Now for something completely different

Strewth Gut, sorry to read of your health problems. I truly hope that they can do something for you to give you quality of life once again. Having Maxy must be a real blessing for you mate.

Take care - we are all cheering for you.

Neil

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Strewth Gut, sorry to read of your health problems. I truly hope that they can do something for you to give you quality of life once again. Having Maxy must be a real blessing for you mate.

Neil

And you are in my prayers.

10 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Gut I am so sorry for your pain, we have our 34 year old year old son back home with us, has been for the last 2 years with a permanent progressive back disorder. He has had to cut work down from 10 hr days to 6hrs and that will prob get less over time. Uncomfortable to stand, walk lie down.

My sister had the same disorder and after 20 odd years just had major surgery.

Hope you can relieve the pain.

Yep that just about sums it up, only time 8 have left the house in the last 8 weeks is on a stretcher but then they won’t bring you home that way and after sitting for half an hour to drive home I am right back where I started.

So far surgeon says way too much wrong to have much hope of surgery, but also said if there was such a thing as an Explosion fracture that’s what he’d call it, bits of bone into the nerves, bits causing bleeding bits just floating around, he is currently talking to few other surgeons to see if a team effort can at least clean it up a bit.

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Neil

Thanks mate.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I can always do Maxy spam sorry middle one is upside down, but Maxy do need a cushion for hims little head, top one is him with his mate Hisser (real name Oli, sharing space on my knee, the dirty look is because she is further up than him, he doesn’t mind sharing, just wants his spot closest to me.

1B32C985-F94E-461B-9713-CEA2FD39D049.jpeg

9E39DDF6-1985-407E-AF00-60E37C55202C.jpeg

79BF50FB-7245-4116-8CF3-2D8437B82B54.jpeg

He does not cranky, but handsome.  Or is that his normal look?

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

He does not cranky, but handsome.  Or is that his normal look?

He is a handsome boy it is a pity neither of us are up to showing him he’d do his share of winning, but yep I know when he has the huffs, especially when Oli gets what he thinks is his spot, on me, on Mrs G’s chair on the bed, on the cushions, just about anywhere.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

He is a handsome boy it is a pity neither of us are up to showing him he’d do his share of winning, but yep I know when he has the huffs, especially when Oli gets what he thinks is his spot, on me, on Mrs G’s chair on the bed, on the cushions, just about anywhere.

Sounds like he thinks he is the boss.  How old is he?

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep that just about sums it up, only time 8 have left the house in the last 8 weeks is on a stretcher but then they won’t bring you home that way and after sitting for half an hour to drive home I am right back where I started.

So far surgeon says way too much wrong to have much hope of surgery, but also said if there was such a thing as an Explosion fracture that’s what he’d call it, bits of bone into the nerves, bits causing bleeding bits just floating around, he is currently talking to few other surgeons to see if a team effort can at least clean it up a bit.

Hope the team doctor approach comes up with the goods to give you a better quality of life.

10 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

On a happier not and if it’s TMI don’t read any further,

Mrs G bought me a dunny seat that lifts me back to my feet

Sounds like an essential useful gift.  Forget the chocolates and flowers, just give m an automatic dunny seat.

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like he thinks he is the boss.  How old is he?

Maxy is 5 1/2, Oli a bit younger, my daughter got her from a cat rescue meant to be short hair (they sure got that wrong the fur ball she is) then daughter gets a husband who is allergic to cats, so are his kids, so who gets the cat. But al least the6 get on great, wrestle try to hide from each other chase around the furniture and then swap who does the chasing. Great mates

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like an essential useful gift.  Forget the chocolates and flowers, just give m an automatic dunny seat.

Haven’t got it set up yet, waiting for son in law to give her a hand lifting it, but could be a life saver getting off the dunny has been a real problem.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Maxy is 5 1/2, Oli a bit younger, my daughter got her from a cat rescue meant to be short hair (they sure got that wrong the fur ball she is) then daughter gets a husband who is allergic to cats, so are his kids, so who gets the cat. But al least the6 get on great, wrestle try to hide from each other chase around the furniture and then swap who does the chasing. Great mates

Sounds like it would be entertaining to just watch them.  My daughters have two whippets who sleep most of the day after a long morning walk.  But then one decides one is resting on his favourite spot or has his favourite toy and it is on!

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like it would be entertaining to just watch them.  My daughters have two whippets who sleep most of the day after a long morning walk.  But then one decides one is resting on his favourite spot or has his favourite toy and it is on!

We bought him home to our daughters Dalmatian who was getting on in years and health, we were worried how they’d go till the Dal bought his favourite toy and dropped it at Max’s feet, best mates till Bones died, then poor Max looked everywhere for him for weeks.

3882CFD2-2CBF-4095-91C6-2B475A47B050.jpeg

Just now, GUT2407 said:

We bought him home to our daughters Dalmatian who was getting on in years and health, we were worried how they’d go till the Dal bought his favourite toy and dropped it at Max’s feet, best mates till Bones died, then poor Max looked everywhere for him for weeks.

3882CFD2-2CBF-4095-91C6-2B475A47B050.jpeg

That must be a precious photo.  

• Thanks 1

So very sorry to read of your complex medical  situation, and to know you’re in constant pain and discomfort.  You’re in our thoughts, and like Les, in our prayers.

our tale of woe pales in contrast, but our big news is that we fly home tomorrow, having been denied by Cunard to board QE in Barcelona tomorrow for our much anticipated voyage home.  Cunard stipulates that for longer voyages such as this, a negative, observed lateral flow (rapid antigen) test myst be taken and the necessary “Fit to Travel” cert. confirming, within 48 hrs of boarding.  Anyone diagnosed with Covid within 10 days of embarkation date will be denied boarding.  
My positive result on our Oceania cruise was on 28 Sept, 12 days from Cunard embarkation, and therefore outside the 10 day exclusion period.  I have official documentation from Oceania Sirena’s chief medical officer confirming this.  He also issued a Fit to Travel cert for me for 5 days after diagnosis.  I am no longer infectious, and haven’t been for many days, but because I returned a positive RAT yesterday (that can happen for sometime) and also the Cunard UK official I spoke to agreeing I would probably be the safest passenger aboard, he said Cunard International (who I need to talk to because we booked in Australia and who will not be available to take calls till Monday, embarkation day) will still deny me permission to board.  No consideration at all of documented proof of why my result is positive.  

Oh well, Cunard will apparently grant future cruise credits for the fare, and will refund the amounts we paid for tours.

Home to our family (wonderful) and to the deluges (not so wonderful).  

17 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

So very sorry to read of your complex medical  situation, and to know you’re in constant pain and discomfort.  You’re in our thoughts, and like Les, in our prayers.

our tale of woe pales in contrast, but our big news is that we fly home tomorrow, having been denied by Cunard to board QE in Barcelona tomorrow for our much anticipated voyage home.  Cunard stipulates that for longer voyages such as this, a negative, observed lateral flow (rapid antigen) test myst be taken and the necessary “Fit to Travel” cert. confirming, within 48 hrs of boarding.  Anyone diagnosed with Covid within 10 days of embarkation date will be denied boarding.  
My positive result on our Oceania cruise was on 28 Sept, 12 days from Cunard embarkation, and therefore outside the 10 day exclusion period.  I have official documentation from Oceania Sirena’s chief medical officer confirming this.  He also issued a Fit to Travel cert for me for 5 days after diagnosis.  I am no longer infectious, and haven’t been for many days, but because I returned a positive RAT yesterday (that can happen for sometime) and also the Cunard UK official I spoke to agreeing I would probably be the safest passenger aboard, he said Cunard International (who I need to talk to because we booked in Australia and who will not be available to take calls till Monday, embarkation day) will still deny me permission to board.  No consideration at all of documented proof of why my result is positive.  

Oh well, Cunard will apparently grant future cruise credits for the fare, and will refund the amounts we paid for tours.

OMG, how disappointing for you. 

36 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Linda, how disappointing for you and Mario not to finish your trip the way you planned. Safe travels home.

Linda and Mario, that is devasting news, that QE voyage back would have been wonderful. Safe flights back. Rain has gone for the moment but cold.

You have probably heard covid is on the rise in England, 1.5 million cases, 1 in 50 have it. Better off out of there.

Edited by NSWP

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Linda and Mario, that is devasting news, that QE voyage back would have been wonderful. Safe flights back. Rain has gone for the moment but cold.

You have probably heard covid is on the rise in England, 1.5 million cases, 1 in 50 have it. Better off out of there.

Thanks, Les.  It is totally ignored here.  A pharmacist, and a practice nurse at different medical facilities in Padstow were quite dismissive of my requests fir advice on management, the pharmacist actually saying, and I quote, “we don’t take Covid seriously  in the UK, anything other than basic paracetamol is overkill”. Mario said I should have replied that Covid got rid of their last Prime Minister😂.  No madks, no isolation fir quite some time now, and everyone seems to be coughing🙄

• Like 1