Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, justKirbo said:

I think one of the links about the next wave of cancelations said they'd be refunding for those that wanted payment returned on May 22. I could be totally wrong, but having an actual date made me think the refunds might actually all show up by then.

 

My refund form also said May 22nd...but it was for the FCC option.  Getting cash refund would be 45 days.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

My refund form also said May 22nd...but it was for the FCC option.  Getting cash refund would be 45 days.  

I'm actually thinking maybe I got it wrong because I'm not seeing what I thought I read anywhere. I must have confused what you have for the FCC option with the cash option. I should probably delete my other comment since I think it is wrong.

ETA I can't seem to delete or edit my previous post.

Edited by justKirbo
Wanted to delete my previous post but was unable to.
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, justKirbo said:

I'm actually thinking maybe I got it wrong because I'm not seeing what I thought I read anywhere. I must have confused what you have for the FCC option with the cash option. I should probably delete my other comment since I think it is wrong.

ETA I can't seem to delete or edit my previous post.

 

Here you go:  

 

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to re-book a new cruise by December 31, 2021 for sailings departing on or before April 30th, 2022.

This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance. 
We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by May 22nd, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do! 

 

And this:  

 

  • Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit. 
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you. 
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits. 
  • You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, mariamtzj said:

Has anyone received their full refunds yet? Our cruise was canceled about a month ago and still nothing...

Sounds like I may be one of the lucky ones.  We were to have a group sail on the Adventure of the Seas on March 14th.  We made it as far as the Detroit airport on the 13th before finding out the cruise had been cancelled.  We got a call on March 25th and 26th from the RCCL group department asking if we wanted a refund or FCC.  We chose the refund.  The full refund appeared on my credit card on April 3rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Russ Lomas said:

Sounds like I may be one of the lucky ones.  We were to have a group sail on the Adventure of the Seas on March 14th.  We made it as far as the Detroit airport on the 13th before finding out the cruise had been cancelled.  We got a call on March 25th and 26th from the RCCL group department asking if we wanted a refund or FCC.  We chose the refund.  The full refund appeared on my credit card on April 3rd.

 

The earlier cancellations were much quicker...now there is a bottle neck of refunds to be made that are piling up...adding another 30 days to that did not help either.   Will be a much longer wait now...I am just going to be patient and wait.  All I can do.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Daughter & I are still waiting on the refunds from our March 15th Freedom. It was cancelled the night we were returning from the 1st part of our B2B,  ( 14th ). We ended up going to Miami to get our flights home.on the 17th. I notified my TA upon my return that we wished a full refund. As of today it is 30 days from notifying her so we keep checking our CC's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

Sounds like I may be one of the lucky ones.  We were to have a group sail on the Adventure of the Seas on March 14th.  We made it as far as the Detroit airport on the 13th before finding out the cruise had been cancelled.  We got a call on March 25th and 26th from the RCCL group department asking if we wanted a refund or FCC.  We chose the refund.  The full refund appeared on my credit card on April 3rd.

You are the first and only one I have heard getting a full cruise fare refund for a cruise Royal cancelled (during this suspension).

Edited by C Dog
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final payment was made the first of March and is still eligible for a disputed charge.  I have  a 2K deposit that I made a year ago and obviously can not be disputed.  Should I dispute the 5K that I just paid and wait for the 2K to be returned?  I'm wondering if doing this will cause any issues with getting the 2K refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, C Dog said:

You are the first and only one I have heard getting a full cruise fare refund for a cruise Royal cancelled (during this suspension).

I cannot speak for others, but I was happy that the group representatives actually CALLED ME and I did not have to call RCCL to request the refund.  I was also very happy the refund was applied directly to my credit card and it showed up a day before my monthly bill came in so I did not have to pay out $6000 to cover the monthly bill, only to have the cruise credit appear on the next statement as a credit.  Guess I got lucky this time around (other than having my cruise cancelled on me).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

  I have  a 2K deposit that I made a year ago and obviously can not be disputed.  

 

 

Wait, is there a time limit that a charge can be disputed?  I have on refundable deposit for a September cruise that I made over a year ago that I want back.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scarlette said:

Wait, is there a time limit that a charge can be disputed? 

Yes, typically about 90 days - another reason not to book anything outside of final payment in the current environment. You can cancel that refundable deposit and get cash back at any time, but if you decided you are not going, I wouldn't wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, typically about 90 days - another reason not to book anything outside of final payment in the current environment. You can cancel that refundable deposit and get cash back at any time, but if you decided you are not going, I wouldn't wait.

 

Yes, I cancelled mid March and like everyone else, waiting on the refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, typically about 90 days - another reason not to book anything outside of final payment in the current environment. You can cancel that refundable deposit and get cash back at any time, but if you decided you are not going, I wouldn't wait.

This is the route we took and the charge was over 90 days so we had to write a letter, on paper, and mail it through something called the post office??  Anyway, joking aside, hopefully the credit card company will reverse the charge.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Friday All,

 

I should consider myself blessed/lucky.  It is unfortunate to hear everyone's wait time and I wish everyone the best.  We have also received a full refund (confirmed our amount) for our cruise and the amenities we purchased (soda package, massage, 3 nights dinner package for 4, cupcake decorating class, Voom for 2, etc..).

 

Our Cruise was originally scheduled for April 12 and we canceled on April 1.  Received the refund on one card on April 10 and the other on April 14.  Then we received an email from RCCL also confirming the refund and cancellation.

 

Good luck to all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 20165 said:

This is the route we took and the charge was over 90 days so we had to write a letter, on paper, and mail it through something called the post office??  Anyway, joking aside, hopefully the credit card company will reverse the charge.

 

To whom did you address your letter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 11:48 PM, Jonbiloh said:

 

You're not correct here. I received an email notice from RCL on March 15th advising of the cancellation.

 

So far I am:

 

0/3 for stateroom refunds

0/4 pre-cruise purchases

1/0 non-requested FCC

 

Meanwhile RCL continues to use our money as a cash float.  

So basically they paid the electric company with a check written out to the gas company.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, mariamtzj said:

Has anyone received their full refunds yet? Our cruise was canceled about a month ago and still nothing...

My cruise was just cancelled today. I requested the refund and was told it will take 45-60 days to hit my credit card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

 

2.  I was going to use the FCC to apply to a 6/7/20 cruise; anticipating the cruise would then be cancelled and I would get a full  cash refund. Question:  would that have happened or would I have just got my original FCC back?

 

I don't know if they will give you cash or FCC but given the current situation with refunds right now, it sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yankee123 said:

Happy Friday All,

 

I should consider myself blessed/lucky.  It is unfortunate to hear everyone's wait time and I wish everyone the best.  We have also received a full refund (confirmed our amount) for our cruise and the amenities we purchased (soda package, massage, 3 nights dinner package for 4, cupcake decorating class, Voom for 2, etc..).

 

Our Cruise was originally scheduled for April 12 and we canceled on April 1.  Received the refund on one card on April 10 and the other on April 14.  Then we received an email from RCCL also confirming the refund and cancellation.

 

Good luck to all.

 

Thanks for sharing that encouraging news. Hopefully others who have received their refunds will share, too. We just requested ours yesterday.

 

I have seen some tweets from people saying they are going to invoice RCI for their interest charges, which I find kind of silly (and unreasonable) since they were going to have to pay those anyway whether or not their cruise got cancelled or they requested a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

I cancelled our cruise with our Big Box TA on 3/9/20.  Everytime I call RCCL to ask where the FCC is, they give me a different answer.  Today the answer was "We have emailed our back office.  Because you are with a 'group booking', it is in process.  We may have an answer next week. " Wow.


Here are my thoughts:

 

1.  I wasn't part of any "group booking" that I was aware of or signed up for.  It was just 3 of us booking through the Big Box TA.  I am not happy being grouped together with my Big Box TA/other customers and knowing they are delaying what is rightfully mine (it has been 30+ days now) -and- blaming on some group booking mentality.

 

2.  I was going to use the FCC to apply to a 6/7/20 cruise; anticipating the cruise would then be cancelled and I would get a full  cash refund. Question:  would that have happened or would I have just got my original FCC back?

 

3.  I feel like RCCL is just waiting to cancel the "re-booked"  6/7/20 cruise so I don't do apply the alleged FCC to this cruise.  They want to keep me hostage with my FCC (almost $4k) so I can continue this insane customer experience with them.


I feel like RCCL is just taking advantage of people at this point.  I have lost any loyalty to them I had.

 

Big Box TAs will often put you in a group without your knowledge in order to give you a better price and/or perks. 

If you use an FCC for a future cruise that also gets cancelled you will get the original FCC returned in the form of an FCC. 

Please Note FCC.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Let us know if the credit card reverses the charges after they do their investigation. 

We got our entire refund today! Not sure if it was due to dispute or not. But it’s all there. Broken down into 3 deposits. This was for a 3/22/20 cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...