Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
doconner

Best way to search MSC (without 3 month limit)

I am new to MSC, having had a cruise for this month cancelled for obvious reasons.

I typically find cruise line's websites frustrating, but MSC's goes to a whole new level of annoying.   

My partner and I have quite a lot of flexibility when we book travels, and often try to seek out very good deals even if they are far in the future, however with MSC (both US and UK websites) they seem to force you to select a narrow 3 month window when searching.  Are there any ways that you can search for all of their bookable cruises at the same time?

Thanks,

Sometimes I search for cruises by using *****. The site requires a free signup, but it has a very nice advanced search page.

If you are willing to do it one ship at a time, you can do it that way. I am fussy about ships, so actually find this a good way of doing things for myself. Although may still be long winded for you...

On the website select "Our Cruises" then "Ships". Then select the ship and it will take you to its page, then scroll down a bit to the itineraries section and you'll see an orange button that says "Find MSC Grandiosa" (or whichever ship) cruises, and you will see them all, and you can then order the list by price/date/duration etc... 

I have been doing the same a lot, to pass the time and get a good shortlist drawn up for when this is all over (positive thinking).

31 minutes ago, doconner said:

I am new to MSC, having had a cruise for this month cancelled for obvious reasons.

I typically find cruise line's websites frustrating, but MSC's goes to a whole new level of annoying.   

My partner and I have quite a lot of flexibility when we book travels, and often try to seek out very good deals even if they are far in the future, however with MSC (both US and UK websites) they seem to force you to select a narrow 3 month window when searching.  Are there any ways that you can search for all of their bookable cruises at the same time?

Thanks,

After you do the search from the home page, you'll get to the screen that you're able to actually search for more than 3 months.

You'll see the "REFINE YOUR SEARCH" section on your results screen.  Just below the dates (left side of screen), check the "Extend search dates" and now you're able to do an extended search.