The Daily for Tuesday Apr 14, 2020

richwmn

today is National Pecan Pie Day  and International Moment of Laughter Day

Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

Has anyone ever tried Porcupine Meatballs? (It not what you think)

Stirrip Cay Grand Bahama Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Veendam
Zuiderdam
Volendam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Zaandam
Rotterdam

Puerto Vallarta MX
Eurodam

La Paz Anchorage
Westerdam

Cabo San Lucas Anchorage
Oosterdam

At Sea Pacific
Noordam destination San Pedro CA eta 4/24
Maasdam waiting for orders off La Paz
Koningsdam off Nicaragua destination San Pedro

Indian Ocean
Amsterdam destination Batam Indonesia eta 4/26

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

No -- I have never heard of porcupine meatballs.   Please tell us about them.

Basically ground beef meat balls with rice cooked inside. I guess the meat doesn't have to be beef but that is what the recipe suggests.

• Like 2

The Eurodam has left LaPaz and appears to be headed to San Pedro (ETA  noon 4/16) and then Indonesia and Philippines.  That seems to be consistent with this post:

On 4/12/2020 at 5:12 PM, slidergirl said:

I did not see any answers to the questions I have about this:

1.  article said going to Los Angeles first to debark crew that needs to go to Europe to flights home at LAX.  Has the ship received permission to dock either at Long Beach or San Pedro?  Does the departing crew have HAL charters home or are they going to rely on the few commercial flights? 

2.  I did not see anything anywhere that said the Eurodam has permission to do provisioning and fueling at any of the ports along that LONG cruise.  Do they have something or are they going to rely "on the kindness of strangers" to get the crew home?

Only asking because plans lately on all of the cruise lines have been rather sketchy and were relying on last-second approvals for everything from docking to provisioning to fueling to debarking.  I sure hope HAL got their act together and has everything deliberately planned and approved before taking this on. 

I hope this will all work out.

Edited by rafinmd

Thank you for today’s report, Rich! Good morning mis dos hermanas & fellow CCers!

I bet ground turkey or chicken would work with that recipe & the right sauce. Thank you for the meal idea.

Pecan pie & A Moment of Laughter! What a great combo!

Stay well everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Daily! 

I've made Porcupines for years - and always have to have a big casserole of them on hand when DS comes home for Christmas.  I learned about them from my Aunt, and still use her original recipe.  For those who haven't heard of them, it's a combination of ground beef/pork, rice (I always use Minute Rice), onions, S & P, made into meatballs which are browned in a frypan.  Then they're placed in a casserole with slightly thinned down tomato soup (lots and lots of it), and baked for an hour till the rice is cooked.   Yum!  

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I haven't made porcupine meatballs in ages.  Thanks for another great meal suggestion.

I hope everyone can enjoy a little laughter today.

And there's a great shot of the Veendam on the webcam, thanks for mentioning that 1ANGELCAT.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2

mis dos hermanas, To Rich, and our wonderful CCers!

GOOD MORNING!! I finally woke up to SUNSHINE THIS AM👍 A week of rain was enough!

My mom used to make them whenI was a child!! Pecan pie was my mom’s fav! I remember trying to bake her the pie as a surprise when I was in High School!🙄 I burnt the pecans but she had a smile on her face and said it was the best👍
Memory lane.

Have a great day all!

Denise😊

• Like 3

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the daily and words of inspiration.

Good morning to my sisters Denise and Cat.

I love pecan pie. My dear MIL taught me the secret to the best pie. We even have pecans shipped in from Georgia.

I haven't made "porkypine" meatballs in years..

I keep watching for our hummers to come home. They were already here last year. But their "dinner table" is set when they come hungry. Allen and I found a hummingbird nest down below on our trail a few years ago. We kept the secret so no one would go looking for them. There we 3 babies hatched! So now you know. I love hummingbirds!

Have a wonderful, awesome, sunny day!

Joy

• Like 3

Thanks for the report, Rich.  What would we do without you!  

With 7 ships in the Bahamas, I wonder what is going to happen to all the crew on those ships.  Perhaps one ship will be assigned to take some home, but that would be a lot of crew.  

We have been discussing future travel - my plan is not to go anywhere until there is a vaccine!

I'm a bit late here....

Thanks Rich for your Daily.  You are so dedicated to keeping all of us posted.  I am sure I am not alone in saying THANK YOU!!!

Oh my, really, Porcupine Meatballs?  Oh yes!  My mother made them often, a mixture of ground beef and rice.  We had them many a time.  I have never made them so now must find a recipe similar to my Mom's. 

• Like 1