2 hours ago, goneclear said:

Definitely not. Our plan will be to watch how things unfold for a few months after ships start

back sailing. If no major issues with infections we will then book.

I agree.  I would want to wait at least 60-90 after cruises start back up.  I expect to cancel my August cruise and I hope to be able to take my November cruise.  

13 hours ago, LPut714 said:

Carnival cancelled our July Alaska trip-as we were to stop in Canada (BC) on our way back to San Francisco. 3 cruises cancelled-only rebooked one. Not too optimistic for this year.

So far as I know, Canada closed it's borders to cruise ships until July 1st.  Have not heard of that changing past that date...yet anyway.  

Currently have an Aug 30th booked out of Galveston and another next May to Alaska. If cruises resume end of July and don't have issues we'll go, if we're the first to go or there are issues early August we'll cancel and push that money to the Alaska cruise.

18 hours ago, DougMacP said:

I won’t cruise again until there is a vaccine. There are too many things beyond your control on a cruise ship, and the environment is too contained. We’ve also see there is no guarantee local authorities would even let you dock if someone were to test positive, or get sick. 

The CDC proposal seemed to indicate going forward, cruise ships need to deal with sick people onboard and not bring the back to port???  Not sure that will be the final answer but who knows. Hospital Cruise Ships, ICU, additional medical staffing. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, jp2746 said:

If cruises reopened in August would you cruise or cancel?  

On 4/17/2020 at 11:40 AM, CounselingWithChris said:

Depends on when in August. I'd probably only consider cruising towards the end of August.

It depends on which August

We have a Sept 6 Hawaii cruise that is supposed to go out of Vancouver , hopefully there will be some August cruises to gauge what is going on and how things are being handled . But at the rate refunds are coming back not sure Royal will be even be in business LOL. 

Have the free cruise offer from Club Royale for cruises in July-August. I would do it early August, no worries. It would help if I got my refunds from other cancelled cruises.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

The CDC proposal seemed to indicate going forward, cruise ships need to deal with sick people onboard and not bring the back to port???  Not sure that will be the final answer but who knows. Hospital Cruise Ships, ICU, additional medical staffing. 

I can think of an easier way. But people aren’t going to like it 🙂

9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Just read RCL now has trademarked the name Seaface purportedly for sanitary masks.  Would you go on a cruise if one  requirement was to wear a mask?

No.

19 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Just read RCL now has trademarked the name Seaface purportedly for sanitary masks.  Would you go on a cruise if one  requirement was to wear a mask?

If it has a frown on it.

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

just me, but if we are still at a point where masks are necessary, it would be insane to send out cruise ships. 

on the other hand, it would be such a bizarre experience I’d be tempted just to see what it’s like. 

2 hours ago, Plumbjim said:

Have the free cruise offer from Club Royale for cruises in July-August. I would do it early August, no worries. It would help if I got my refunds from other cancelled cruises.

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought? It figures

Alanis Morissette

Edited by Iamcruzin
4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
And who would've thought? It figures

And isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

55 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

just me, but if we are still at a point where masks are necessary, it would be insane to send out cruise ships. 

on the other hand, it would be such a bizarre experience I’d be tempted just to see what it’s like. 

I hope someone does a live thread. 

7 hours ago, Tahina cruising said:

Yes. I am currently booked August 30th. It is a rebook of our April cruise which was cancelled. 

What if they handed you a Seaface mask when boarding and dictated when the mask had to be worn?

They are up to something we just don't know what.

32 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

What if they handed you a Seaface mask when boarding and dictated when the mask had to be worn?

They are up to something we just don't know what.

I suggest that everyone who is not considering social distancing watch the American Experience that deals with the flu of 1918 see it-  This isn't a joke and getting so much worse.  

I do not think August 2020 will be cruise time- hopefully August 2021 or before.  Be safe and stay alive.

Edited by Cruise a holic