Family reunion cruise cancelled, RCL CS was amazing

We unfortunately, but understandably had to cancel our family reunion cruise for Aug.  We (my immediate family) are avid cruisers so we have many sailings under our belts.  A lot of our extended family either had been on just a couple or none at all.  We set up this cruise about 18 months ago.  So this is a disappointing reality, but we think its best course of action.  We typically go to Disney or a family all inclusive for our reunions that take place every  every 5 years (just about)...

I have read so many negative stories about RCL or some other lines have treated the canceled guests.  However,  we set this up directly with Royal a long time ago. When I called to cancel, they were AMAZINGLY helpful.  And even though we cancelled prior to our cruise being cancelled they still were very accommodating.  I thought posting this would just show that they not everyone is having those difficulties that some other folks have experienced.

hope you all find this message well.

God bless our unlikely HEROS of the world.  

• Like 4

Had you made your final payments?  When did you cancel and when did you get your refund?  They were very accomadating 4 weeks ago when I cancelled our September cruises, no refunds yet.  Talk is nice, but it has no buying power.

Cruise not until August so before final payment...  so completely different boat than most people lately.

Post very short on particulars like refund/FCC/etc... whether refundable deposit... whether they got any refund yet.

Royal Caribbean has some of the nicest customer service folk I've had the pleasure to deal with... that doesn't change that refunds/credits aren't being issued very quickly. I'm still waiting on refunds from them for cruise planner cancellations.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

35 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Cruise not until August so before final payment...  so completely different boat than most people lately.

Post very short on particulars like refund/FCC/etc... whether refundable deposit... whether they got any refund yet.

Royal Caribbean has some of the nicest customer service folk I've had the pleasure to deal with... that doesn't change that refunds/credits aren't being issued very quickly. I'm still waiting on refunds from them for cruise planner cancellations.

In past when Hurricane hit Florida took 4-6 weeks people get FCC/Refunds, this Crisis is 10times worse. Takes 4-6weeks now get all mine no complaints... Agree, in over 20yrs talking with Royal, never an issue. Most time(before now), send quick email change my Booking and been responsive. When called them 4 times in last 4 weeks get price reductions and no wait,...