Now for something completely different

Hi everyone...... I'm back. I haven't been on here for quite a while. The email address my account was hooked up to was an old one, so old Telstra cancelled it so l couldn't get back on here. I have rejoined using the name close to my old one so everyone knows who l am. 

We went on the Coral in July which was wonderful as we hadn't been on her since 2010 when we did the Panama Canal.  We are booked on Quantum in Feb out to the islands. 

Great to see everything getting back to precovid days in regards to cruising.

Cheers Eileen 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BillyandCharliesMum said:

Hi everyone...... I'm back. I haven't been on here for quite a while. The email address my account was hooked up to was an old one, so old Telstra cancelled it so l couldn't get back on here. I have rejoined using the name close to my old one so everyone knows who l am. 

We went on the Coral in July which was wonderful as we hadn't been on her since 2010 when we did the Panama Canal.  We are booked on Quantum in Feb out to the islands. 

Cheers Eileen 

Hi Eileen,  Nobody could come up with that nam except you  Good to see you back on CC.  I thought of you when I was in Cairns pre cruise and hoped all was well with you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Hi Eileen,  Nobody could come up with that nam except you  Good to see you back on CC.  I thought of you when I was in Cairns pre cruise and hoped all was well with you.  

We left Cairns a few years ago. Covid destroyed our business (along with 75% of Cairns) so we left, bought a caravan and intended to travel around Australia.  Got as far as Townsville and our plans changed. Our daughter needed help with her girls as her business was getting too busy for her and her staff. We are now down in Brisbane helping for a few years. Then we will be off again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BillyandCharliesMum said:

We left Cairns a few years ago. Covid destroyed our business (along with 75% of Cairns) so we left, bought a caravan and intended to travel around Australia.  Got as far as Townsville and our plans changed. Our daughter needed help with her girls as her business was getting too busy for her and her staff. We are now down in Brisbane helping for a few years. Then we will be off again.

That is sad news.  I imagine you would have been very good at your business pre pedantic.  Your daughters would have appreciated your help.

Where to when you are off again?

2 hours ago, BillyandCharliesMum said:

Cheers Eileen 

Welcome back, I was thinking we had not heard from you for a long while. I recollect some years ago I asked how your sons Billy and Charlie were, they are your fur babies, 🐕lol. All the best Eileen.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is sad news.  I imagine you would have been very good at your business pre pedantic.  Your daughters would have appreciated your help.

Where to when you are off again?

We had built it up to being a very busy, profitable business.  We had plans of selling at the end of 2020 and retiring but of course you can't sell a business that is not operating so we just had to close it down. 

Not sure which direction we will head, don't really care, we will look at housesitting our way around Australia and camping in between. 

16 hours ago, BillyandCharliesMum said:

We had built it up to being a very busy, profitable business.  We had plans of selling at the end of 2020 and retiring but of course you can't sell a business that is not operating so we just had to close it down. 

Not sure which direction we will head, don't really care, we will look at housesitting our way around Australia and camping in between. 

Hi Eileen, nice to see you here again.

So sorry your business plans did not work out, but looks like you have some great adventures ahead.

Might see out there on the road sometime, we are not retired but try to get out to see this amazing country in our van when we can.

Just did 3 weeks up to Seventeen Seventy, Bundaburg, Hervey Bay, Bribie Island and Yamba. Just beautiful!! 

Take care and safe travels

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BillyandCharliesMum said:

Enjoy, but I trust you have a house somewhere to live out your twilight years when you cannot drive around this sunburnt land any more.

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Eileen, nice to see you here again.

So sorry your business plans did not work out, but looks like you have some great adventures ahead.

Might see out there on the road sometime, we are not retired but try to get out to see this amazing country in our van when we can.

Just did 3 weeks up to Seventeen Seventy, Bundaburg, Hervey Bay, Bribie Island and Yamba. Just beautiful!! 

I thought you were a pre 88 retiree like me, Chez. I exited at 55 in 2003.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought you were a pre 88 retiree like me, Chez. I exited at 55 in 2003.

Not pre '88 Les, but I'm retired, but Andy isn't, he is 7 years younger so have to wait for him to catch up haha!!

I am 58 today.....shhh😀

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yall watching Ch10…The Real Love Boat on Regal Princess in the Med. Rivetting stuff, wish I was 40 years younger, lol.

No good to me Uncle Les, turn the clock back 40 years and I’m still married to the only girl I ever wanted to be married to.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks you guys, Geoff I just found a photo of you and me back in 2007/8 at the CC Hawaiian Xmas party in Parramatta......I had a mumu on and you had your safari suit on😂

+ merkin. 😂

I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago. 15 years, and not sure if the suit still fits.

34 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No good to me Uncle Les, turn the clock back 40 years and I’m still married to the only girl I ever wanted to be married to.

Same here. 30th anniversary at sea this weekend, but we have been together for 40 years.

I have missed the Love Boat tonight. I am at work, but not overly sad. Mentioned it to Barb and got a meh.

Should be some nice eye candy - Discovery Princess that is.

2 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Not pre '88 Les, but I'm retired, but Andy isn't, he is 7 years younger so have to wait for him to catch up haha!!

I am 58 today.....shhh😀

Happy birthday Chez. Would love to catch up again one day! Take care. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Last year we did a similar route, did you do the Paperbark walk in Agnes Water? I found it such a lovely surprise. This year we decided to do western QLD. Couldn't get to Birdsville thanks to flooding but did get as far west as Boulia via the Winton Boulia road which I thought lived up to it reputation as beautiful drive though according to the Middleton hotel owner the landscape was greener than he had experienced in years living there. La Nina takes and then gives😂

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

Same here. 30th anniversary at sea this weekend, but we have been together for 40 years.

I have missed the Love Boat tonight. I am at work, but not overly sad. Mentioned it to Barb and got a meh.

Should be some nice eye candy - Discovery Princess that is.

They are on Regal Princess out of Barcelona. Don't think I will watch any more episodes, lol. I don't want to get too excited, lol.   BTW I did not see their Princess medallions around their necks, maybe they hid them, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

They are on Regal Princess out of Barcelona. Don't think I will watch any more episodes, lol. I don't want to get too excited, lol.   BTW I did not see their Princess medallions around their necks, maybe they hid them, lol.

Like my cruise cards before it, my medallion lived in my pocket. I figure it wasn't aesthetic for TV

• Like 1