How we can help Celebrity

19 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

@treehugr No, you can speak for lots of us who are on or not this board.

My, personally, main issue is when some of the same posters post the same complaints in many threads....

I happen to be in a similar predicament with X, but I will only post about it once or twice and not, generally, post about it on several threads, related or not.

Empathy abounds those of us who 'seemingly' are hitting a brick wall about refunds or FCC's or the state of cruising such as it is currently and in the near future, cabins costs for future itineraries vs current values of FCC's, etc...

There are several threads where these issues are and can be discussed in depth and detail and angst, as there needs to be.

Yet, when someone starts a thread which is not started to address these issues yet others, then a bombardment of 'other' issues are introduced, which is the long run is fine as this is an open board after all, just as long as generally accepted manners and protocol are adhered to for the most part.

This thread was not started as a 'b & m', yet it has been turned into one, generally, as such my reaction to them here.

I cannot accept that each thread has to become so negative and I not say something about it! Yes, each of us has the right and privilege to post to any thread of our choosing, yet expect to have some sort of reaction (positive or negative or neutral) if it is thought to be out of character with the thread started, either by the OP or others.

Usually, I immediately apologize when I find that I have done this on other threads and just leave it alone.

Thank you for the gentle input and further explanation, it is appreciated and understood. Please know that my comments or stances on this are not personal, I, too, Am aggravated and always look to figure out how to work it out with the 'input' of others, if there is none then I go and try to figure it out on my own and not drone about it.

I Am, along with others, are loyal to X and understand how this can leave a sour taste in ones mouth over it all... If refunds and FCC's take a while to process, guess what, they take time and not on our time desires.

Thank you again and bon voyage

@Bo1953- Like so many others here on CC, I’ve always appreciated and enjoyed your candid and thoughtful comments. Unfortunately, in this current climate we all find ourselves living in,  I have way too much available free time on my hands and CC has become an outlet for me I suppose. As a direct result, I’m just as guilty as the next for clicking and responding to just about anything, when in the past I was typically more a lurker than poster. Even with a game of Uno 6 million with my daughter and my wife’s ambitious Annie Sloan makeover of all our household furniture, unfortunately I still find time to offer up my regurgitated opinion here on CC. I assure you, this shall pass and calm / reason will once again return.

Time to go find another post to respond to 😄.

23 minutes ago, treehugr said:

@Bo1953- Like so many others here on CC, I’ve always appreciated and enjoyed your candid and thoughtful comments. Unfortunately, in this current climate we all find ourselves living in,  I have way too much available free time on my hands and CC has become an outlet for me I suppose. As a direct result, I’m just as guilty as the next for clicking and responding to just about anything, when in the past I was typically more a lurker than poster. Even with a game of Uno 6 million with my daughter and my wife’s ambitious Annie Sloan makeover of all our household furniture, unfortunately I still find time to offer up my regurgitated opinion here on CC. I assure you, this shall pass and calm / reason will once again return.

Time to go find another post to respond to 😄.

@treehugr Not to worry, many of us are on the same ship, to be sure! LOL

I have to be in an office everyday, too ...

When it is just me, guess what I Am doing in-between phone calls, employee questions, client requests....

I thank you regardless for your input and thoughts on any topic.

Like yourself, I always seek to be fair in posting my thoughts.

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on. Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain. Sorry for the old Sonny & Cher flashback. There are so many throbbing temples and rapid pulses on this thread, headaches must abound. And all for naught.

Like many others yesterday, I received my notice from X that cruises are suspended through June 11. One of my cruises falls in that time frame. Very clear instructions were included which told me what to do and how to do it. I immediately followed those instructions, requesting a refund instead of FCC. I also e-mailed my TA informing them of my good deed. I heard from both immediately and was told that all X related costs would be returned within 45 days. In addition, I contacted the travel insurance company with whom I purchased trip insurance for this cruise. Within 15 minutes that policy coverage was transferred to an upcoming cruise in 2021. Very easy and stress free.

I seek no special treatment from anyone. My cruising status, monetary expenditure, number of cruises, extreme good looks and impeccable wardrobe, entitle me to no more or no less attention than you guys and gals. Help Celebrity by leaving them alone. Do what you need to do then let them do their job. I don't care if my refund takes 45 days or 90 days, I will receive what I am supposed to receive.

Now, excuse me while I go back to Sonny & Cher. "The Beat Goes On", great song. I'm singing it now. If you could hear me you'd love it. Sing it yourselves, why don't you. Without the throbbing temples, rapid pulses and high blood pressure. All that comes with a feeling of self importance and the stress incurred when you can't seem to convince anyone else of that.    

2 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

And the beat goes on, the beat goes on. Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain. Sorry for the old Sonny & Cher flashback. There are so many throbbing temples and rapid pulses on this thread, headaches must abound. And all for naught.

Like many others yesterday, I received my notice from X that cruises are suspended through June 11. One of my cruises falls in that time frame. Very clear instructions were included which told me what to do and how to do it. I immediately followed those instructions, requesting a refund instead of FCC. I also e-mailed my TA informing them of my good deed. I heard from both immediately and was told that all X related costs would be returned within 45 days. In addition, I contacted the travel insurance company with whom I purchased trip insurance for this cruise. Within 15 minutes that policy coverage was transferred to an upcoming cruise in 2021. Very easy and stress free.

I seek no special treatment from anyone. My cruising status, monetary expenditure, number of cruises, extreme good looks and impeccable wardrobe, entitle me to no more or no less attention than you guys and gals. Help Celebrity by leaving them alone. Do what you need to do then let them do their job. I don't care if my refund takes 45 days or 90 days, I will receive what I am supposed to receive.

Now, excuse me while I go back to Sonny & Cher. "The Beat Goes On", great song. I'm singing it now. If you could hear me you'd love it. Sing it yourselves, why don't you. Without the throbbing temples, rapid pulses and high blood pressure. All that comes with a feeling of self importance and the stress incurred when you can't seem to convince anyone else of that.       

s - thank you for this... sage and timely and egalitarian approach to our current situation, not only with X but with most other cruise lines.

bon voyage

😆

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Good to hear that you enjoyed a very easy and stress free experience. Unfortunately, yours seems to be the exception to the rule, as a huge number of post detailing problems have demonstrated. I'm not talking about the ones talking simple about refunds taking a bit longer than expected, it's the many where passengers have experienced a run around. This is just a recent example, posted within the past hour:

Well you're certainly not lacking in confidence 😄 ....congrats on your stress free process. 

You actually got a confirmation of your refund back from Celebrity? You would be the first that I'm aware of, out of countless here on CC, that actually got something back after applying. 

Sorry to rain on this Debbie and Dougie Downer parade. Yes, it was easy and stress free. Yes, I received confirmation of my refund request stating that within 45 days I would have my money. That satisfies me. I don't need to call X daily asking where my money is. My process was done electronically, no phone calls. After all no one has all the answers, from POTUS on down. Why in the world would you expect a Customer Service Rep in a cruise line call center to be your answer man/woman and financial advisor. Not going to happen.

Finally, yes I am confident. Not in the sense of my tongue-in cheek comments as underlined by treehugr. Rather, I am confident that the system will work. If and when we return to the good old cruisin' days, it will be do to many factors. Luck, perseverance, hard work, patience, understanding and lessons learned. And, in spite of those folks who cry foul and demand apologies and invoke privilege, well, we all might just get along.

"The Beat Goes On."     

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

Hey everyone,

TA here - the best way that you can help out Celebrity is to reward them with your patience. To date I have had 73 client's bookings that I have had to take care of that were cancelled, or changed with their "Cruise with Confidence" program.

To clear a few things up:

1. Refunds are taking between 45-60 days to process if you choose to take them. This is not because they are hoarding your money, it's because they have to mitigate their cash flow. If everyone tried to get their money back at the same time, they (or any other service/banking related industry) would go bust - they do not have everyone's deposits and fares sitting around in the bank just waiting to go to your folio's on the ship.

2. Commissions are protected for TA's that are cancelled by X, or with the CWC if it is after final payment - if it is before final they are repriced when you move your sailing. There is no incentive to delay, prevent, or impede in any way you choosing to take the refund or FCC. tldr; I get paid regardless of what you do, the only thing that changes is when I get paid.

These are trying times for not only the cruise industry but also for your TA. We will all get through this, but we ask for your time and patience in the process.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

We just cancelled a B2B for September.  It was before final payment.  I received an email confirming both cancellations.  Here is what the email said:

Dear Celebrity Guest,

There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status. When cruise reservations are cancelled, activity or services under the cruise reservation are also cancelled. All reservations cancelled are listed below.

The credit card to which the order was charged will be credited within two billing cycles.
You may want to print this page for your records.  

I am happy with this result and will patiently await my refund on the deposits.

Edited by RICCruisers
5 hours ago, JonnyCT81 said:

Hey everyone,

TA here - the best way that you can help out Celebrity is to reward them with your patience. To date I have had 73 client's bookings that I have had to take care of that were cancelled, or changed with their "Cruise with Confidence" program.

1. Refunds are taking between 45-60 days to process if you choose to take them. This is not because they are hoarding your money, it's because they have to mitigate their cash flow. If everyone tried to get their money back at the same time, they (or any other service/banking related industry) would go bust - they do not have everyone's deposits and fares sitting around in the bank just waiting to go to your folio's on the ship.

2. Commissions are protected for TA's that are cancelled by X, or with the CWC if it is after final payment - if it is before final they are repriced when you move your sailing. There is no incentive to delay, prevent, or impede in any way you choosing to take the refund or FCC. tldr; I get paid regardless of what you do, the only thing that changes is when I get paid.

These are trying times for not only the cruise industry but also for your TA. We will all get through this, but we ask for your time and patience in the process.

Well said!

6 hours ago, JonnyCT81 said:

Hey everyone,

Hi,

I bit confused with one of your statements:

"If everyone tried to get their money back at the same time, they (or any other service/banking related industry) would go bust - they do not have everyone's deposits and fares sitting around in the bank"

So they do NOT have enough bank funds to cover refunds?

Did you get this from RCL?, Your supervisor? or your opinion?

If they presently don't have enough funds where will it come from?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

We just cancelled a B2B for September.  It was before final payment.  I received an email confirming both cancellations.  Here is what the email said:

Dear Celebrity Guest,

There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status. When cruise reservations are cancelled, activity or services under the cruise reservation are also cancelled. All reservations cancelled are listed below.

The credit card to which the order was charged will be credited within two billing cycles.
You may want to print this page for your records.  

I am happy with this result and will patiently await my refund on the deposits.

Had they sent this type of e mail  at the outset, there would have been much less grief all around! That's really all most people wanted,  but were told by reps it could  not be done.  Good  they are doing it now.

Still perplexed that they spend the potentially refundable deposit money to operate. In other businesses, this is not allowed.

Edited by hcat
7 hours ago, JonnyCT81 said:

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the common sense approach to this situation, like a MD, if the advice will only be followed, then the patient and patience will be much improved, overall, usually.

bon voyage

51 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

I bit confused with one of your statements:

"If everyone tried to get their money back at the same time, they (or any other service/banking related industry) would go bust - they do not have everyone's deposits and fares sitting around in the bank"

So they do NOT have enough bank funds to cover refunds?

Did you get this from RCL?, Your supervisor? or your opinion?

If they presently don't have enough funds where will it come from?

Thanks!

Some of us and businesses as well, do have funds in places or monetary instruments which cannot be converted immediately for various reasons.

The statement that j made is in reference to 'liquid' cash just sitting in a financial institution waiting to be spent.

It is not in their (or my) best interest to have cash just sitting around not earning and etc., no matter how little interest one might earn.

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Thank you for the common sense approach to this situation, like a MD, if the advice will only be followed, then the patient and patience will be much improved, overall, usually.

bon voyage

Hi,

Maybe you have answers to my questions that I posted about their response (look 2 or 3 up from your post for them). 

Thanks

8 hours ago, JonnyCT81 said:

Hey everyone,

That is the very definition of a cash flow problem.

They are literally waiting for additional people to pay deposits/final payments in order to refund your money, for which you have received nothing.  Everyone is not asking for their money back at the same time, only those who have received nothing for the funds they have given the cruise line.  Many, many people who are on cruises later in 2020, in 2021 and in 2022 are not asking for refunds. 

Maybe I was a horrible business owner for 20+ years.  When someone paid me for a service, I tendered that service to them.  If they did not receive that service, their money was returned to them.  I did NOT have to wait for someone else to pay for the service to refund to the first person.  That, I think, is basically a Ponzi scheme.

5 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That is the very definition of a cash flow problem.

They are literally waiting for additional people to pay deposits/final payments in order to refund your money, for which you have received nothing.  Everyone is not asking for their money back at the same time, only those who have received nothing for the funds they have given the cruise line.  Many, many people who are on cruises later in 2020, in 2021 and in 2022 are not asking for refunds. 

Maybe I was a horrible business owner for 20+ years.  When someone paid me for a service, I tendered that service to them.  If they did not receive that service, their money was returned to them.  I did NOT have to wait for someone else to pay for the service to refund to the first person.  That, I think, is basically a Ponzi scheme.

Yes, finally someone else agrees that this policy is NOT correct!!!

Even with the next set of cancellations, they (RCL/Celebrity) are also offering

100% cash refunds for cancelled cruises. The ONLY difference was that they

said that the refund would be in 45 days (not business days). They didn't

say we have to wait for cruisers to pay for upcoming cruises, make deposits etc

until we have enough funds to refund you!! MANY are still wait for refunds for

cruises in mid March. Yes, I agree that they can NOT refund anyone if they do

not have any money in the bank. This is logical, BUT why pretend and offer 

100% refunds if you do not have the money!

ECCruise, BP99 - I also concur.

It is patently obvious the cruise lines have been spending at a rate that exceeds their revenues. 

To not have a rainy day fund is the height of incompetence for any consumer and business owner and yes, government too. 

I would not assist Celebrity in any way, nor any cruise line. 

11 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Sorry to rain on this Debbie and Dougie Downer parade. Yes, it was easy and stress free. Yes, I received confirmation of my refund request stating that within 45 days I would have my money. That satisfies me. I don't need to call X daily asking where my money is. My process was done electronically, no phone calls. After all no one has all the answers, from POTUS on down. Why in the world would you expect a Customer Service Rep in a cruise line call center to be your answer man/woman and financial advisor. Not going to happen.

Finally, yes I am confident. Not in the sense of my tongue-in cheek comments as underlined by treehugr. Rather, I am confident that the system will work. If and when we return to the good old cruisin' days, it will be do to many factors. Luck, perseverance, hard work, patience, understanding and lessons learned. And, in spite of those folks who cry foul and demand apologies and invoke privilege, well, we all might just get along.

"The Beat Goes On."     

"I Got You Babe."

13 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

ECCruise, BP99 - I also concur.

It is patently obvious the cruise lines have been spending at a rate that exceeds their revenues. 

To not have a rainy day fund is the height of incompetence for any consumer and business owner and yes, government too. 

I would not assist Celebrity in any way, nor any cruise line. 

Rainy Day fund - yes.  Rainy Month fund- perhaps.  Six Month Typhoon fund- not likely.  Meteor Striking Earth fund- extinction.

So you think most individuals or companies or governments had enough foresight and saved resources to plan for this unexpected and very rapid global crisis?  Patently obvious? Incompetent? 

For whatever it means , whether true or not,  a few days ago a Celebrity Rep told me : 

" Your refund has been " processed ", however , Mr XXX it will take a few weeks to be " disbursed " . Kindly be patient and you should see it on you credit card shortly "

I did not ask her to further explain " A few weeks,  shortly , etc " .

I can only imagine some of the irate calls these front line Reps get--- absolutely not fair to them .