Cruise Critic Community
tbae

NCL called me yesterday to collect a $1500 deposit on cruise that I just applied $5200 FCC from canceled COVID cruise

4 minutes ago, zqvol said:

No one is trying to be "un-nice", its just that without paragraphs your post is difficult to read and even harder to understand. In  order to give you good advice we need to be able to understand the issues you are having. I could only get about 1/3 of the way through your post before I gave up.

Thank you so much for clarifying-and I can completely see now how that is so true. LOL I probably should at this point go in and edit the post, but I have gotten some people who have been able to plow through my crazy ramblings. LOL - and I think I’ve gotten some good advice. Thanks again for reaching out and clarifying. Sometimes stress definitely can get the better of me, and others I’m sure. many thanks. 🌷

2 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Tbae, not quite sure I understood, However I would be cautious, dont throw good money after very possible bad money,  if you must pay more for this cruise, do it on the last possible day.  These are strange times.  Good Luck, Happy Day to you

The more I am thinking about it, and hearing great feedback and advice like yours and others, I am hopeful that I can in fact do that. Many many thanks for the good advice.🌷

I was able to use my FCC for a deposit. I called and asked them to use just enough to satisfy the deposit requirements. My total FCC was not enough to cover the cruise in full.

Just now, reeinaz said:

I was able to use my FCC for a deposit. I called and asked them to use just enough to satisfy the deposit requirements. My total FCC was not enough to cover the cruise in full.

Thank you so much, that is great to hear. Hoping they fix my situation! 🙂 

I think they want to make sure we have "skin in the game" and aren't just playing with what they consider their money when booking. I am requesting a refund for my paid in full cruise that was cancelled. I also had one cancelled that I had only put a $50 deposit down on.  They unexpectedly offered a 10% FCC which I used to book a cruise in 2021. They then called to get a $125 deposit. The $400 FCC was applied to the balance but not until after I paid the $125.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Zippeedee said:

I think they want to make sure we have "skin in the game" and aren't just playing with what they consider their money when booking. I am requesting a refund for my paid in full cruise that was cancelled. I also had one cancelled that I had only put a $50 deposit down on.  They unexpectedly offered a 10% FCC which I used to book a cruise in 2021. They then called to get a $125 deposit. The $400 FCC was applied to the balance but not until after I paid the $125.

Interesting. It's really the same scenario as mine. Unfortunately for me, my dollar amounts are higher. But to them, I don't suppose that matters. It's their process. It will be interesting to see the response I get. Thanks for sharing your situation, it helps me put mine in perspective. My emotional response is based on the fact that it's a lot of money to me. To them, it's just the same thing, no matter the dollar amount. Interesting food for thought....

🙂

Edited by tbae
typo again lol

Absolutely. Definitely appreciate the help and advice. Any future  posts will be definitely more concise. 🌷

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tbae said:

Absolutely. Definitely appreciate the help and advice. Any future  posts will be definitely more concise. 🌷

May I just ask a simple question. is not 25% due $1,300.

As I have said on other threads the FCC could prove worthless if and it is an if NCL file Chapter 7 or 11. Do ont worry about the "vinegar".

Regards 

Edited by Mrdodgy

On 4/12/2020 at 9:39 AM, Turtles06 said:

OP: paragraphs are your friend 

Have to say I agree - don't think the poster was being unkind but when you write such a long post it makes it really hard to read if you dont break it up a bit. What you say is really important and the points are well made but half way through you feel like giving up.

They say that all feedback is good feedback so please take this as a kind and helpful response to what is an excellent post in terms of details!! 🙂

Moral of the story is take the refund if it's offered.  FCC is a sucker play.

11 hours ago, Markj said:

Have to say I agree - don't think the poster was being unkind but when you write such a long post it makes it really hard to read if you dont break it up a bit. What you say is really important and the points are well made but half way through you feel like giving up.

They say that all feedback is good feedback so please take this as a kind and helpful response to what is an excellent post in terms of details!! 🙂

Completely agree--and thank you. :-) Posts in the future will be more concise and with paragraph breaks. Cheers. 

11 hours ago, Mrdodgy said:

May I just ask a simple question. is not 25% due $1,300.

As I have said on other threads the FCC could prove worthless if and it is an if NCL file Chapter 7 or 11. Do ont worry about the "vinegar".

Regards 

They are asking for the standard $1500 suite deposit, the deposit --I don't believe- is not based on a percentage in this case. Although I would only have to pay about $1175 in the deposit process, as they are recognizing $334 of the FCC as having "cash" value. So I would have a final payment due of around something like $1700 by Sept. 2020. 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, reeinaz said:

Same here. We applied our FCC to an April 2021 cruise. It was enough to cover all but about $600 of the total cost. We were not asked to pay anything additional in cash, and I wouldn’t have booked if we had. They already have several thousand dollars of our money.