NCL cruise consulants

visconti4

Why do NCL cruise consulants NEVER return phone calls? I have cruise consulants from other cruise lines and they always return my phone calls, not NCL. We switched consulants after the old one never returned our calls, now I have been trying to reach my new one for over 2 weeks now. I know they are busy at this time, but a 5 minute phone call sometime in 2 weeks must be possible

• Like 1

I can tell you!  Because they are calling my cell phone and my husband's to encourage us to book a NEW cruise. He also sent each of us an email the same day.  I fell for them as they are losing business left and right, but their #1 job is to service the existing cruisers like you.

my consultant's name is lynn. i've been working with her for 4 years and have taken 18 ncl cruises since 2010. if she doesnt answer the phone immediately, i get a call back within the hour.  maybe youshould ask for her help. she has never failed to call me back. also she has the patience of a saint. i ask her to price out different cabins and she is always helpful

On 4/15/2020 at 3:47 PM, seaman11 said:

i agree , i got someone very good , edna.  and then i got a bunch of dopes that said they could not transfer me to her.   some are on the ball , and some suck. you have to keep calling till you get a good one. 

Spot on the money - we suffered last year when we transferred from a UK based PCC to US working from home. No names not fair but now back in the UK with a super guy Tim H excellent and unbiased.

after the other replies, i just thought i'd add an additional comment. yes its true consultants work for the cruise line and they are sales people.  that being said, however, i'll admit i'm rather anal when it  comes to booking cruises, so whenever i call my consultant, it's usually to see if the figures she gives me are consistent with the ones i have worked out for myself. i give her the dates, ship and cabin and she merely just puts in the reservation, and thensends me an email confirmation. shes not selling me anything, ive already told her exactly what i want. if you do your homework aheadof time, know what you want, you shouldhave no problem. if  your consultant consistently will not call back, get another one asap

3 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

One thing one must always remember; the NCL cruise consultants work for NCL, not you.

A good travel agent works for you and will do everything possible to keep you happy.

Its always faster and better to cut the middle man. Plus ive read a ton of problems with travel agents not being able to do certain stuff that if you work directly with ncl you can do. Same happens with airlines.

OK , so I just spoke to my PCC . He is working ! Just got info that my particular cruise dropped in price. Lost my OBC and 1 SDP dinner with this new booking..( down to 6 dinners now anyways ) , but every other perk remains...plus extra remaining credit might do a suite ( talking to the mrs. )

I haven’t had good luck at all with NCL PCCs. I had one who ignored me until after he saw I had booked a cruise on-line, then called to offer his help. When I called him back and asked for something, he was totally disinterested and never got back to me.

Fast forward to last month, when my POA cruise got cancelled. I made all the new arrangements, THEN he called offering to help. When I told him I had already taken care of it he HUNG UP ON ME![emoji36]

A couple days later I got a call from a different person saying they had been assigned as my PCC. Unfortunately he’s no better, and I’m going to have to revert to just calling the main number to get copies of the documents I’ve asked him to send twice. He even argued with me about the side of the ship I want to be on, telling me there’s currently lava flowing in Hawaii.[emoji849]

The only times I’ve had good service were the two times my POA cruise was cancelled (once for dry dock and once for Covid-19). Maybe they put more competent, interested people on the redeployment line? I wish one of them was assigned as my PCC!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

52 minutes ago, Cindy said:

Maybe they put more competent, interested people on the redeployment line? I wish one of them was assigned as my PCC!

Sorry to hear that. I've used the same person for over 4 years now. When I spoke to him today , he was actually keeping in touch and updating any new deals that might be beneficial.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by magicmawk

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

after the other replies, i just thought i'd add an additional comment. yes its true consultants work for the cruise line and they are sales people.  that being said, however, i'll admit i'm rather anal when it  comes to booking cruises, so whenever i call my consultant, it's usually to see if the figures she gives me are consistent with the ones i have worked out for myself. i give her the dates, ship and cabin and she merely just puts in the reservation, and thensends me an email confirmation. shes not selling me anything, ive already told her exactly what i want. if you do your homework aheadof time, know what you want, you shouldhave no problem. if  your consultant consistently will not call back, get another one asap

This sounds like the same arraignment I have with my consultant. I call when I have a reservation to make and check prices versus what I've found elsewhere. My consultant has been very helpful whenever I've wanted to re-book after a price drop. I have used travel agents in the past, and booked on my own and don't find much difference. 

Looking forward to a healthier tomorrow, and sending best wishes to everyone doing their best to carry on.