Oasis still coming to Bayonne??

bren61

We are booked on the Oasis in October, but i'm wondering if they are even still planning on bringing her up North with the Spring and Summer cruises cancelled. We also have a cruise on the Adventure booked right before the Oasis with 1 day in between sailings to Canada/New England.  Keeping my fingers crossed, but being NY & NJ were big hot spots, it's probably not going to happen.  

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if either of those ships head there. Pretty sure Canada isn't going to open, and the political climate in NY/NJ is not looking positive. I kind of doubt Anthem returns in the fall. But I have nothing to back that up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have Oasis booked for July 4th.  Nowadays, we can't be sure of anything until it gets close.  We are holding on to the reservation until we hear one way or the other.  Then we will either cruise or wait for what will seem like forever for the refund.  Hopefully, we will have our March, May and June refunds by then.

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo

I found an e-mail today from a travel agency for Oasis out of NJ on July 30 for an inside at $1109 pp plus all the fees and taxes. Is that really a way for RCI to entice people to book a cruise that is unlikely to happen?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I found an e-mail today from a travel agency for Oasis out of NJ on July 30 for an inside at $1109 pp plus all the fees and taxes. Is that really a way for RCI to entice people to book a cruise that is unlikely to happen?

Cash flow. Tie up the cash especially when refunds are taking so long to occur. It’s not a bad strategic plan until everyone figures out what is going on. 

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The prices outside of final payment are still the usual high season rates - the reduced staffing at RCI probably means everything is on auto-pilot for pricing.

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Cash flow. Tie up the cash especially when refunds are taking so long to occur. It’s not a bad strategic plan until everyone figures out what is going on. 

People are pretty gullible they will continue to book cruises for 2020 when reallistically there are way to many guidelines for the cruiselines to achieve for that to ever happen this current year.

It's one thing to board the ship virus free but another thing when you go onto one of the foreign ports not to bring the virus back onto the ship and infect everyone and have a ship full of sick passengers.

It's a vicious cycle that won't be able to be handled without a vaccine that will help all ages, until then going to be really hard to control by cruiselines or any other entity,

It's  a really sad situation that we all have to understand and handle. Until that happen's going to be alot of unhappy people here on CC.

I have 2 cruises booked right now...September 2020 and September 2021..............when the time comes the September 2020 cruise will be moved to April 2022...........so that would mean 17 months and  24 months from now when there is a vacine available. I'm good with that.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Another thought. In the early days of American Express Credit Cards, as a small business owner the percentage charged to accept the card was higher than other cards. Another thing that was different and they managed this somehow, their account receivables, was 30 days but their account payables was 90 days. Royal account receivables are zero days or final payment (60-90 days) and payables, who knows (30-45-more). 

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The prices outside of final payment are still the usual high season rates - the reduced staffing at RCI probably means everything is on auto-pilot for pricing.

If RCI needs cash flow they should consider turning off the auto-pilot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If RCI needs cash flow they should consider turning off the auto-pilot.

The thing is, that TA e-mail is bogus since there's no 7/30 sailing for Oasis (there's one on 8/1) and the insides start at $829 for sailings outside of final payment (prices inside final payment are about 1/2 of that). That e-mail is just click bait.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing has been announced beyond June 12 cancellations.  Carnival did cancel their New York season though but they left from New York as opposed to NJ if that makes a difference.  

I don't think that sailing from Manhattan, Brooklyn or Bayonne would be considered any different. Hence for the cruise industry the areas is considered as the New York Area and will not think it will ne sail from NJ if the virus is not under control a few miles away.

99.9% I would say that the cruises on Oasis will be cancelled this year. Maybe if the situation would allow as of August they might bring Adventure to Bayonne.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The thing is, that TA e-mail is bogus since there's no 7/30 sailing for Oasis (there's one on 8/1) and the insides start at $829 for sailings outside of final payment (prices inside final payment are about 1/2 of that). That e-mail is just click bait.

I'm on the 7/25 sailing and it ends 8/1.

I'm scheduled to go on the July 4 Oasis sailing, but the only way I could see these cruises taking place, is if they test everyone before boarding and only go to Coco cay and  or Labadee. This way  they can control passengers exposure on land. Also what Caribbean island would allow 5000 people from the tristate area onto there island, they you have to be nuts. 

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I don't think that sailing from Manhattan, Brooklyn or Bayonne would be considered any different. Hence for the cruise industry the areas is considered as the New York Area and will not think it will ne sail from NJ if the virus is not under control a few miles away.

99.9% I would say that the cruises on Oasis will be cancelled this year. Maybe if the situation would allow as of August they might bring Adventure to Bayonne.

Not that it matters because more serious things are going on in the world, but if my 7/25 Oasis cruise is cancelled, I guess I lose my grandfathered Boardwalk soda package, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jptoz said:

I'm scheduled to go on the July 4 Oasis sailing, but the only way I could see these cruises taking place, is if they test everyone before boarding and only go to Coco cay and  or Labadee. This way  they can control passengers exposure on land. Also what Caribbean island would allow 5000 people from the tristate area onto there island, they you have to be nuts. 

Plenty of Haitians work in the Labadee compound and the have zero clue what personal space or social distancing is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Plenty of Haitians work in the Labadee compound and the have zero clue what personal space or social distancing is.

They only know to get in your face and follow you............

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wish Oasis would go in August. Alas, I think there is zero chance of it sailing so we moved our deposit to next summer. And even that is iffy.

Our CL suite for 4 people was originally $12,000. For the heck of it, I did a mock booking yesterday and our cabin is now a bit over 6K, 50% off.   But no way were we going to give RC final payment with an almost certain assurance they are not going to sail from Bayonne.