All suspended sailing FCC’s extended until April 2022

13. During the latest announcement of suspended sailings, the applicable sailing window for Future Cruise Credit usage was stretched to April 30, 2022. Does this apply to earlier sailings that were suspended?
Yes, all FCCs generated as a result of the pause in operation are applicable on sailings departing on-or-before April 30, 2022, regardless of when the sailing suspension occurred.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Wow interesting. I missed that fccs extended. I'll extend my cruise search date, thanks

I was at a loss for words having received a rate your cruise parking experience about 30 minutes before I read it. How was my parking for my april 26th cruise?

That is good news (even though we plan to spend ours long before). NCL had offered a deadline to Dec 2022 which is most useful to the majority of cruisers (although almost none of us in here are the typical ones, we are addicts 😂).  

Edited by AlohaLivin

13 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I am assuming this date extension does not apply for the 100% FCC if we cancelled the cruise (as opposed to Royal cancelling)...and also the first back of sailings back in March.  

I am assuming the same thing but wondering if anyone here can confirm? Would be great to have a bit of wiggle room and possibly extend to March Break 2022. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I am assuming this date extension does not apply for the 100% FCC if we cancelled the cruise (as opposed to Royal cancelling)...and also the first back of sailings back in March.  

8 minutes ago, JillK said:

I am assuming the same thing but wondering if anyone here can confirm? Would be great to have a bit of wiggle room and possibly extend to March Break 2022. 

The cruise with confidence FAQ’s still say sail by Dec 31, 2020

Royal may be sticking with this date or perhaps they did not update that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

13. During the latest announcement of suspended sailings, the applicable sailing window for Future Cruise Credit usage was stretched to April 30, 2022. Does this apply to earlier sailings that were suspended?
Yes, all FCCs generated as a result of the pause in operation are applicable on sailings departing on-or-before April 30, 2022, regardless of when the sailing suspension occurred.

Thanks for finding that out!

• Like 1

They should update those that canceled under cruise with confidence to those dates also.  Just because I cancelled 40 hours before Royal did so didn't change anything surrounding the ability to rebook and use those.  Do you think they will? Now they issue cancellations 4 weeks later again and they extend the use by period for those people by 4 months?  

8 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Now they issue cancellations 4 weeks later again and they extend the use by period for those people by 4 months?  

I doubt that you will see anymore usage extensions unless we get to September or later and they are still cancelling cruises.

5 minutes ago, Medic5emt said:

Does anyone have the information/rules on 125% e mail? Mine has not been canceled yet. Would be great to think about options.

What specifically are you looking for.  All cancelled sailings are automatically converted to a 125% FCC.  This excludes taxes and port fees, prepaid gratuities, transfers and insurance, those will be refunded to your credit card.  If you want a refund there is an on line form to complete or call to request.  

FCC’s must be applied by Dec. 31, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for posting this.  Is that the entire Royal group of cruise lines, or just the one Royal cruiseline?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I doubt that you will see anymore usage extensions unless we get to September or later and they are still cancelling cruises.

First, let me preface saying I'm not "starting" with you; you definitely have been providing great insight and helpful answers to the forum.  But I want to ask; when I canceled with Cruise With Confidence on 3/11 and Royal shut down on 3/13; it was originally to be for 30 days.  Of course events dictate all. But originally my cruise could have been rebooked for April, then May.  May is out. Now we are into June. With CDC directives June is likely to be out and then anything realistically going before late July or August I just don't see happening at all.  

I'm not in a rush to get back on a ship until it is safe, but the fact is the longer the FCC is unable to be reused it becomes devalued and more difficult to use. Someone canceling on 3/11 has until 12/21 to use it but someone canceled 3/13 has until 4/22. Or at least put in writing that I only have to book by 12/21 and can use in the future;I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that my FCC be extended; especially since I have multiple FCC's with RCL. Hopefully RCL re-examines this. 

12 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

First, let me preface saying I'm not "starting" with you; you definitely have been providing great insight and helpful answers to the forum.  But I want to ask; when I canceled with Cruise With Confidence on 3/11 and Royal shut down on 3/13; it was originally to be for 30 days.  Of course events dictate all. But originally my cruise could have been rebooked for April, then May.  May is out. Now we are into June. With CDC directives June is likely to be out and then anything realistically going before late July or August I just don't see happening at all.  

I'm not in a rush to get back on a ship until it is safe, but the fact is the longer the FCC is unable to be reused it becomes devalued and more difficult to use. Someone canceling on 3/11 has until 12/21 to use it but someone canceled 3/13 has until 4/22. Or at least put in writing that I only have to book by 12/21 and can use in the future;I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that my FCC be extended; especially since I have multiple FCC's with RCL. Hopefully RCL re-examines this. 

I agree with what you are saying and logistically it would make more sense to have them all have the same sail by dates.  The situation is fluid and they are revising the FAQ’s as things that they hadn’t anticipated bring as issue arise. Ex...allowing OBC from redeployments to move to a new booking, issuing one FCC instead of two where there was already one on the booking.  

I’m not sure if it will happen or no but it could be a possibility.

I also think that with the first set of cancellations people were more optimistic and booked cruises into May and June while I think people generally now realize that we are a ways out from cruising again and aren’t booking those that are still listed for sale.  I understand Royal only cancelling 30 days at a time though, no one want to cancel too far out then have cruises allowed plus they are trying to manage the call volume.

They are looking at individual cases where there are unique circumstances so if one did have a lot of FCC’s to use they may make an exception , it may be worth asking.  The number for the FCC questions is 1.800.256.6649

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What specifically are you looking for.  All cancelled sailings are automatically converted to a 125% FCC.  This excludes taxes and port fees, prepaid gratuities, transfers and insurance, those will be refunded to your credit card.  If you want a refund there is an on line form to complete or call to request.  

FCC’s must be applied by Dec. 31, 2021 and sail by April 30, 2022.

Will RCL issue an FCC dollar amount to each individual booked or total FCC amount back to the primary "Booker"? We have read two versions of how this may go down. We have two minor children that would have been traveling with us. So one version would be FCC for each individual that had been paid for this Cruise. So each child (and person) would have a FCC assigned to them. These children may never have a chance to cruise with us again.

8 minutes ago, Medic5emt said:

Will RCL issue an FCC dollar amount to each individual booked or total FCC amount back to the primary "Booker"? We have read two versions of how this may go down. We have two minor children that would have been traveling with us. So one version would be FCC for each individual that had been paid for this Cruise. So each child (and person) would have a FCC assigned to them. These children may never have a chance to cruise with us again.

All go back to individuals booked. 

We canceled our March 29 sailing three days before Royal suspended sailings.
I used my FCC to book a Feb 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 8:53 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

From RCL's website today:

We get it. Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through September 1, 2020. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before you set sail, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021.

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

From RCL's website today:

We get it. Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through September 1, 2020. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before you set sail, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021.

See my post right above yours.