Chances of sailing June 1

4 hours ago, ssbeard1 said:

We are set to sail independence of the seas on June 1 for 4 nights.   We have 3 cabins.    With the extension of the CDC’s quarantine of cruise ships for “at least 100 days” do we stand a chance of sailing?   When do you think RCL will cancel ?

You have zero chance of going on your cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I want so bad to cancel airline tickets but I am waiting for a confirmation on our June 7th cruise out of New York.  :0 I know it won't go, but I have to hear it or see it in writing before I cancel the airline tickets.  UUUGGGGG   Just do this already so I can cancel everything and get that off my mind!

Since Carnival has pulled the plug on EVERY NYC sailing for the remainder of 2020, I have a hunch that Royal will the do the same to their cruises out of Bayonne.  (New Jersey, not NY).   My opinion is that the Oasis making it up here is very doubtful.

• Like 2

My daughter got an email from Stanford today that said they are looking into doing fall quarter online. I don’t think they would send that email unless they thought there was a strong chance that they can’t let kids on campus by then. Stanford doesn’t even start school until the end of September, so...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

me too, that’s a doomed  cruise for us too. We did get our FCC for our cancelled April 3 cruise, but still waiting for the refund of the tax, fees and port charges. This one I want cash back

Me too.  Took the 125% on our cancelled Grandeur cruise, but want the cash returned on this one.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Since Carnival has pulled the plug on EVERY NYC sailing for the remainder of 2020, I have a hunch that Royal will the do the same to their cruises out of Bayonne.  (New Jersey, not NY).   My opinion is that the Oasis making it up here is very doubtful.

Out of all of the cruises cancelled I'm sad about the Oasis not coming to Cape Liberty. Personally you couldn't get me on one of those ships for free but It is was a rare opportunity and I know many were looking forward to that class sailing from this area.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Took the 125% on our cancelled Grandeur cruise, but want the cash returned on this one.  

Same here. I took the FCC for our cancelled March cruise, but to be honest, it was such a pain applying it to our August cruise (transferred to three different customer service reps after explaining my situation and verifying identity each time, the final rep had to put me on hold for 30 minutes and he was very difficult to communicate with as our VOIP connection was spotty, quiet, and had a delay) that I'll just be taking a refund for our May cruise even though I'm sure we'll be cruising more through 2021.

Now I do wonder what my chances of that August 3rd cruise are? 😬

Got a e mail from Royal this morning  telling me about planning for my upcoming cruise in Oct. They didn't forget I have the next one in 40 days in May . You can believe they have already planned  on writing May off just like my April  but just waiting for last minute hoping for  cancelation  without cash returns .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

we took the 125 on our cancelled Serenade, but we also want the cash for this one. Still shows its sailing, but that will change soon, especially with Carnivals latest update.

We were disappointed because the  Serenade would have made us D+

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

Just now, Borat said:

without taking over the thread, if so many people are giving june 1 a 0% chance, what about 7/1? 8/1? when will chances increase?

The more I listen to the new the more I fear that the summer is lost. On NBC news this morning they had reported that people in China who had already recovered from Covid were infected for a second time. This doesn't promise much hope for immunity and a vaccine. I'm sure there is more to this story but will have to wait until the story develops further.

37 minutes ago, jen52683 said:

Same here. I took the FCC for our cancelled March cruise, but to be honest, it was such a pain applying it to our August cruise (transferred to three different customer service reps after explaining my situation and verifying identity each time, the final rep had to put me on hold for 30 minutes and he was very difficult to communicate with as our VOIP connection was spotty, quiet, and had a delay) that I'll just be taking a refund for our May cruise even though I'm sure we'll be cruising more through 2021.

Now I do wonder what my chances of that August 3rd cruise are? 😬

Planning on patiently waiting for my 125% NCC.  I have a lot of cruises booked for next year and will simply apply it to one of them.  But from this point forward, each one that is cancelled after that...will take the refund.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Borat said:

without taking over the thread, if so many people are giving june 1 a 0% chance, what about 7/1? 8/1? when will chances increase?

From what I am reading...good chance for another announcement today.  

Edited by island lady

8 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The more I listen to the new the more I fear that the summer is lost. On NBC news this morning they had reported that people in China who had already recovered from Covid were infected for a second time. This doesn't promise much hope for immunity and a vaccine. I'm sure there is more to this story but will have to wait until the story develops further.

Omg please dont listen to nbc. They are spreading that crap based on nothing. Absolutely nothing. Dig into the facts deeper before believing media mob. Get the actual facts. Scientific facts. As you said there is much more to it and if you dig into it,it has no facts and has been debunked. The media is the biggest virus out there.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Omg please dont listen to nbc. They are spreading that crap based on nothing. Absolutely nothing. Dig into the facts deeper before believing media mob. Get the actual facts. Scientific facts. As you said there is much more to it and if you dig into it,it has no facts and has been debunked. The media is the biggest virus out there.

My wife works as an administrator in the medical field she has been setting up conference calls for the Doctors and interns who are working on clinical studies for the virus. I'm sure this will come up in today's call. 

• Thanks 1

It will depend on where you are sailing from. If it takes place in the US and you are going to Europe.. the chances are quite low. If its Europe or UK , then they might adjust the route or even the whole programm or even offer some other kind of entertainment. In any case its funny how people are still hoping to go on a cruise these days. Just stay at home people, stay home and relax 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1