My husband died of Covid-19. I NEED that refund

cinnamon

3 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

I am very pleased to report that I have had a full refund of the Quest cruise we were meant to take on 28th March. 

I would like to thank Bonnie for passing this up the line and Patrice Willoughby at head office. These interventions allowed my agent to agree the refund and the money arrived in my account today. 

This has taken a huge pressure off my finances and I’ll be able to pay for the very simple funeral, which is all that is allowed. 

Thank you for coming back and letting us know that Azamara repaid you. It’s good to hear that, thanks to Bonnie’s intervention, they prioritised your repayment.  

Thank goodness Corinne, one less thing for you to worry about at this difficult time.

Kudos to Azamara for doing the right thing in the end.  Thinking of you and dear John.

We were notified this morning that our June 4th cruise is cancelled but so far not the June 11th although this will inevitably be cancelled too.

Well done Bonnie for sorting this tragic situation, all our thoughts are with Connie and her family at this very sad time. 
It’s a pity that it has taken a dreadful set of circumstances for Azamara to finally provide a positive outcome . There is an increasing number of cruisers who are still waiting for refunds and being told that the money is coming to then finding out it is going to be even longer before the refund arrives. You would have thought that they would at least try and repair the damage to their reputation and brand but is seems they are beyond caring. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cinnamon said:

I am very pleased to report that I have had a full refund of the Quest cruise we were meant to take on 28th March. 

I would like to thank Bonnie for passing this up the line and Patrice Willoughby at head office. These interventions allowed my agent to agree the refund and the money arrived in my account today. 

This has taken a huge pressure off my finances and I’ll be able to pay for the very simple funeral, which is all that is allowed. 

I'm so glad you've received your funds!

Please take care of yourself, and know all of us are thinking of you during this difficult time.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Thank you for coming back and letting us know that Azamara repaid you. It’s good to hear that, thanks to Bonnie’s intervention, they prioritised your repayment.  

I am not privy to the status of individual refunds, but my impression is that these particular funds had reached the HQ of her travel advisor when I was made aware of the situation.  Travel sellers are important partners in the sales of cruises. When they receive a client's refund from us, there is some accounting to do on their end. I imagine each travel company has their own processes and timelines. Thus the variations in receipt time for the client. So in this case, I believe it was the TA that prioritized the repayment, and credit goes to them. My role was simply calling attention to the situation. Everyone else took it from there.

(Just pointing out that there can be more than one sticking point in this process.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My deepest sympathy to you Connie you have put things in perspective for a lot of people. It is so sad you had to take to this forum to get the help you deserve, sad your agent did not do battle for you in this time of need.

• Like 1

Corinne - I was so shocked and saddened to hear your awful news of John's death and the terrible problems you were encountering with receiving your refund. At least the latter has now been resolved but you really didn't need to go through all of that in addition to your devastating loss.

Sending my heartfelt sympathy.

Lynne x