Best way to cancel a cruise

picture

based on the statement today our Alaska May 16 cruise Is canceled.

I didn’t receive an email.   

should I contact my travel agent,  Costco and have them cancel?

or should I go on the princess website and use their form to cancel?  

I guess there’s also the option of calling princess directly?  but I assume their line will be quite busy.  Never had to cancel a  cruise before just wondering those with experience might advise which way they think will be the best way to cancel.
thanks

You can’t call Princess as they will tell you to contact your TA. Call them and cancel, or better still,  find out what you need to do. 

You also need to edit your post and remove the name of your TA as it’s not allowed. 

You need to cancel through your travel agency.  Someone mentioned in another forum that the travel agency you used posted a form on their website for customer to submit a request for cruise cancellation.

Edited by botbien

41 minutes ago, botbien said:

You need to cancel through your travel agency.  Someone mentioned in another forum that the travel agency you used posted a form on their website for customer to submit a request for cruise cancellation.

Incorrect information! Princess has cancelled the cruise not them. See the link I posted above in #3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, brisalta said:

Incorrect information! Princess has cancelled the cruise not them. See the link I posted above in #3

If you booked through a TA you need  use them as the phone lines are jammed for the cruise line itself.. Mine sent me a link to Princess to cancel or choose 125%. On the Princess website it tells you to go through your TA. Mine is checking to make sure we get the airfare/shore excursions back also. 

Edited by gmjc2

7 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

If you booked through a TA you need  use them as the phone lines are jammed for the cruise line itself.. Mine sent me a link to Princess to cancel or choose 125%. On the Princess website it tells you to go through your TA. Mine is checking to make sure we get the airfare/shore excursions back also. 

You do not need to go through your travel agent nor do you need to call Princess.Your travel agent is giving you misinformation.  I suspect they are trying to hide the fact that they add little value.

Princess does not tell you to go through your travel agent when Princess cancels a cruise.

See https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

and

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/RefundRequestGuide.pdf

Edited by brisalta

I read on one of the updates that you need to go through your agent, I just don't remember where I saw it. Been reading too many updates of late!

But the form seems to be available to anyone so it's an individual decision.

I had to cancel another cruise and I had to go through the TA because they have a cancellation fee so I had to negotiate with them. They charged the fee but put it into FCC to be used as a deposit for a future booking.

The Option 1/2 form on March 12 th asks if you used a travel agent. I filled in form myself  and once I contacted my TA she filled in form too. Probably does not matter as long as you let them know your option for refund.