Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

My wife and I are booked out of SF on the Ruby for Mexico January 2021....what do you think?

I am booked on Enchanted out of PE Jan 23/21 and I don’t think I will keep the booking. Waiting it out though if thinks look up by Oct. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DW and I are booked on the Emerald for  (new) Panama Canal Jan 24th (I think), cruise.  We are keeping the cruise.

 

If Princess need to cancel we will wait for them to do so.  Otherwise, we will be aboard that ship.  While not the same, we have been on several cruises that had Noro going around.  We haven't caught it.  While I realize that might not be a good comparison it's all I got. 

 

If Princess cancels our cruise, we will book again ASAP.  It's the last trip on the bucket list (okay World Cruise, but that might not be obtainable).  So really want to accomplish this one.

 

Phantom, personally, I'd keep the cruise.  Of course I have no idea of your situation, you are the one who needs to make the decision.  I hope all the best to you and your wife.  I hope you stay safe, and I hope we all get to cruise soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzzyape said:

DW and I are booked on the Emerald for  (new) Panama Canal Jan 24th (I think), cruise.

 

Yep, Jan 24. DW and I booked in the Emerald for Panama as well.

 

I'm undecided at this point. The situation is way too fluid right now to decide anything. Plus, I'm concerned about some of the social behavioral changes which will no doubt be a reality by then.

 

I guess we shall see...

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

 

Yep, Jan 24. DW and I booked in the Emerald for Panama as well.

 

I'm undecided at this point. The situation is way too fluid right now to decide anything. Plus, I'm concerned about some of the social behavioral changes which will no doubt be a reality by then.

 

I guess we shall see...

 

Hey, we too are on this cruise.  See you all onboard.  I have to admit, I've not purchased air yet and likely won't for some time to come.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

 

Yep, Jan 24. DW and I booked in the Emerald for Panama as well.

 

I'm undecided at this point. The situation is way too fluid right now to decide anything. Plus, I'm concerned about some of the social behavioral changes which will no doubt be a reality by then.

 

I guess we shall see...

 

2 minutes ago, jondfk said:

 

Hey, we too are on this cruise.  See you all onboard.  I have to admit, I've not purchased air yet and likely won't for some time to come.

 

 

 

There is a roll call for the Jan 24 cruise.

If you aren't already involved in the roll call feel free to join.

 

DW and I are using the EZ air option.  Friend introduced us to it on our last cruise.  We enjoyed it.  Given the current environment thought it might be good to use it again (in case we are stuck for longer than we anticipated).  

 

Counting down the days!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fuzzyape said:

 

 

There is a roll call for the Jan 24 cruise.

If you aren't already involved in the roll call feel free to join.

 

DW and I are using the EZ air option.  Friend introduced us to it on our last cruise.  We enjoyed it.  Given the current environment thought it might be good to use it again (in case we are stuck for longer than we anticipated).  

 

Counting down the days!

 

Thanks, I'll definitely join the roll call.  I usually wait until about 6 months out when they start to get more active.  I've looked at EZ air, but the price isn't compelling at this point.  We only need one-way air from San Francisco and prices are no better than booking directly with the airlines at this stage - I'm looking for better than that - but it's probably too early.

 

See you onboard, at least I hope that's the case.  I don't need another stay at Travis (was on Grand Feb 21st).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

My wife and I are booked out of SF on the Ruby for Mexico January 2021....what do you think?

Way too early to make a determination. Ship may sail. Could be a different ship. Will you feel comfortable at that time, before a vaccine is available?

Edited by skynight
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

My wife and I are booked out of SF on the Ruby for Mexico January 2021....what do you think?

Don't like your chances, as I don't think the Ruby Princess will be in service after the homicide investigation here in Australia.

16 deaths so far is not a good look for any ship or cruise company.  I reckon she will be sold off & rebranded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a NZ cruise, return from Melbourne, booked for Jan 2021 - I have until July to cancel and get my deposit back.  The news from our government, about our international border being open for travel, isn't really positive at the moment - they seem to be suggesting that we'll be about to engage in domestic travel by the end of the year but international travel may remain out of bounds for longer than that.  If there isn't a vaccine, and if I haven't already caught, recovered, and developed anti-bodies for this virus, I will be bound by whatever the medical advice is.  Which is potentially sad, because I managed to book a suite at a really good price and I want to go on the cruise!

Edited by trinitygirl
spellcheck!
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Outerdog said:

 

Yep, Jan 24. DW and I booked in the Emerald for Panama as well.

 

I'm undecided at this point. The situation is way too fluid right now to decide anything. Plus, I'm concerned about some of the social behavioral changes which will no doubt be a reality by then.

 

I guess we shall see...

My wife and I are also on the Emerald Jan 24 plus the following cruise on Feb 8 back to FLL. The Emerald does the new locks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.   Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I am sure hoping that things will be somewhat back to normal schedules later this year.  We were supposed to do The Grand May 30 (which technically hasn't been cancelled yet) to Alaska, but were actually thinking of booking a Caribbean over Thanksgiving, after we get more info about credits etc from our May cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend and I are booked on the Enchanted Princess for January, 2021.  While I haven’t canceled it yet, we will not be going.  I really won’t be comfortable cruising until a vaccine is developed.  I enjoy cruising very much, but it’s a “no” for the foreseeable future.  Sadly.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Wow.   Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I am sure hoping that things will be somewhat back to normal schedules later this year.  We were supposed to do The Grand May 30 (which technically hasn't been cancelled yet) to Alaska, but were actually thinking of booking a Caribbean over Thanksgiving, after we get more info about credits etc from our May cruise.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/cdc-extends-ban-on-cruise-ship-sailings-up-to-another-100-days

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

Don't like your chances, as I don't think the Ruby Princess will be in service after the homicide investigation here in Australia.

16 deaths so far is not a good look for any ship or cruise company.  I reckon she will be sold off & rebranded. 

Yah I'm a little leery of the Ruby for this reason and also of the Grand and Coral. I guess I would consider a new ship that hasn't  sailed yet (like the Enchanted and Discovery).  But as mentioned above it's also about safer protocols and a possible vaccine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

My wife and I are booked out of SF on the Ruby for Mexico January 2021....what do you think?

 

It's really hard to say.  We will be getting an announcement from Princess tomorrow ... I know that is only supposed to be suspensions of operations through June of this year ... but they may have some additional information.  

Hopefully, you have a refundable deposit so you can just take a wait and see approach.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Yes, I saw that last week.  When I said it technically wasn't cancelled yet, I mean that Princess still shows our cruise as upcoming when I sign in to our cruise personalizer and we have not received a notification from them yet.  I'm sure it will come after their announcement tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fuzzyape said:

While not the same, we have been on several cruises that had Noro going around.  We haven't caught it.  While I realize that might not be a good comparison it's all I got. 

You’re right ... not the same!  Almost everyone who has sailed much has been on a ship with a NoroVirus issue. Inconvenient for all and not at all fun for those who “catch’ it. But, COVID19 is even more contagious and more importantly ... deadly!  Ships have sailed for years with Noro but the CoronaVirus is something no cruise line or passenger wants onboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that is only supposed to be suspensions of operations through June of this year ... but they may have some additional information.   Hopefully, you have a refundable deposit so you can just take a wait and see approach.  

 

Really interested to see what they say tomorrow because Carnival has come out and cancelled some things for this Fall and sailings out of NYC and San Fran through end of year.  They cancelled 2 ships until late Oct., Nov. that were due to be in Europe.

 

Princess may have different plans but waiting until 2021 for cruises is probably not a bad idea.  I cancelled mine, thought I might too hasty but now better to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Phantom of the Seas said:

My wife and I are booked out of SF on the Ruby for Mexico January 2021....what do you think?

 

I'd give it 50:50 that things will have some sense of normalcy, IE the cruise can happen, can only speculate at what restrictions in travel ( flying/airports ) as well as on embarkation and port disembarkation / embarkation will be required.  Imagine going to Cabo or Cancun and Mexico is spiking, should you be allowed off or back on after ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...