Jump to content

Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bonanza41 said:

So this morning I awoke to emails from Chase.  They want more information for a couple of the charge backs and have not credited that account until they receive the info. That is on my Sapphire Reserve.  My Chase United card was credited completely with no questions. Hmmmmm.  

 

 

As to your question, have the dates of your charges and the amounts ready when you call.  Also have your sailing dates available. We were on hold for only a few minutes so it should go quickly. Good luck.

 

What info are they asking for in the email?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bonanza41 said:

So this morning I awoke to emails from Chase.  They want more information for a couple of the charge backs and have not credited that account until they receive the info. That is on my Sapphire Reserve.  My Chase United card was credited completely with no questions. Hmmmmm.  

 

 

As to your question, have the dates of your charges and the amounts ready when you call.  Also have your sailing dates available. We were on hold for only a few minutes so it should go quickly. Good luck.

 

I have BOA rc card. I called yesterday to initiate a dispute. They wanted date, amount and reference number for charges. Also wanted my booking number. I received first credit today for the initial deposit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monthend said:

I have BOA rc card. I called yesterday to initiate a dispute. They wanted date, amount and reference number for charges. Also wanted my booking number. I received first credit today for the initial deposit.

 

 

What date did you cancel or was your cruise cancelled?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a Celebrity cruise cancelled.

There was a post on the Celebrity board stating that some cards would only initiate a charge-back if you were within 100 days of payment (I have since found out this is not necessarily true for all cards).

However, I counted backwards and found I was at the 94 day mark, so I had dh call BOA to dispute.

 

They asked if cruise was cancelled, date of charge, amount of charge.  We were given a reference number and the amount was in our account the next day (which was a Sunday).  It was also marked "RESOLVED."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scarlette said:

 

What date did you cancel or was your cruise cancelled?

Cruise cancelled and I accepted refund March 14. My TA also called them and confirmed it had been received.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So just talked to Royal about my refund. I cancelled an August Harmony cruise on March 31. I had a refundable deposit of 250.00 and had made 2 extra payments on the balance. 

 

One was for 75.00 and one for 29.57. I was told when I cancelled  7-10 days for refund in the amount of 354.57

 

Today I was told that I had a refund of 122.00 disbursed on April 19. I asked where was the rest. Got the usual answer of ,so sorry it was stuck in the system.  

 

She said that just this morning they were advised that the system between Royal and the banks had been overwhelmed but as of this morning  it had been fixed and refunds should start flowing now. 

 

She said she fixed my issues and now my 354.57 will be coming in 5 , yes 5 separate  payments. 

 

Sorry Royal but I  don't really believe this. I have been working towards Diamond  +  but I  think I will give up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the first update on my dispute this week.  BOA credited my account for the internet package on Monday.  Now I'm waiting to see about the port fees and taxes.  They asked for additional information via the online messaging system for the bank. The bank rep had previously told me it wasn't required but no big deal as I had it ready to go just in case.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aprilfool said:

She said that just this morning they were advised that the system between Royal and the banks had been overwhelmed but as of this morning  it had been fixed and refunds should start flowing now.

 

That must be what happens if you try to push too many dollar bills through one of those tiny little fiber optic cables. 🤣🤣

 

Just for kicks, I might have stayed on the line until someone could give me a technical explanation of how the system got "overwhelmed".  I think I would have been on the line a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We couldn’t take our March 15th or 22nd Harmony of the Seas and we received our FCCs but haven’t gotten any port fees, taxes, gratuities etc refunded to our mastercard yet for either cruise.  Our credit card is about to expire in two weeks and I have a new date to update it with but I’m worried if I call RC to change it this will reset my whole process 😣.  Has anyone received port fees or taxes yet without disputing a charge with the credit card?  Wondering if there’s any hope in getting it before the 30th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

That must be what happens if you try to push too many dollar bills through one of those tiny little fiber optic cables. 🤣🤣

 

Just for kicks, I might have stayed on the line until someone could give me a technical explanation of how the system got "overwhelmed".  I think I would have been on the line a while.

LOL!

The major issue is the Commodore 64 (or VIC 20) that they use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wilda said:

I talked to Celebrity yesterday. My cruise was scheduled for May 2.  I was told by the rep that it would be processed by May 11.  

 

Here's the kicker- she told me that every single refund was being processed manually because they do not have a program that will back out the penalty fees that are automatically assessed when you cancel a cruise.  What a bunch of malarkey.  I plan on formally disputing it with AmEx  on April 24, which is one month after they cancelled my cruise.

 

This is a billion dollar company that can't write software that will back out the penalty charges when generating a refund??? Bull!

 

Cathy

 

I called Royal on March 24 when our Symphony of the Seas cruise, departing April 12th, was cancelled due to the pandemic.  I requested a refund instead of a FCC and, like yourself, I was told that the refund to my credit card would be processed manually.   I called Royal today to follow up and was told that Royal initiated the refund process on April 14th (two days after the cruise would have departed) and that it will take up to 30 days from then (May 14th) for me to see the refund back to my credit card.

Edited by elephant98
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BP99 said:

LOL!

The major issue is the Commodore 64 (or VIC 20) that they use.

That's the problem.  Their IT department just upgraded to those and no one left knows how to program in Basic.  They rode those PET 2000's as long as they could.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Our refund for our Radiance 3/14 cruise that got cancelled after we had muster posted to our cc on 4/20.  I had done request online on 3/26.  

That's really disappointing. Getting onboard and cancelled. Glad you got your refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monthend said:

That's really disappointing. Getting onboard and cancelled. Glad you got your refund.

We had already done 2 cruises and the decision to stay on for a third was last minute so I really can't complain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be useful information for some with regard to refunds on cruise planner items.

 

We were due to be on the 16th March Brilliance of the Seas sailing that was obviously cancelled.  In anticipation that the cruise (or our flights were about to be cancelled from UK) I cancelled 'all' the cruise planner items on 11th March. These were refunded back to my card on 26th March.  In my haste I forgot to cancel one item for one traveller (The Key) and I did this on 13th March. That payment has just appeared today (23rd April). So the difference of cancelling 2 days apart added approximately 26 days.  This may be useful information that RC are processing some items still.

 

WRT to my 100% cruise refund I was told that was 'processed' on 23rd March but still no sign of that. Hope this all helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, Monthend said:

I have BOA rc card. I called yesterday to initiate a dispute. They wanted date, amount and reference number for charges. Also wanted my booking number. I received first credit today for the initial deposit.

 

Reference number? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled a 6th June sailing on 24th March. We didn't realise there is an (alleged) faster Cruise Planner refund if you manually cancel these purchases before the cruise.

Royal processed the refund 10th April. Our credit card has shown it today but with a date of 20th April.

 

So basically, while there were various dates where things happened, it was 30 days between cancelling and being visible on our card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 4:58 PM, Pianogrl44 said:

We couldn’t take our March 15th or 22nd Harmony of the Seas and we received our FCCs but haven’t gotten any port fees, taxes, gratuities etc refunded to our mastercard yet for either cruise.  Our credit card is about to expire in two weeks and I have a new date to update it with but I’m worried if I call RC to change it this will reset my whole process 😣.  Has anyone received port fees or taxes yet without disputing a charge with the credit card?  Wondering if there’s any hope in getting it before the 30th.

 

We are in a similar boat. We were due to cruise 03/15 but cancelled just a few days before Royal on 03/10. We received our FCC but are still waiting for cruise planner items, taxes/fees and pre-paid gratuities to be refunded. 44 days and counting. 

 

My parents were due to cruise with us and they received their FCC and a refund of cruise planner/taxes and fees on the same date on 03/19. Not sure why their refund was processed so quickly while we're still waiting. 

 

You would think that since we cancelled ahead of Royal's suspension of services we would have seen our refund before the onslaught of all the mass cancellations but I am reading here of people who cancelled after us getting their refunds so who knows what is going on over there. 

 

You might want to reach out to your cc in a week if you don't see anything by then. 

 

Good luck! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled two cruises on March 28, one through an online TA and one booked directly through Royal.  Both had deposits only, both sailed in November 2020.  The one through the TA was refunded in four days.  I am still waiting for the other one (26 days later).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...