RATs. 

Still haven't had a test but I expect they will come in handy as I'm off to France, Portugal, Spain & Morocco in four weeks.

Sounds like a wonderful trip.  Are you travelling independently or on a tour?  Bon Voyage!

I only got one box of RATs from my local chemist when they were hard to get  Now, as positive numbers are increasing again, they are cancelling them for concession card holders.  

5 hours ago, lyndarra said:

E mail me a couple of RATS will you mate.

(Don't get me started on the Health Care Card !)🤑

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Hope someone feeds them while you’re away on your magical mystery tour.  Sounds wonderful.  Enjoy.

• Haha 1

You Raymonds Chinese freaks  @ Malua Bay..beware due to high cost of iceberg lettuce the san choy bau has increased in price to $26 !  What for a bit of lettuce and garlic infested pork mince

? Outreagous.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like a wonderful trip.  Are you travelling independently or on a tour?  Bon Voyage!

I only got one box of RATs from my local chemist when they were hard to get  Now, as positive numbers are increasing again, they are cancelling them for concession card holders.  

It's a 21 day Deal of a Trip for Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Going 10 days early which we will spend in France with an Oz couple who own a house not far from Bordeaux.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Sad Nsw lost the origin, bad refereeing decisions. Who was the ref ? A queenslander?🍌🍍

The ref, Ashley Klein, is from Sydney.

Ashley Klein (born 6 September 1979is an Australian rugby league referee. Klein arrived in England as a youngster and refereed his first few games in the Rugby League Conference travelling up from London.

His first professional game was Workington Town v Featherstone Rovers on 8 September 2002. His . In 2006 Klein was named by the Rugby League International Federation as referee of the year.[3] Klein was in charge of the 2008 Rugby League World Cup Final in Australia. He quit Super League in 2009 to return to Australia for family reasons, to rejoin his wife and children there.[4]

He is a former Parramatta Eels junior referee.[5]

On 17 February 2012 Klein was the referee for the 2012 World Club Challenge match between the Super League Grand Final winners Leeds Rhinos and NRL Grand Final winners Manly Sea Eagles at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds which saw the English side run out 26-12 winners in front of 21,062 fans. On 19 April 2013 he was the referee for the 2013 Anzac Test.

As of June 2022, Klein has refereed ten State of Origin games.[

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

It's a 21 day Deal of a Trip for Spain, Portugal and Morocco. Going 10 days early which we will spend in France with an Oz couple who own a house not far from Bordeaux.

Wow that is a great trip.  You are going to have such a wonderful time visiting those interesting places.  

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Sad Nsw lost the origin, bad refereeing decisions. Who was the ref ? A queenslander?🍌🍍

You are a tease Les.  It is the Lang Park magic which inspires the Queensland players to super human efforts.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Wow that is a great trip.  You are going to have such a wonderful time visiting those interesting places.  

You are a tease Les.  It is the Lang Park magic which inspires the Queensland players to super human efforts.  

I think it is th.jpg.7411569e3c3af646fe6700955114c445.jpgthe Pineapple juice magic elixir.

Edited by NSWP

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The ref, Ashley Klein, is from Sydney.

Ashley Klein (born 6 September 1979is an Australian rugby league referee. Klein arrived in England as a youngster and refereed his first few games in the Rugby League Conference travelling up from London.

His first professional game was Workington Town v Featherstone Rovers on 8 September 2002. His . In 2006 Klein was named by the Rugby League International Federation as referee of the year.[3] Klein was in charge of the 2008 Rugby League World Cup Final in Australia. He quit Super League in 2009 to return to Australia for family reasons, to rejoin his wife and children there.[4]

He is a former Parramatta Eels junior referee.[5]

On 17 February 2012 Klein was the referee for the 2012 World Club Challenge match between the Super League Grand Final winners Leeds Rhinos and NRL Grand Final winners Manly Sea Eagles at the Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds which saw the English side run out 26-12 winners in front of 21,062 fans. On 19 April 2013 he was the referee for the 2013 Anzac Test.

As of June 2022, Klein has refereed ten State of Origin games.[

Great pedigree, top ref with those credentials.

Just got a call from my son in Greece, he and his family on hols in turkey and greece have tested pos so refused boarding on a flight through doha. Only alternative fly to london heathrow and wait for a  qantas flight in 2 weeks time, long wait for tickets. Such is the spread of the lurgy, not just on ships.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Just got a call from my son in Greece, he and his family on hols in turkey and greece have tested pos so refused boarding on a flight through doha. Only alternative fly to london heathrow and wait for a  qantas flight in 2 weeks time, long wait for tickets. Such is the spread of the lurgy, not just on ships.

Gosh, sorry to hear that.  What an ordeal for them.  

Hi all.  The dreaded virus has caught up with me.  Home - sick and isolating.  If in future anyone says a fatuous "it's just a cold" I will bop them on the head.  This sucks and it is not just a cold.

An excellent article on Covid moving forward that I thought you might enjoy.  It's quite long though.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/covid-isnt-over-its-just-getting-started

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, onlyslightlymad said:

Hi all.  The dreaded virus has caught up with me.  Home - sick and isolating.  If in future anyone says a fatuous "it's just a cold" I will bop them on the head.  This sucks and it is not just a cold.

An excellent article on Covid moving forward that I thought you might enjoy.  It's quite long though.

I'm so sorry that you have Covid.  Is Telehealth taking good care of you at home?  Have you had all your booster vaccines?  The telehealth nurse told my friend she would be in hospital if she hadn't received all her boosters.  She would agree with you that Covid sucks and is still testing positive after her isolation period.  

43 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly.

That is indeed an excellent article. Thanks for posting the link.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Sorry you have Covid and that it has hit you hard. Take care of yourself. 

I think for some if not many people it has been like having a cold. It was for my husband and I and members of our family. But we were lucky, I believe not to have severe symptoms. The worse for me was the fatigue I felt a week or so later when symptoms had gone. I am still feeling those affects at times. 

Thanks for the article, it is what the experts have been saying. 

• Like 2