Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
LT Hambone

Managing Multiple Bookings Question

Good day everyone!

First off - my apologies if this question has already been posted and answered in another topic. I tried searching, but came up blank. Second - I also understand that the best resource to ask is Princess, but given how jammed they are right now (gee, I wonder why?), I thought I might ask this forum.

So - I just booked two cabins (one is for myself and my wife, the other is for our two teenage sons) for a cruise next July, and I have two separate booking numbers. When I log into "My Princess", I only see he booking number for my cabin, and I am unable to access the booking for my son's cabin. My question is this - is it possible to mange both booking numbers in one place? Shouldn't I be able to log into My Princess and see both?

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

If the cabin isn't in your name, you probably won't have access to the booking (just safety precautions) but princess might be able to tell you otherwise.  How manage the different cabin bookings, I have my own booking and then sign out of my princess account and have another one created for my kid(s)/mom to do all the access stuff for that booking.  That way, it also helps when organizing multiple passports, food restrictions, kid zone, etc.  Therefore, when I am done filling all my stuff out, I go into their account and do all of theirs.  Now, with the new medallion class stuff, it's easier because they can access all of their stuff on their devices and you can do all that needs to be done within that (if you allow them to have the app and device).  I have not let my daughter get the ocean ready or medallion class apps yet because I don't want her to accidentally screw anything up since we are a year out.

57 minutes ago, LT Hambone said:

Good day everyone!

First off - my apologies if this question has already been posted and answered in another topic. I tried searching, but came up blank. Second - I also understand that the best resource to ask is Princess, but given how jammed they are right now (gee, I wonder why?), I thought I might ask this forum.

So - I just booked two cabins (one is for myself and my wife, the other is for our two teenage sons) for a cruise next July, and I have two separate booking numbers. When I log into "My Princess", I only see he booking number for my cabin, and I am unable to access the booking for my son's cabin. My question is this - is it possible to mange both booking numbers in one place? Shouldn't I be able to log into My Princess and see both?

Try calling Princess, I called about an hour ago and got right through to a CSR who was very helpful and answered all my questions and confirmed information I was originally given when I cancelled about a month ago.

Just now, cruising deacon said:

If you can't get into the booking using:

their booking number

their name

their date of birth

then I think there is a problem with that booking, call Princess

you 'might' want to consider putting one parent and one teenager on each booking

for purposes of possible maxing OBC's that are by cabin, not by person

but also consider if you are booking under Princess Plus ...

lots of variables 

Cruising deacon has it. If you know the booking ID, name on Booking and birth date you can get into their booking.

It will never be linked to you via the personalizer if you are not in the cabin

And that's the other problem -

If I try to access my son's booking using name (oldest son), Booking ID, and birth date, I get an error message saying "Birth Year is required", even though I entered the year! Assuming I'm getting this error message because my son hasn't turned 18 yet (but will in a few months).

Agree with everyone who suggested I call Princess - trying to avoid doing that now since they are swamped with folks who need their services more than me right now. Once things settle down, I'll give them a call.

As an aside - and no offense to Princess - I much prefer the way Royal Caribbean and Disney handles multiple cabins in a single booking. IMO, Princess should learn from them - like why can't you book multiple cabins online???

Thanks to everyone to reply - appreciate the input!

@LT Hambone, you should check with Princess (it appears as though you booked direct) that the two reservations are linked in the system (cross-referenced) and your dining is with each other at a 4-top.  As @voljeep, mentioned, you might have an advantage by having the booking setup with one adult in each cabin as primary booker and when on board you swap.  This is usually more beneficial once you have Elite status.  However, if you and spouse were both CCL shareholders, you could get the shareholder OBC for each cabin if you were to split up the res as indicated.

Lots of advantages to splitting the adults between cabins . Especially if you are both Elite and/or Shareholders .

Usually a Good TA or even a cruise line rep will suggest that when booking.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:55 AM, LT Hambone said:

Good day everyone!

Isn't there a minimum age for the 2 teenagers in their own cabin?  If they are less than that age, you probably have to book one adult and one teenager in one of the cabins and the 2nd adult and teenager in the 2nd cabin.  How you arrange the people after you check in is totally your business.

DON

Per Princess -

"Guests under the age of 21 years must travel in a stateroom with a guest 21 years or older who shall assume responsibility for their care during the cruise. For family groups booking multiple staterooms, the minimum age for each stateroom is 16 years of age, provided they are traveling with a parent or legal guardian. We are unable to accept group reservations for student or youth groups that do not conform to our minimum age requirements. Each guest agrees and warrants that he/she will supervise any guest in his/her care at all times to ensure all policies, along with all other rules of the Carrier and ship, are strictly adhered to by all guests under their supervision."