Now for something completely different

57 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

Any parkrunners here???

We have it in Batemans Bay, I walked it a few times, The Marina to Cbd and return, about 5 km. On every Saturday morning, they only get 50 or so. A good concept.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

We have it in Batemans Bay, I walked it a few times, The Marina to Cbd and return, about 5 km. On every Saturday morning, they only get 50 or so. A good concept.

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

A good concept.

Yes Les - I ran my 262nd last weekend - have been doing it most Saturdays for 9 years now- we get about 200 on average at our local event. I am 76 now so only slow jog it these days - Cliffy Young style 🙂 ( but he was only 61 in his heyday).  I don't come across many in my age group who do it - we have an 80+ lady who walks it every Saturday without fail - I think she has done 350 x 5Ks now. Just wondered if anybody here does it - it can sometimes be surprising who does 

Edited by bazzaw
  • Like 2

For you people on cruises stopping at Eden, they are making some cafes out of containers at the wharf. I might be going down there in a few weeks, will get a pic.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

For you people on cruises stopping at Eden, they are making some cafes out of containers at the wharf. I might be going down there in a few weeks, will get a pic.

That's really interesting, Les.  We might just drive down soon.  Thinking of you...

Linda

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

We'll be in Eden 30th March on Grand Princess. If it coincides with your trip there we'd love to catch up with you for a coffee or lunch.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'll be in Eden 30th March on Grand Princess. If it coincides with your trip there we'd love to catch up with you for a coffee or lunch.

Julie, I will see how I go, I have some rough days and I have to go to the hospital once a week. 

Let you know a week or so before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Julie, I will see how I go, I have some rough days and I have to go to the hospital once a week. 

Let you know a week or so before.

OK. Your health and how you are feeling are top priority. Take care, mate.

• Like 7

Just now, Mareblu said:

We’re all with you on this testing journey, Les.  Stay strong and jeep that quirky sense of humour😉

And how are things across the vast ocean, Lyle?

That would be keep rather than driving a jeep🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Mareblu said:

We’re all with you on this testing journey, Les.  Stay strong and jeep that quirky sense of humour😉

And how are things across the vast ocean, Lyle?

All is well thanks Linda. I had the squamous cell carcinoma removed from my nose yesterday. It was a simple procedure is far as surgery goes, less than 10 minutes. It did bleed more than I expected and is still quite tender. I am a little shy about pain killers because they are also blood thinners and I really don't want to bleed a bunch. I was off yesterday and decided this morning to take today as well, it was still quite tender and the plaster was soaked through with blood. I will try to get back to work tomorrow.

We continue to firm up the plans for our cruise in August/September which will include a couple days in Boston before the cruise and couple nights in Montreal after as well as a train trip to Ottawa for a couple nights before we come home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

All is well thanks Linda. I had the squamous cell carcinoma removed from my nose yesterday. It was a simple procedure is far as surgery goes, less than 10 minutes. It did bleed more than I expected and is still quite tender. I am a little shy about pain killers because they are also blood thinners and I really don't want to bleed a bunch. I was off yesterday and decided this morning to take today as well, it was still quite tender and the plaster was soaked through with blood. I will try to get back to work tomorrow.

We continue to firm up the plans for our cruise in August/September which will include a couple days in Boston before the cruise and couple nights in Montreal after as well as a train trip to Ottawa for a couple nights before we come home.

Glad to hear it's all done.  The bleeding and tenderness should hopefully settle very soon.  Fingers crossed for you.  No surgery is pleasant, is it?  Your trip sounds very exciting;  it's such a beautiful and historic part of the world.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Great idea to spend time in Boston, Montreal and Ottawa before and after your cruise.  Have you visited before?  There is so much to see and do in these interesting historic cities.  What ship is your cruise and ports of call?

Hope your nose is feeling better today.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Great idea to spend time in Boston, Montreal and Ottawa before and after your cruise.  Have you visited before?  There is so much to see and do in these interesting historic cities.  What ship is your cruise and ports of call?

Hope your nose is feeling better today.  

No we I haven't been to any of the places on this trip, Lynn has been to Ottawa but other than that it's a new adventure (other than Vancouver which doesn't count, we just need to change planes there). The cruise itinerary starts in Boston, and the ports are Portland Maine, St. John New Brunswick, Halifax Nova Scotia, Cornerbrook Newfoundland, Charlottetown PEI, Saguenay Quebec, Quebec City Quebec and Montreal Quebec. We will be cruising in Zaandam.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 6

Up early, Seabourn Odyssey just arrived in Batemans Bay, tendering into the pier, 30 minute tender ride.

Came from USA via NZ, Sydney tomorrow. Nice day here for the visit 24C. Chilly morning 12C.

335356539_2014558972269067_8359734042255853540_n.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Up early, Seabourn Odyssey just arrived in Batemans Bay, tendering into the pier, 30 minute tender ride.

Came from USA via NZ, Sydney tomorrow. Nice day here for the visit 24C. Chilly morning 12C.

335356539_2014558972269067_8359734042255853540_n.jpg

Do you get many small ships visiting Batemans Bay?  Must be exciting for the town.  Glad it is a nice day for the visit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you get many small ships visiting Batemans Bay?  Must be exciting for the town.  Glad it is a nice day for the visit.  

Very few, only smaller ones. Too long a tender ride for the big ships. Dangerous sandbar is the problem. 

Edited by NSWP

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Very few, only smaller ones. Too long a tender ride for the big ships. Dangerous sandbar is the problem. 

Thanks for the pic, Les.  They usually anchor off Casey’s.  Yes, it’s a massive sandbar.  Get ready for the Canberra Day long weekend invasion😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Should be fun for everyone 

It certainly fills the cafes.  Looks a beautiful day;  hope it continues for the weekend.  Our daughter is going down with her family.  We tend to visit during quieter times, these days.  How's your Kimberley cruise going?  I think the scenery would be spectacular.  

12 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

I posted before adding:  and how are you feeling, Les?  Hope you're feeling well enough to be out and about a bit, and hope your treatment isn't weighing you down💜

Battling on Linda, I go out a little, treatment is a pain, but will do it until I have had enough.  Moruya Hospital  Cancer Care Centre staff are brilliant, oncologists, nurses, admin.

Thanks for your concerns.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Battling on Linda, I go out a little, treatment is a pain, but will do it until I have had enough.  Moruya Hospital  Cancer Care Centre staff are brilliant, oncologists, nurses, admin.

Moruya has become a centre of medical excellence.  Long overdue for our south coast.  Stay strong, we're all thinking of you, always.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good to hear you have excellent treatment available locally.  The staff make all the difference.  I hope you told them of your cruise fan base!

• Like 4