Jump to content

Chances of sailing June 1


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow..........can't figure out what "No Sail Order Means"   Really? think they may have laid off the wrong people at RCCL?

 

Their response is ridiculous.  They know exactly what this means, just like all the other lines do.  They just don't want to act on it.

 

Other outlets are starting to pick up on this story too.  I understand why they aren't doing it (hoping for the CDC to reduce the number of days), but at a certain point, the writing is on the wall, and they need to do right by their customers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ssbeard1 said:

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of 125% FCC vs refund.   We paid for 3 cabins - the FCC is tempting. 

Read this thread it will persuade you to take the cash if you have a choice between the two

 

 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Last week I was sent a Royal Up bid for a May 31 cruise. I didn’t bite  and I don’t expect it to sail. 

 

I am not canceling, I would rather wait for RCCL to cancel so I can get a refund and not FCC
 

m


I got the same royal up email for our May 31 cruise on Harmony. I didn’t bite either because I’m sure (and hope) that it’s cancelled so I can get cash back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, adidas5676 said:

Royal is happy to take any money you are willing to give them.  Just be prepared to not get anything in return, at least for a LONG time.

This is very true....RCCL is happy to take payment (deposit/final) on cruises that are not going to happen, when they cancel most people take the FCC, RCCL keep the cash...… Not really free cash, but none the less cash to keep the afloat. 

Edited by Got Out There
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

 

Their response is ridiculous.  They know exactly what this means, just like all the other lines do.  They just don't want to act on it.

 

Other outlets are starting to pick up on this story too.  I understand why they aren't doing it (hoping for the CDC to reduce the number of days), but at a certain point, the writing is on the wall, and they need to do right by their customers.

Stall and mislead. 
 

In my opinion 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ssbeard1 said:

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of 125% FCC vs refund.   We paid for 3 cabins - the FCC is tempting. 

Pretty simply you got it all back and you book again maybe on a different line next time.

 

125% gets you 25% discount but they got you locked in and keep your money interest free for what is looking more like 9 months.  Who knows maybe they go bankrupt and you got NOTHING.

 

I'd take the 125% under most circumstance, but with these days I'd take the refund, there is NO certainty that these cruiselines will survive, LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"hoping for the CDC to reduce the number of days"    .... if only that were true. But it's not.

So many people on CC are missing the big picture. The number of days is irrelevant; the tone and content of the directive are everything. The tone is as hard-line as a government agency can get, and the content amounts to:    "Overhaul your operation entirely, take on massive new responsibilities, spend whatever you have to (no whining about how it's too expensive to cruise safely in a coronavirus world) ... or stay parked for eternity."

The CDC is entirely right, by the way. The cruise industry has been playing games for a long, long time ... and has suddenly hit an absolute brick wall. The virus isn't going anyplace in July, the need for social distancing isn't going anyplace in July - and Carnival, Royal and NCL aren't going anyplace, either.

Arnold Donald of CCL said as much in a recent video interview: Cruising doesn't resume until social distancing goes away.

So there's no point to the "100 days or 120 days" question, or the "when did the order take effect?" question. No conditions are changing this summer, and cruising can't resume until they do. 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sitting here having a decent glass of red wine just wondering why people are so hell bent on cruising when nobody is safely prepared to have any ship sail with passengers.  No vaccine, no cruise.  And RCCL, quit taking deposits and final payments when you know the ships won’t sail.  As I slowly sip on a decent cab.  Best to all.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:


I got the same royal up email for our May 31 cruise on Harmony. I didn’t bite either because I’m sure (and hope) that it’s cancelled so I can get cash back.

 

I am waiting on same cruise as well.   Expect to get that email anytime now that it is cancelled.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Sitting here having a decent glass of red wine just wondering why people are so hell bent on cruising when nobody is safely prepared to have any ship sail with passengers.  No vaccine, no cruise.  And RCCL, quit taking deposits and final payments when you know the ships won’t sail.  As I slowly sip on a decent cab.  Best to all.  

There is no way cruises will begin before next year, in fact I would guess at least a year from now...….The need for a vaccine is paramount, without it cases will continue to happen, period.  The new normal a month or more after we come down from the peak will continue to include social distancing at a minimum.  This will last until a vaccine is readily available.  One year minimum. 

 

Until then, as you said above, RCCL will continue to take your new reservations and your payments, fully knowing that the cruise will not happen for many months.  I saw book on for those of you that want to provide RCCL with interest free loans.....

Edited by Got Out There
add info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Sitting here having a decent glass of red wine just wondering why people are so hell bent on cruising when nobody is safely prepared to have any ship sail with passengers.  No vaccine, no cruise.  And RCCL, quit taking deposits and final payments when you know the ships won’t sail.  As I slowly sip on a decent cab.  Best to all.  

It's not only RCCL , checking other boards it's the same. I believe the complaints on NCL are far above Carnival and RCCL.

 

They are all in the same boat  so to speak. At least Carnival has stopped cruises until at least June 27th. Can't say the same for NCL and RCCL. I'm sure they all have the same information/recommendations/directives from CDC.

 

Just stop taking people's money for deposits, they are working with your money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just stop taking people's money for deposits, they are working with your money.

I don't blame the cruise lines for taking people's money who are willing to give it. That's the only way others will get their money back. If there was ever a time for buyer beware it's now. There is a drink package thread where people are asking how far out can you purchase it. Hello! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't blame the cruise lines for taking people's money who are willing to give it. That's the only way others will get their money back. If there was ever a time for buyer beware it's now. There is a drink package thread where people are asking how far out can you purchase it. Hello! 

“You can’t fix stupid”

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...