Partition In Suites?

I had the Alaska Glacier Discovery Northbound on Noordam booked for 5/24 for myself, my wife, and her mother, which is now canceled. We had a verandah cabin for my wife and myself and the inside across the hall for her mom. Now she's concerned about her being claustrophobic and would like the balcony room next to us. The 125% FCC makes up for the price increase on our room, but the single supplement for my MIL to have a verandah room stings a bit, so I was considering getting a Neptune suite for the 3 of us. I'd save over $1000 over two verandah cabins and gain free WiFi (through the Have It All sale) and all the other suite perks, and the only drawback is the shared bathroom and reduced privacy.

On that note, my question is if there's a curtain or some sort of partition in the suites between the king bed and the living area with the sofabed? Would it be reasonably comfortable for 3 adults or would we be better off with separate room?

Also, any idea when we receive the cancellation credit, and how to know we've received it (since I don't see a credit balance anywhere on my account info)?

There is not a curtain or partition. We have shared a Neptune with others (sofa bed) (at various times......mother-in-law / sister & husband / son / grand child) and depending on your level of privacy and fun, we have truly enjoyed the "togetherness". It can be an incredible savings, and a lot of memories - it's all in the eye of the passenger(s)!!!

Thanks for the quick reply! That might be just a little too much togetherness for us then, lol. But I did find that the glass partition between adjoining balconies can be removed, so that'd be a nice option if we go with two verandah rooms.

4 minutes ago, strickerj said:

Thanks for the quick reply! That might be just a little too much togetherness for us then, lol. But I did find that the glass partition between adjoining balconies can be removed, so that'd be a nice option if we go with two verandah rooms.

There isn't a "glass" partition between balconies, it's solid. There isn't a curtain separating the room...that wouldn't work well...you will see when you are on board, if you are in a Neptune.

"Reasonably comfortable" is a very subjective term...but I don't think I would want to be in any cabin on a cruise ship with 3 adults. And many Neptunes are not rated for 3.

There are many discussions here on how refunds are being processed. It is taking time.

Oh, from the pictures it just looked like frosted glass. Either way, as long as it's removable, we'd just leave it out and share the balconies. Sounds like 2 rooms might be the way to go then, despite the extra cost.

I've seen the threads about refunds but I was referring to the FCCs, and how to even use them since I don't see credits mentioned anywhere on the account summary.

13 hours ago, strickerj said:

Either way, as long as it's removable, we'd just leave it out and share the balconies.

It is not "removable". A two-foot section next to railing swings back to give a small passage from one to the other, but when not close to rail you can't see each other.

Edited by catl331
1 minute ago, catl331 said:

It is not "removable". A two-foot section next to railing swings back to give a small passage from one to the other, but when not close to rail neither side can see the other.

Oh, thanks for the clarification... That's kind of a bummer but should still be workable.

17 hours ago, strickerj said:

I had the Alaska Glacier Discovery Northbound on Noordam booked for 5/24 for myself, my wife, and her mother, which is now canceled. We had a verandah cabin for my wife and myself and the inside across the hall for her mom. Now she's concerned about her being claustrophobic and would like the balcony room next to us. The 125% FCC makes up for the price increase on our room, but the single supplement for my MIL to have a verandah room stings a bit, so I was considering getting a Neptune suite for the 3 of us. I'd save over $1000 over two verandah cabins and gain free WiFi (through the Have It All sale) and all the other suite perks, and the only drawback is the shared bathroom and reduced privacy.

If you can afford it what better Birthday/Christmas present could you ever give your mother-in-law than a private veranda on an Alaskan cruise.

Also, any idea when we receive the cancellation credit, and how to know we've received it (since I don't see a credit balance anywhere on my account info)?

If you have a travel agent you will have to your travel agent check on that for you.

Sadly, the only ship that had a partition for the bedroom area has now left the fleet 😞

All the suites are one room unless, of course, you book the Pinnacle Suite 😉