Are future cruise certificates covered by ABTA/ATOL bonding

uktog

Unfortunately I don't have any new news for you re the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) policy towards FCC. I did ask, and still nothing to report. I do know this is still on the front burner for our International team.

Perhaps it would be best to use our new Cruise with Confidence option of Lift and Shift to apply your FCC onto a future booking which would then be protected?  You can change your minds later under the 48-hour cancellation.

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

Perhaps it would be best to use our new Cruise with Confidence option of Lift and Shift to apply your FCC onto a future booking which would then be protected?  You can change your minds later under the 48-hour cancellation.

Bonnie, that probably won't work if the cruise in question has already been cancelled by Azamara before the "lift & shift" was introduced will it?

6 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

For some cruisers Lift and Shift is just not viable.

I, for one, was offered a Hobson's choice of only one (unsuitable) stateroom under Lift and Shift. Besides which, the equivalent offered was almost a month later and not at all convenient for me, and I don't want to be on a cruise for 18 days in a suite with a bath. 

Now, if I could Lift and Shift to a similar-length cruise in 2022, at a different time of year, I'd probably go for it. 

Instead, I would have to cancel (or wait for Azamara yawwwwwn to finally come clean about sailing resumption), and book the different cruise. And wait, and wait, and wait for my refund. Just more work and frustration for everybody.

I fail to understand why the Lift and Shift limits one to 11<months<13 in the future. 

8 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Unfortunately I don't have any new news for you re the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) policy towards FCC. I did ask, and still nothing to report. I do know this is still on the front burner for our International team.

It’s absolutely no good, the three cruises are already cancelled. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are future cruise certificates covered by ABTA/ATOL bonding

seems like the original question needs flagging up again as it feels like we are being ignored. A reply would be much appreciated and I have to say as a fairly calm and considerate person I too am losing faith inAzamara.

• Like 1

Maybe this is why the certificates promised on line and by email by 22 May are still lost in transit. I can totally understand why you’ve lost faith. 

So much is now lost and likely will never return.  Enjoy your memories of your past cruises. For now, and maybe a long time, it’s what cruising has become. It feels like a friend died and we are all grieving. We all pray for a cure or a vaccine that will make the world safe again. Until then, be patient, relax, and stay safe. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually received a refund from Azamara as yet. Because we have been waiting since March and still nothing. Our TA is of no help at all and seems completely out of her depth on this one ? 

We have just received some enhanced future credits from easyJet for a cancelled flight. What we have received seems to suggest that there may well be an issue with the Azamara single voucher 125%FCC for UK cruisers. EasyJet have split the credit into 2 vouchers, one for the cost of the flight and a separate one as a rebooking incentive. As it stands I think very few UK cruisers would knowingly risk losing ABTA/ATOL protection by taking a FCC so hopefully Azamara/RCCL can get this issue resolved pronto. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 5:42 AM, Gillard said:

Has anyone actually received a refund from Azamara as yet. Because we have been waiting since March and still nothing. Our TA is of no help at all and seems completely out of her depth on this one ? 

Have you looked at this thread? It is up to page 30 now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beyond words said:

As it stands I think very few UK cruisers would knowingly risk losing ABTA/ATOL protection by taking a FCC so hopefully Azamara/RCCL can get this issue resolved pronto. 

You jest, surely? 

18 hours ago, Beyond words said:

I haven’t seen anything further from Bonnie since the post back on May 16. Just a deafening silence. 

I doubt you are going to see any change on this one.