My Experience Trying to Use my FCC

FlaMariner

So yesterday's experience was attempting to use our FCC for a fall 2021 cruise and learned the hard way that the fine print does not allow the FCC to be used for the deposit.  Not interested in putting out $600 more to HAL along with thousands in FCC.

Today's experience was attempting to use the FCC as payment for a previously booked (and currently still on) 8/29 Alaska cruise.  Final payment is due the end of next month.  My email to the TA was to push the FCC towards the balance due for the 8/29 Alaska cruise.  Even though the cruise was cancelled and I had already made my decision for option 1 (FCC), the response back from HAL was I need to wait.  Seems as though if they are so busy and the TA calls HAL, they can see my cancel, my choice for option 1, apply the FCC and be done....But now it's going to end up being more calls and more back and forth.  

This is the response from HAL from TA....and just passing it along for whatever it's worth......I did not know we needed to wait for the FCC after choosing option 1.

The FCCs will not be available for 4-5 weeks or sooner. They'll send you an email when available. 

HAL would be very wise to allow those waiting for FCCs to appear AND wanting to book a future cruise to do an override and charge $1 for the deposit.  

Good for customer relations plus some who would refuse to pay more may subsequently decide on a refund instead of a FCC.  I cannot image forking over more money to a cruise line when I have a large credit to be processed by that same cruise line. 

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, iancal said:

HAL would be very wise to allow those waiting for FCCs to appear AND wanting to book a future cruise to do an override and charge $1 for the deposit.

Why not just use the deposit from that canceled voyage that went into your Mariner account? 

1 hour ago, john2003 said:

If I understand what you are suggesting that is exactly what HAL won't permit. 

You can't use the Future Cruise Credit that is from a cruise HAL has cancelled for a deposit or an existing booking. However, you paid a deposit on that cancwelled trip. If you booked the voyage on board a ship (and put down a much-reduced deposit), the deposit goes into your Mariner account to be used in another trip. Whenever I've cancelled, the Future Cruise Deposit had always been automatically assigned to the new booking.

Hope this mashes sense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kwb101 said:

You can't use the Future Cruise Credit that is from a cruise HAL has cancelled for a deposit or an existing booking. However, you paid a deposit on that cancwelled trip. If you booked the voyage on board a ship (and put down a much-reduced deposit), the deposit goes into your Mariner account to be used in another trip. Whenever I've cancelled, the Future Cruise Deposit had always been automatically assgned to the new booking.

Hope this mashes sense. 

In my case, I did not pay a deposit for the cruise that was cancelled by HAL.....I just paid for the cruise in one swoop (timing and price based on paying 100% were good).