"Group" "Additional Charge" Dining Reservations

klfrodo

Okay

How do you go about doing this?

We have about 4 to 5 couples from across the country who made friends many years ago on a cruise.

We are cruising together again since the kids have grown and gone their own ways.

The cruise is set up. That's not an issue. We all used our own TA's. 

Main dining is linked. Not an issue

How do we schedule/reserve a date/time/dining facility that has an additional charge?

Not the Steakhouse, but let's say the Steakhouse for explanation purposes.

1. We all make our own reservations separately but indicate a "group" table?

2. One person makes the reservation for all people?

3. When we make the reservations on line, do we pay at that time like we do with drink packages?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Yes, payment up front is new for these reservations. I got in under old system booking last August. I'd have everyone pay and then have one person reach out to the person in charge of that area and explain what you are trying to accomplish. 

Curios as to what the venue is and not willing to share it, it could make a difference in the reply.  As others stated, you can each go in and reserve individually, have not done it since they changed the process as to how to link them on line, but if done with TA or PVP they can follow up and get it done.

We wanted to make a group reservation for JiJi on my son's birthday for our upcoming cruise on the Horizon. There are 26 of us.  We were advised to make 3 individual (because max is 12 on one)reservations and then speak to the maitre'd on board.  I have no problem paying up front but really wanted to make one reservation so we could be guaranteed of the same time and sit close to each other.   

We travel with a group of 8 friends.  We typically wait until we are onboard then decide what specialty dining we want to do which night.  Then one of us make each reservation so one will make a Steakhouse reservation, one a Jiji's, one a Cucina, etc.  When we actually dine each coupe pays with their own S&S card.  Perhaps it is possible to not get to dine when we would desire, but so far it has worked out.