Refunds, FCC’s, Insurance Claims & such

With the current Covid-17 situation presented I can only guess (presume) that travel insurance outfits have an out for various claims.

We’ve really only purchased coverage for medical transport from foreign areas / ports ( plus all the lost luggage & other stuff) if needed. 
We have filed claims for charges associated with infirmary visits while aboard on prior cruises with no problems,

Well see if various trip interruption claims I’ve filed will work out during this period will also work.

No worries... We’re all living if you’re reading this, no?

Be well.

Bob

I checked my policy, and while it will cover trip cancellation due to me becoming ill, it won't cover the trip being canceled due to a pandemic. It's expected that the airlines, cruise lines, etc. will provide refunds if they have to cancel (and my insurance will reimburse me in the event the service providers can't refund due to insolvency). My policy also allowed me to cancel it for a credit (for use on a future trip) in the event that the trip was canceled in advance and the insurance wasn't used, which I have applied for. We'll see how it works out but I'd say this is a reasonable level of risk mitigation short of cancel-for-any-reason coverage which would have cost over twice as much.