Rhapsody 7 night v. Empress 8 night

We are planning a December cruise, family of 4 with college age son and daughter.  I have found two cruises that fit the bill, but would be great to have some advice.  We like a good beach day and a good adventure hiking and exploring, so open to almost anything! We are big fans of snorkeling.

I believe the ships are very similar, but would be happy to hear about the ships.

The two itineraries are very different, and that's mostly what I'm wondering about.  We've been to Costa Maya and Cozumel, going back would be great. None of us have visited the other ports.

The Rhapsody Itinerary

carw_00141.gif

The Empress Itinerary

cari_3424888.jpg

Edited by cruisingcasual

Personally I would pick rhapsody.   I am booked for this same itinerary.  I have been to all of these stops except gir key west.  I think college aged kids will enjoy this itinerary better than the empress itinerary.  Plus empress is smaller and older.  Not sure college kids would enjoy the empress.

I would choose Rhapsody as well. Empress it too small for my  liking. Rhapsody had a great crew and great service when we sailed the Greek Isles in 2018.

Edited by depplep
Grammar

Rhapsody.

But hold on to your money.  Cruising will be the very last thing to get back to normal.  I wouldn't be booking anything until there is a vaccine or at the very least an antibody test.  With the best will in the world no cruise line will be allowed to sail before passenger safety from Covid-19 is assured.