Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mozfoz

Oceania Big Price Reduction

Recommended Posts

On 5/1/2020 at 12:30 PM, basor said:

I heard a rumor that there will be an Oceania sale starting on Monday, 04MAY ….


Not seeing any sale today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JVNYC said:


Not seeing any sale today. 

Most Oceania  sales start on a Wed  

personally I cannot see  a sale happening   now   but you never know  people may be lured by  a discounted  price

 Maybe they will wait for the May long weekend  coming soon

JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Most Oceania  sales start on a Wed  

personally I cannot see  a sale happening   now   but you never know  people may be lured by  a discounted  price

 Maybe they will wait for the May long weekend  coming soon

JMO

There has already been a price reduction, 2 weeks ago. I had my TA re fare an August 2021 Baltic Marina cruise and saved over $700 pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Was it an advertised sale ?

 I am not looking at cruise for this year so never check

 

No, I just happened to look at my reservation in my account online, saw the price had dropped, and had my TA re book at the lower fare. I will monitor at least once a week to see if there are anymore reductions.

I am booked in a cat G inside guarantee but O has me a cabin assigned. As of today, that category is waitlisted. This is the least expensive cabin on the ship and there are only 4 so they sell fast. O uses them as advertising "starting at" fares that look enticingly low. This is the first time I have ever been able to book one.

Edited by susiesan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 1/2022 cruise went down $600 pp. Thanks for the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, JVNYC said:


Not seeing any sale today. 

Just  go to the cruise you want.....    I was booked for a 2021  Sept.(marina)  and my fare for a PH  went down  $3000 !  its out there amigo.... you need  to look     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan, when did you originally book? I am not seeing any change on the site in CAD from 7-10 days ago....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

Dan, when did you originally book? I am not seeing any change on the site in CAD from 7-10 days ago....

I booked  april 21    for a Sept 2021 cruise  using the deposit from a cruise I cancelled for Sept 2020.......   I went to the cruise  today ( 5-5 2020)  and the fare was $3000 less for a PH...  Some were only $2300 less.     Asked my agent  to re fare     

  was   16K  now 13K US( rounded)     Just look,  I did it today  Are you looking in Canadian dollars  or using Computer Aided  something   My prices are in american dollars  If  Canadian  maybe because of the instability  of the money  ....I do not know

Edited by Hawaiidan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dan! I guess the first time I looked at the cruise, it was already at the sale price, unfortunately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm booked on the Regatta April 4, 2021 sailing 18 days from Tahiti. There is no change in pricing  for this cruise in PH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been booked since last June with no change in price. Strange thing is, all PH categories are $600-900 LESS on the 2022 sailing yet both are listed on the "Ultimate" sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

I've been booked since last June with no change in price. Strange thing is, all PH categories are $600-900 LESS on the 2022 sailing yet both are listed on the "Ultimate" sale.

I wonder if you have to call  in order to get the new rate??

Seems odd  but might be worth checking with your TA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no change listed on the website yesterday for my April 2021 cruise (Marina Transatlantic) but when my TA called in the price dropped by $1000 for my category of room (A1 with Single Supplement Special).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope that people are getting reductions, but I hope all CCers are not throwing new money at this.

(Well, the ones on my ignore list can have at it...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

I do hope that people are getting reductions, but I hope all CCers are not throwing new money at this.

(Well, the ones on my ignore list can have at it...)

If they are on your ignore list, you'll never know 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe not ALL sailings are included in the  deal or was already discounted  when you booked??

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/ultimate-sale/

Interesting to note that as part of the Ultimate Sale are listed cruises in Europe in July, August, and September  2020 that are unlikely to happen. I don't know why O would keep selling cruises that they know will be cancelled to new passengers. I doubt there will even be regular flights to Europe from the US, Canada, or Australia to meet these cruises. maybe these sailings will be full of Europeans only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if you have to call  in order to get the new rate??

Seems odd  but might be worth checking with your TA

So, I checked with my TA and they confirmed with Oceania....The 2022 prices are $600-900 lower for a PH but they will not honor that price for the Same 2021 Tahiti cruise. This makes no sense!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

This makes no sense!!

Maybe not to you but obviously to someone at O marketing 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cayman09 said:

So, I checked with my TA and they confirmed with Oceania....The 2022 prices are $600-900 lower for a PH but they will not honor that price for the Same 2021 Tahiti cruise. This makes no sense!!

Perhaps they believe that Tahiti will not yet be open to cruisers in April?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cayman09 said:

So, I checked with my TA and they confirmed with Oceania....The 2022 prices are $600-900 lower for a PH but they will not honor that price for the Same 2021 Tahiti cruise. This makes no sense!!

I do not understand  why  you think  they would  give you the lower rate now 🙄

Things can change  by 2022 & the prices may rise  or the 2021  sailing could drop

I think  at the moment  they may have other more important worries

Just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just received an email from Oceania with the subject “The Ultimate Sale. Major Price Reductions.” I compared the cost of our Concierge Stateroom for August 2021 from some weeks ago to the cost listed today and guess what it’s the same! I should mention that we live in Australia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sunnies said:

I have just received an email from Oceania with the subject “The Ultimate Sale. Major Price Reductions.” I compared the cost of our Concierge Stateroom for August 2021 from some weeks ago to the cost listed today and guess what it’s the same! I should mention that we live in Australia. 

I guess the sale applies only to some cruises that don't sell as well?

We had a B2B2B on the Marina this Fall that we cancelled but would have saved over $3k from the prior fare if we kept the bookings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I guess the sale applies only to some cruises that don't sell as well?

We had a B2B2B on the Marina this Fall that we cancelled but would have saved over $3k from the prior fare if we kept the bookings.


That could be the case. However the cruise in question was “attached” to the email advertising the price reductions. A little misleading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...