Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
zorky12

Fly2Fun price drop?

Posted (edited)

We have our flights booked through Fly2Fun. Reason being is its easy, if the cruise cancels you get a full refund and you get carry on and seat assignments at no extra cost. When I booked the flights it was quite a bit cheaper than through like Expedia. Now with the flights price drop the flights are about $300 cheaper over all on a mach booking. Had anyone been able to change their flights and save money or are you stuck with what you paid? I called Carnival but travel services were not in. They said I could cancel and get a refund for the flights but with the unsure future I prefer to try and keep it will Fly2Fun in case its canceled. Our trip is Dec 12 on Mardi gras.

Edited by zorky12

Yes, you can reprice flights up until final payment, as long as you booked the flexible option.  I just called and repriced flights that were $400 cheaper.

How far out can you check this? Everytime I goto the fly2fun site it keeps my home airport empty and won't let me input anything so I get errors anytime I try to search.

On 4/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, zorky12 said:

We have our flights booked through Fly2Fun. Reason being is its easy, if the cruise cancels you get a full refund and you get carry on and seat assignments at no extra cost. When I booked the flights it was quite a bit cheaper than through like Expedia. Now with the flights price drop the flights are about $300 cheaper over all on a mach booking. Had anyone been able to change their flights and save money or are you stuck with what you paid? I called Carnival but travel services were not in. They said I could cancel and get a refund for the flights but with the unsure future I prefer to try and keep it will Fly2Fun in case its canceled. Our trip is Dec 12 on Mardi gras.

I was able to call and cancel my Fly2fun. I just booked straight with the airline due to the huge difference. 

On 4/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, missholly24 said:

I was able to call and cancel my Fly2fun. I just booked straight with the airline due to the huge difference. 

Thank you my concern with booking straight with the airlines is that if the cruise is canceled we are stuck with the airfare. Fly2Fun you can get full refund on a cancel

On 4/19/2020 at 5:32 PM, zorky12 said:

Thank you my concern with booking straight with the airlines is that if the cruise is canceled we are stuck with the airfare. Fly2Fun you can get full refund on a cancel

I think the airlines are refunding tickets d/t covid reasons as well but don't quote me on that things change daily!