Jump to content

When will NCL announce next wave of cancellations like other cruise lines have done?


Recommended Posts

I think by june you could be welcome in florida,  we will see things open up, its starting already.  its only april 17th dont forget, we have time. 
I haven't seen anything about lifting the 14-day self-quarantine requirement, nor do I see anything about allowing non-residents to enter the Keys. How about gatherings of more than 50 people? When that starts happening, MAYBE we'll be able to start thinking about cruising a few months later.
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HowardK said:

After all of this next time I'll book a cruise last minute- 

As desperate as the cruise lines may become, I wonder if they will accept walk-ups, like the old Eastern and Delta Shuttles in the northeast.  Just walk up at least two hours before sailaway, scan your credit card and passport, and off you go!  🧉🥂🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

As desperate as the cruise lines may become, I wonder if they will accept walk-ups, like the old Eastern and Delta Shuttles in the northeast.  Just walk up at least two hours before sailaway, scan your credit card and passport, and off you go!  🧉🥂🍺

I heard they need to have some time because they have to submit passenger manifests.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I heard they need to have some time because they have to submit passenger manifests.

The final passenger manifest isn't due until 60 minutes prior to cruise departure. Prior to the current crisis some cruise lines...Carnival, and I think NCL among them, would accept bookings through the morning of the departure date. You could only do it by calling the reservation line, not by booking on the website or through a travel agent. i can't see any cruise lines going back to  allowing walk ups. You are not supposed to be allowed into the cruise terminal without a ticket for the cruise in your possession.

Edited by njhorseman
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is very unlikely that any cruises will approved by the CDC prior to, at the earliest, late fall. IMO, it will be next year, possibly as late as late spring.  Others here are of the same opinion. 

 

More research is necessary in order to evaluate the information being shared here. 

 

Stay safe, stay home. Cruising will be for another day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GA Dave said:

As desperate as the cruise lines may become, I wonder if they will accept walk-ups, like the old Eastern and Delta Shuttles in the northeast.  Just walk up at least two hours before sailaway, scan your credit card and passport, and off you go!  🧉🥂🍺

2 Hours is exactly how far in advance I feel comfortable booking a cruise right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after that off-topic post, let's return to the subject. When will NCL announce the next round of cancellations?

  It's important to individual passengers so they can start the refund process, course. But in the bigger scheme, it's sort of irrelevant - we already known for the CDC order that they'll eventually be canceling everything well into June 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

So after that off-topic post, let's return to the subject. When will NCL announce the next round of cancellations?

  It's important to individual passengers so they can start the refund process, course. But in the bigger scheme, it's sort of irrelevant - we already known for the CDC order that they'll eventually be canceling everything well into June 

 

NCL is really dragging its feet on this. At the very least, they should have already announced Alaska and New England/Canada cancellations through the end of June (as all the other mainstream lines have done). Those cruises are still available for booking as of this morning! They cancelled the Sun sailings but that's it. My guess had been that they would announce with one month to go before the first Alaska sailing (May 16) but still we wait.

 

Are they being foolishly optimistic, or just trying to spread out the call volume?

 

I've been able to cancel all the bookings linked to my June 1 Alaska cruise except the cruise itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GA Dave said:

As desperate as the cruise lines may become, I wonder if they will accept walk-ups, like the old Eastern and Delta Shuttles in the northeast.  Just walk up at least two hours before sailaway, scan your credit card and passport, and off you go!  🧉🥂🍺

That would be great for us that live in port cities.  I bet the price would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, coastcat said:

 

NCL is really dragging its feet on this. At the very least, they should have already announced Alaska and New England/Canada cancellations through the end of June (as all the other mainstream lines have done). Those cruises are still available for booking as of this morning! They cancelled the Sun sailings but that's it. My guess had been that they would announce with one month to go before the first Alaska sailing (May 16) but still we wait.

 

Are they being foolishly optimistic, or just trying to spread out the call volume?

 

I've been able to cancel all the bookings linked to my June 1 Alaska cruise except the cruise itself.


I believe they're trying to keep alive a Ponzi scheme that buys them interest-free loans. They defer refunds as long as practical while taking new deposits to raise fresh cash 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tutontow said:

That would be great for us that live in port cities.  I bet the price would be great.


If any of the lines are able to cobble together a short late-season Alaska run (like Seattle->Juneau->Victoria->Seattle), it’s a 25-minute drive from my house to the Seattle docks! Heck, it’s only about 3 hours to Vancouver, too. I’d sign up at the right price.
 

I did note that HAL and Princess are each leaving two ships on the July-September schedule for Alaska, just in case. Meanwhile, Joy and Jewel are waiting it out in LA. I could see NCL sending Joy up to Seattle if there’s the possibility of a few sailings. 
 

Not that I think we’ll have an Alaska season this year. But who knows. And if we do, I’m booking something other than NCL.

Edited by coastcat
Link to post
Share on other sites

BC, Canada's Provincial Health Officer said yesterday she didn't think we would be traveling Internationally in 2020 and today said large summer gathering would most likely not be happening this year. I doubt cruise ships will be stopping in Vancouver or Victoria this year. 

 

My guess is NCL will cancel cruises May 15 - July, sometime the first week of May. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re booked May 16 Jade out of Amsterdam. I refuse to fly right now. As much as I was looking forward to this trip, I wish they would go ahead and cancel since it appears inevitable. I’d rather they cancel than I cancel. Ready to book something else we can drive to this summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on May 18 out of Italy and no way we would go even if we could get there. Waiting for NCL to cancel so we can get refund. Hoping its any day now that we are at 30 days out. 

Stay safe everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 1:11 PM, Dar & Bob said:

We have been wondering the same thing.  We have an Alaska cruise booked for July.  There is no way they are going to be able to comply with the regulations by then.  I think it's all about cash flow.  I expect they will cancel a few days before sailing.  

 

Really going to take a lot to make us cruise with NCL again.  😞

 

You can still book a May16th cruise to Alaska on the website even though Canadian ports are closed until July 1st and Seattle ports are closed.  You can not book Alaskan cruises with any other company until July 1st.  NCL has no ethics what so ever.  It's disgusting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

You can still book a May16th cruise to Alaska on the website even though Canadian ports are closed until July 1st and Seattle ports are closed.  You can not book Alaskan cruises with any other company until July 1st.  NCL has no ethics what so ever.  It's disgusting. 

We are scheduled to cruise on the Pride of America from Honolulu on July 11.  We are flying in a week early and staying at Disney's Aulani prior to the cruise.  If NCL waits until a few days before the cruise to cancel we are screwed since we will be stuck in Honolulu with no hotel and flights that don't return until July 18.  This is my first cruise on NCL, but it may very well be my last if they don't do the right thing and cancel early.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't get my business back- enough of the dirty tricks. It went as far back as raising my DSC TWICE since my original booking and offering me the ability to prepay at a discount when it was clear that ship wasnt happening anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the Breakaway for May 17.  It is ridiculous that they haven’t canceled yet!  No way in hell it’s happening, yet they keep sending the emails about dining, shore excursions and upgrades.  PLEASE! JUST! CANCEL! ALREADY!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Point of Reference:   I had a 7 June cruise to Alaska on HAL.  They notified me about 6 days ago that it was cancelled.  Offered 125% FCC + $500 OBC for future cruise OR refund by applying on a web link.  (refund to take 6-10 weeks)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kikisvacation said:

We are booked on the Breakaway for May 17.  It is ridiculous that they haven’t canceled yet!  No way in hell it’s happening, yet they keep sending the emails about dining, shore excursions and upgrades.  PLEASE! JUST! CANCEL! ALREADY!

I'm booked for the same day- its annoying that they can't just let it go . I really don't think I'll go on NCL again after all this and I did like them

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, seaman11 said:

am i dreaming that florida is reopening beaches and parks  already? 

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/493288-beaches-parks-to-reopen-in-jacksonville-fla-on-friday

Our parks never closed.

 We actually play a few rounds of Disc golf every week at our parks courses. We played today. We play 5 different courses in an 80 mile radius.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm book on the June 7th leaving from Spain. They are still closed down and I'm waiting to see if I need to cancel my flight and hotel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I'm booked for the same day- its annoying that they can't just let it go . I really don't think I'll go on NCL again after all this and I did like them

I too am booked for that one, as well as the 24th, the 31st, and a 4 day on the 8th of June.  Plus I have an MSC cruise booked the same day as an NCL one on the 31st. LOL My other MSC is already dead.

 I am gladly taking the 25% bonus. I always pay off cruises as soon as I book them. This time, I used the bonus 20% off on end of 2021 cruises, put down the minimum deposits down. Book all of these that are not going to happen and get a 25% bonus.

The 4 day, I am trying all FCC to see if I can double dip.

They can play games,so can I.  Once they release 2022 itineraries, I will book them, and again use the cash to book these not going to happen cruises to get the 25%.

 Basically I am loaning them money at 25%. If the cruise is going to happen, I will gladly hop on and sail so I am not doing anything wrong.

For those that worry about them going bankrupt, I buy insurance that covers insolvency and such.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kikisvacation said:

We are booked on the Breakaway for May 17.  It is ridiculous that they haven’t canceled yet!  No way in hell it’s happening, yet they keep sending the emails about dining, shore excursions and upgrades.  PLEASE! JUST! CANCEL! ALREADY!

what port and destination?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...