What and when was the last Carnival cruise you took?

mek

2015,  Miracle,  Mexican Riviera.  I took the whole family.   It was a huge letdown in every area, except itinerary.  The food was atrocious, the ship was old and tacky. I was embarrassed.  Made me swear off Carnival for good.  

Elation out of Port Canaveral last August. We were supposed to sail on Legend beginning this Sunday. Looking to reschedule with the FCC+. Would like to book the Breeze in August but fear that may be too optimistic!

Carnival Miracle Panama Canal Journeys, March 5-19, 2020. Cruise got off to a bumpy start,  2 sea days and one port dropped from the 17 day cruise. Embarkation day went smoothly, as did the first 12 days did. Then the captain addressed us and told us what was going on. He said all ships were being recalled but we will finish our cruise with the final stop in Cabo. Well, the next day we were told no Cabo, we will be heading directly to San Francisco. Next message we can’t go to SF with no port for us at this time. Finally, we got a port, San Pedro and another day  chopped off the cruise.  Took us two flight cancellations and 13 hours to get home. Even with all the problems, we had a wonderful cruise with so many nice crew members

Edited by skrufy
Correction

Booked a last minute cruise on the Valor for 1/23/20 for my bd. I usually don't cruise for my bd but for some reason decided to do it this year. Glad we did as it might be my only cruise for a while. 

My last Carnival cruise?  It's been longer than most of you!  Try 2014 aboard Carnival's then newest ship, the Breeze.  We did the 8-day Southern Caribbean. GREAT itinerary.  To be honest, it was a great cruise.  Stayed in a cove balcony.. 

5 hours ago, mek said:

I was pleasantly surprised.  I knew going in that it is an older ship and the cabins are small.  Everything was well maintained and the dining rooms had a complete makeover - they looked nothing like they way they used to.  The buffet was still the crazy decor from the 90's but the food was pretty good.  The hot buffet was very small.  Guys burgers and the cantina by the pool were great!  We took a 5 year old on his first cruise and he had a blast - it was the perfect ship and just the right number of days for him.  

It was just in dry dock last month, so we're curious to see it freshened up. Not that we know what it was like before. We do not like the design of the Limelight and Liquid Lounges on the Horizon, and now they've given the Elation the Limelight Lounge. I'm hoping it has a little bit better layout than Horizon's. The layout of the ship is going to be so much different than we're used to, but that's part of the excitement building up to it.

July 2008, the Spirit, Vancouver northbound to Alaska, trip of a lifetime. We were in a Vista wrap suite and our besties were in the wrap suite on the opposite corner. There were only four aft cabins in between so we could move between our huge decks and not miss a thing. If you can make it happen the Vista Suites are the best cabins for an Alaskan cruise and I am glad we did it when the cruises were one way, you get to see so much more than the round trips. 

We had enjoyed cruising for years but started going to Vegas a lot and they are similar so I guess we got lost in Las Vegas, lol! Hubby retired last year and I decided a return to cruising would be part of our retirement plan. My first move was to book the Vista Easter Week this year and take our daughter, SIL and grandson. Then I booked a Havana Vista balcony for May 2021 to celebrate our 45th Anniversary and the Sailabration Cruise on the Panorama for March 2022. 

Obviously we are not off to a great start. I rebooked the first cruise to July 25 but have had to pull the plug again and now we sail Easter Week 2021. So I will probably have to cancel the Anniversary cruise but I am not ready to give up that Havana Vista balcony just yet. Hopefully the Sailabration will be something to celebrate!

If anything the situation we all find ourselves in now has made me even more determined to stick with the plan, we will eventually get back on a ship and begin our retirement cruise life. It will be our first time with Cheers (20% discount!) and $600 OBC, let the fun begin! 

We were last on the Jan 5, 2020 sailing of the Freedom out of Galvestion, had a fantastic time.  Thanks for the reminder I need to do a short review of the trip.  Our next is in February 2021 out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Breeze (our favorite ship so far). 

Pic is not of the Freedom but I took the pic from our balcony.  🙂

IMG_5796.JPG

Edited by Gumbo4Life

Carnival Spirit on The 14th March 2020, out of Melbourne.. We got temparture checked. Luckly it was just a 2 night cruise to Sydney. After about 2 hours, we got a letter saying our next cruise was cancelled & this is what Carnival has offered us. They gave us free wi-Fi, since we where doing B2B. I think this was the last Carnival cruise to depart a port Worldwide????

8-night aboard the Sunshine April 2019.  Odd how it lined up: good prices on flights and ship, great itinerary.  Visited Grand Turk, St Kitts, San Juan, and St Maarten.  

I do miss it, we were planning on one this year (about this time is when we usually go) but could not find anything decent (flights were unjustifiable).  In retrospect, I'm glad it did not pan out!

We sailed on the Breeze at the end of January 2020.  It was the first month of retirement and I was planning on several more cruises this year. 

So far, we had to cancel our European cruise for next month but we're hoping to be cruising later in the year. 😉

19 hours ago, bartzcrew said:

Just got off the Imagination, 3/8-3/12, 2020!

We were on that cruise as well.  It was a nice little get away.  Had I known this would be our last cruise for quite a while, I would have booked a much longer voyage! 😁

I sailed out of Baltimore on the Pride to the Bahamas leaving on February 16, 2020 and Returning March 1, 2020 it was my first B2B.  It was great.  We did have some weather on the first leg so we arrived super late in Baltimore which was terrible for many that had flights etc.  But since I wasn't leaving the ship I had no worries and even more time to spend the the wonderful people I met on Leg 1 of the sailing.   Praying things settle and we win this fight with Corvid19 so I can head out on Carnival again

13 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

We were on that cruise as well.  It was a nice little get away.  Had I known this would be our last cruise for quite a while, I would have booked a much longer voyage! 😁

We had intentionally booked the short one to get us through to the one we have in Sept! But I agree. That cruise was so nice and not crowded! 

• Like 1

Our last Carnival Cruise was the Bare Necessities Clothing Optional Charter on the Legend out of Tampa, Feb 23 through March 1,  2020.

Went from Tampa to Key West, Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel and back to Tampa.

It was a great time and we are so happy we got a cruise in right before this madness.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:03 AM, Saint Greg said:

I was fortunate to get my cruise in before the shutdown. Carnival Panorama 02/29-03/08. Long Beach > Cabo > Mazatlan >Puerto Vallarta. We were held over an extra day for a Covid-19 test.

https://saintgregtravel.com/category/cruise-blog/panorama/

And I was on the cruise delayed as you were debarked while my ship, the IMAGINATION just sat dead in the water as we waited for you to get out of the way. Instead of leaving at 4:30, we didn't leave until 9:00 ! No harm, no foul, first port was Catalina a mere 26 miles away (think Beach Boys). 🙂

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 1

One year ago yesterday we departed on the Carnival Paradise on a 5 day cruise to Key West and Havana. We had Cuba on or bucket list for a long time and were super excited to go! During this cruise was when it was announced that the Trump administration was going to be rolling back the abilities to travel to Cuba. So glad we got to go when we did. It was a heck of a vacation with a lot of firsts. It was the first time we cruised without our little once since she was born, first time cruising out of Tampa, first time on the Paradise, first time to Cuba. And Cuba was everything we thought it would be! 

Have a girls cruise booked on the Conquest for October...so now just waiting to see if that one will happen! 

7 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Our last Carnival Cruise was the Bare Necessities Clothing Optional Charter on the Legend out of Tampa, Feb 23 through March 1,  2020.

I think I need more details 😛